Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: 10-8 Black and Blue

AgentRXS

When Joseph's childhood friend is wrongfully accused by the LAPD, he involves Bill in his mission to find the truth. Paula is put in a tough position when her hospital puts her in charge of making staff cuts in order to meet its budget requirements. Meanwhile, Cade is having second thoughts about the children he is fostering.

Originally aired January 30, 2020

Another tv show where people can break open/solve major crime rings in less than 15 minutes.

So now does every cop in LA hate Bill? Is his life now in danger? Tune in next week I guess.

Way to solve the budget problem at the hospital, "Fire me." There's a real problem solver. How about actually looking at the budget, expenses, P+L. I guess that's not dramatic enough, sitting at a table and going through reports.

I also guess Bill's new salary as sheriff covers what they would lose when wife quits to save everyone else's jobs at the hospital.

I don't get Bill's obsession with his godson. Seems like the kid is old enough, he should be taking care of himself by now.

The cops and the rest of the sheriff's crew drive pretty nice modern vehicles. Bill is driving a 20-year-old IH Scout. Or at least that's what it looks like.

I do have to say, the ending was sweet, with Bill taking his dad on a ride. Best part of the entire episode.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I don't get Bill's obsession with his godson. Seems like the kid is old enough, he should be taking care of himself by now.

Wasn't Deputy/Sheriff Bill somewhat responsible for the death of the godson's father?

Since the show's name is "Deputy," is he going to go back to being a deputy any time soon? Or am I missing some play on words?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Wasn't Deputy/Sheriff Bill somewhat responsible for the death of the godson's father?

Wasn't godson's dad killed in a prison shanking? I was thinking godson was a prison guard too. But that was four episodes ago, who can remember. Obviously, not I!

I'm kind of confused about the different between a sheriff and a police and a deputy. Not that it matters I guess.

30 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Since the show's name is "Deputy," is he going to go back to being a deputy any time soon?

Well, that election IS coming up!

19 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Another tv show where people can break open/solve major crime rings in less than 15 minutes.

So now does every cop in LA hate Bill? Is his life now in danger? Tune in next week I guess.

Way to solve the budget problem at the hospital, "Fire me." There's a real problem solver. How about actually looking at the budget, expenses, P+L. I guess that's not dramatic enough, sitting at a table and going through reports.

I also guess Bill's new salary as sheriff covers what they would lose when wife quits to save everyone else's jobs at the hospital.

I don't get Bill's obsession with his godson. Seems like the kid is old enough, he should be taking care of himself by now.

The cops and the rest of the sheriff's crew drive pretty nice modern vehicles. Bill is driving a 20-year-old IH Scout. Or at least that's what it looks like.

I do have to say, the ending was sweet, with Bill taking his dad on a ride. Best part of the entire episode.

During Hunter's first two seasons his Captain didn't like him so he was assigned junker cars. As a Sergeant Sheriff Hollister was hidden in the mounted horse unit and seemed to have a left over old car. Somehow he has ditched his transferred in from DC driver aide de camp Deputy for most of this episode but keeps his old car like many a TV cop has his cool vintage car.

I think the LAPD Chief of Police has his back. That he didn't go after the patrol cop who drew down on and detained his Godson helps.

15 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Wasn't godson's dad killed in a prison shanking? I was thinking godson was a prison guard too. But that was four episodes ago, who can remember. Obviously, not I!

I'm kind of confused about the different between a sheriff and a police and a deputy. Not that it matters I guess.

Well, that election IS coming up!

The Sheriff is an elected LA County official he has deputies from the Under Sheriff, Commanders, Captains, Sergeants, all the way down to our boot the probationary Deputy, responsible for policing unincorporated   areas without their own internal city organizations (not inside of a city limits) and also contracts with some independent cities to provide their police services. The Sheriff also provides specialized units to smaller independent police departments like homicide detectives, crime labs, air support and SWAT teams. But the biggest job might be   running the county jail system. Most deputies spend at least two years on jailer duties before moving to patrol, bailiff, prisoner transport, or other duties etc.

Since in California all Deputies and police officers have statewide jurisdiction the difference between a Deputy and an Officer (cop) is really nothing more than say the difference between a Marine and a Soldier. Mostly the same job, the Deputies also having jail and court officer duties but different agencies

In smaller counties the California Highway Patrol would help with those specialized police support

Edited by Raja
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I am trying so hard to like this show. Right now, the only things bringing me back are Stephen Dorff (not Bill, the character, but Dorff the actor) and Bishop who continues to be the voice of reason and is quite funny. 

I am not a fan of the wife (don’t really like her in Bull either) who thinks it would be a good idea for her to give up her job instead of actually helping the hospital figure things out. 

• Love 3
On 2/1/2020 at 12:41 PM, saber5055 said:

The scenes with Bill and his father were great, and the ending was indeed very sweet. Nice work by Stephen Dorff and Michael Harney.

The show is loaded with flaws and yet I'm still enjoying it. Bill could ease up on the pontificating, but I like the rough-and-ready persona. Cade and Bishop are standouts. Bill's wife is meh, I like Cade's wife a bit better, though she has not really been fleshed out.

• Love 3