Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Needs to Know

• Start Topic

WHAT THE HEART DESIRES - A mysterious SOS call from Whitelighter Helen (guest star Azura Skye) draws Harry (Rupert Evans), Mel (Melonie Diaz), Macy (Madeleine Mantock) and Maggie (Sarah Jeffrey) into a perilous conflict with Darklighter Helen. In an attempt to reignite the Power of Three, Macy resorts to drastic measures. Jeff Byrd directed the episode written by Johanna Lee & Jessica O’Toole & Amy Rardin (#212). Original airdate 2/7/2020.

I'm always happy to see Azura Skye. Aside from that... I got nothing. This Harry/Abigael back and forth is boring. Parker still being alive and Macy keeping that fact from Maggie is boring. Abigael taking Macy's fire powers is... not boring, exactly, but completely predictable. Mel has just been boring in general for quite some time. It's like the show doesn't know what to do with her. And once again, the sisters were split up for most of the episode. They need to get their powers back and start working together again, stat.

(And they also need to merge Harry and Dark Harry, plus have Maggie find out about Parker and work through her anger at Macy for keeping that from her soon, so they can move on to some less-predictable stories.)

• Love 2

Disappointing episode... Of all the ppl to go to because she thinks her demon powers are futzing with her witch powers and she goes to Abigael... Who is the embodiment of powers working together... And of course she takes the power for herself after telling Macy how important her demon powers are... I mean Macy is supposed to be the smart one.. And she can't stand or trust Abigael so none of that made sense.. Tho I feel maybe she ends up getting them back... The show needs to expand the sisters' base of knowledge they still really only know harry and Abigail... If they knew more supernaturals maybe then macy coulda found a solution... Everything else was bleh

• Love 2

Taken by itself this wasn't a bad episode but as a whole this season just isn't adding up in any way that makes sense. So Whitelighters can't kill Darklighters, and Darklighters can't kill Whitelighters. Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Harry's Darklighter try to kill him in the season premiere? In fact isn't that why they are in "hiding" at Safe Space Seattle? Didn't someone hire/send that Darklighter to kill them? And didn't the demon world declare war on witches? Yet, Abigael is now the Queen of the demon world and nobody is going after the Charmed Ones, even though they know exactly where they are. Even when one of them shows up to Abigael's apartment. WTF.

To confirm, when Macy was trying to get Parker to tell her where the dagger was, she reminded him that someone out there is trying to kill them (the Charmed Ones). So why aren't they more focused on trying to find out who that is, rather than whatever random thing they're chasing from week to week? 

• Love 1

Why would you do 2 "big" reveals in 1 episode? First its 'SHOCK! Parker is alive!' Followed by 'SHOCK! Evil Harry is alive!' There's better written fanfic than this.

The brief sisters scenes was nice and refreshing. Seeing them in the attic felt so nice and cozy only to go back to the stupid command center.

When Abigail said "fire powers are coveted" I laughed since it just sounded so plain. It has an official name. 

Not really sure why Mel didn't freeze the crazy evil lighter woman. Had all the opportunity in the world and they just ignore it.

Not really sure why Mel didn't freeze the crazy evil lighter woman. 

I don't think she can without turning her into ice and killing her. She and Maggie didn't get their regular powers back. Mel got some weird variation on her power and Maggie got a different power altogether. That's probably why Macy still can't use TK. She'll have some other strange power instead.

I finally got around to watching this one.  

I liked the guest star who played Helen.  Her backstory could have been interesting but it's really just filler with no real relevance to anything.  Macy was really dumb to declare that she was going to walk over to the Book of Elders.  Maybe they should have filled her in on Dark Helen's anger at the Elders for splitting her in half.  Though really, Dark Helen killed a bunch of innocent people, so it would be hard to redeem her.

It's more than halfway in the season and we are now going introduce some random bartender as a love interest for Mel?  I guess it couldn't be any worse than that bland CEO love interest for Macy who was MIA in this one, thankfully.

I have nothing against Parker but it's boring to bring him back to create some contrived conflict with Macy keeping a secret from Maggie.  It's like they didn't know what to do with Abigail this week, so they had Macy go ask her to take her demon powers.  As said above, that made no sense.

• Love 2

So after Mel gives that big speech about how women can make their own choices, Macy decides to take away Maggie's choice by not letting her know that Parker is alive so that she wont keep going back to him? Oh I am SO not looking forward to all the drama that will break out when Maggie finds out that Macy is hiding this from her.

What a shock, Abigail stole Macy's powers! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

The stuff with Helen and her two personas and being the first white/dark lighter is decently interesting and I am glad they came back to it, but it wasnt explored very well. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

What a shock, Abigail stole Macy's powers! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Yeah.. I feel I woulda been more on board with this storyline  if I could've gotten an explanation from Macy that made sense as to why she believed it was the demon side of her keeping the witch side away... Its like they wanted abigael to get Macy's power for whatever sinister nonsense she's doing and they had to have macy have a reason to give it up... But having macy ( a witch demon hybrid who thinks that her demon is keeping her witch away)  go to Abigael ( a half witch half demon) who's powers are working fine... Seems backwards.. Forgetting how much of all the characters macy has trusted Abigael the least

• Love 1
On 2/9/2020 at 12:15 PM, iMonrey said:

I don't think she can without turning her into ice and killing her. She and Maggie didn't get their regular powers back. Mel got some weird variation on her power and Maggie got a different power altogether. That's probably why Macy still can't use TK. She'll have some other strange power instead.

Ugh of course! Their powers are as confusing as what storyline they are trying to tell this season. Time to get a new pair of showrunners and go back to basics.....re-reboot the reboot after the 2nd season reboot. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Ugh of course! Their powers are as confusing as what storyline they are trying to tell this season. Time to get a new pair of showrunners and go back to basics.....re-reboot the reboot after the 2nd season reboot. 

Word.. I don't mind exploring the demon world.. Or the larger supernatural world.. But I don't feel like were really doing that lately.. Also I'd really like some focus on the diff kinds of witch craft... When this show was being pitched and getting ready to go it was one of my main hopes that we'd see at least a little bit of distance from traditional new England witchcraft.. Salem trials and all that.. And in season one there was a bit.. Bit Nada in season 2 so far

15 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Word.. I don't mind exploring the demon world.. Or the larger supernatural world.. But I don't feel like were really doing that lately.. Also I'd really like some focus on the diff kinds of witch craft... When this show was being pitched and getting ready to go it was one of my main hopes that we'd see at least a little bit of distance from traditional new England witchcraft.. Salem trials and all that.. And in season one there was a bit.. Bit Nada in season 2 so far

All they've done this season is treat "The demon world" like it's the Mob. The hierarchy doesnt make sense or them going backwards in making most of them making demons look like regular joe-schmoes in black. 

• Love 1

Azura Skye was good in her guest starring role.

This show is dull as dishwater but it's good for helping me fall asleep.

Why were the original showrunners replaced? This reboot may have never been phenomenal in its first season, but at least it was beginning to find its footing in the back half of the season and individual episodes were actually entertaining.

• Love 2