Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Quid Pro Quo

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I had to laugh at Bull's comment about Juror #8.  "She's sitting there, acting like she's made up her mind already and doesn't need to hear any more testimony."  Heh.  Imagine that.  Like it would happen in real life. 

The attorney asking for a consultation telegraphed the downfall almost immediately.  Of course, I wonder how he got so many shell companies up and organized so quickly so as to conceal the origin of his bribery payment.  Don't quote me on this, but it's my understanding that, as a result of federal laws regulating access to US financial markets from foreign countries, that tax havens like the Cayman Islands have become much more accessible to US investigations for financial crimes.

They sort of glossed over the fact that the Dean openly perjured herself on the stand when she testified that the Dr. was present when his father handed over the money.  Her testimony in future cases is virtually worthless now.  Benny should have questioned her more stringently on that point.

They sure are portraying Izzy as sort of a basket-case.  And considering how bad things had been between them before, the writers aren't doing a good job of making us root for them as a couple.

15 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

They sort of glossed over the fact that the Dean openly perjured herself on the stand when she testified that the Dr. was present when his father handed over the money.  Her testimony in future cases is virtually worthless now.  Benny should have questioned her more stringently on that point.

Good point.

• Love 1

They sort of glossed over the fact that the Dean openly perjured herself on the stand when she testified that the Dr. was present when his father handed over the money. 

I think you mean the facilitator or counselor or whatever they were calling her.  The dean of admissions at the college said the counselor handed over the money directly and she didn't see anyone else.  But she added that he should have known he didn't get accepted on his own.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:03 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Of course, I wonder how he got so many shell companies up and organized so quickly so as to conceal the origin of his bribery payment. 

I assumed he was just a crooked attorney who did this kind of stuff a lot and he already had the shell companies in place.

Pro tip: when paying off a juror to swing a case, try and pick one who has a better poker face.

I continue to be underwhelmed by cases that hinge on such witness testimony as "Since you paid for the damage of your teen's dumb moves in exchange for the one damaged to not press charges, clearly you are also implicit in your husband's buying the son's college admission spot".

Whoever strapped on Izzy's fake baby belly has obviously never actually seen a pregnant woman before because it was sitting way too high on her abdomen for someone who was past her due date. And if her contractions were only six minutes apart, they should not have been at the hospital. I also found her contractions to be a little unbelievable (they always told me, and I found it to be the truth for me, that a real, actual contraction, like the sort that you'd have to be having to be in a hospital gown, is so intense that you can't talk at all during them), like that weirdly long one where she was telling Bull to answer the phone. But at least the baby is here (were we ever told a name?) so maybe that plotline will be over for awhile.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

she added that he should have known he didn't get accepted on his own.

My guess is that he thought he as a diversity/affirmative action admit, and even if he didn't think that, you can be sure plenty of horrible students at the school told him so.

Also, I had no idea Hudson University was so prestigious. For some reason, I always thought it was a lower tier school, unless it experiences dramatic changes in the rankings (as the plot demands).  

On 2/13/2020 at 9:43 AM, Sarah 103 said:
Also, I had no idea Hudson University was so prestigious. For some reason, I always thought it was a lower tier school, unless it experiences dramatic changes in the rankings (as the plot demands).  

I'm just catching up now, and this is exactly what I was coming here to post. Who knew that the Murder Capital of American Universities was also so academically demanding????

• Love 1
On 2/12/2020 at 2:03 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I get that this is tv, but it was like their only strategy was to point out she made a deal instead of trying to nail down her claim that the doctor was present at the meeting. 

I mean, I get it, this is the same show where someone goes to trial in a criminal matter within what, two days of getting arrested?