Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: All 12 Toes

Premieres January 23, 2020

Dr. Vincent performs a delicate surgery when she treats a toddler born with 12 toes. Dr. Schaeffer meets a nudist with funky feet, and things get tense during a foot reconstruction procedure when the patient wakes up in the middle of surgery.

I fully acknowledge that I am an awful person when I say that the parents of the 12-toed toddler looked like siblings. How many times did we need to hear how nervous the mother was for the baby? I grant you I have an extremely low tolerance for babies, but the filler discussion on this show and "Dr. Pimple Popper" makes me crazy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, bilgistic said:

How many times did we need to hear how nervous the mother was for the baby? 

At least a hundred. Oy.

That woman said she had the same surgery as a small child and IIRC she reported no trauma from it. But she has do the worried mom act for the cameras. Boringly. 

I also dislike all the padded backstories on this show.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, bilgistic said:

How many times did we need to hear how nervous the mother was for the baby?

Since it's a TLC show, it likely has to be uttered in every sentence -- or you may substitute "scared" or "nervous." 

14 hours ago, bilgistic said:

the filler discussion on this show and "Dr. Pimple Popper" makes me crazy.

I watched both Dr. PP and this show in not much more than half an hour, total, by FF through the filler and commercials.  And FF through the foot surgery.  For some reason, it doesn't interest me, and I'm actually kind of horrified by the things they use to pull back the skin that look like those back scratchers shaped like hands.

I didn't understand what the cross-eyed nudist was saying when talking about where people look.  Do they look at his feet, and that's why he needs them to be fungus-free?  I would think people in a nudist colony would focus on looking people in the eye, but of course that's tricky with him.  So they look at his feet in particular?

Whatever...it was boring.  Laser zapping of toe fungus.  Yawn.

And if I wanted to watch a toddler misbehave, I'd watch Supernanny.  And eagerly await the repercussions.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

There's something about the production of this show I just don't like. It's not like other shows don't have filler, but I feel like there's more to why I'm annoyed by this show, but I can't put my finger on why.

I don't find either of the doctors interesting personalities. They seem like faceless people. You could have a new doctor every week and trade out and I wouldn't care.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Dr. Lee on Dr. Pimple Popper - she has a great personality and I enjoy her talking heads and her bedside manner, but I'm not getting any of that here.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And if I wanted to watch a toddler misbehave, I'd watch Supernanny.  And eagerly await the repercussions.

The parents letting the kid crawl around the exam room floor (behind the exam chair!) burned me up. I work in a grocery store and deal with parents that let their kids run crazy all the time. I have no tolerance for it. It's not cute.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I don't find either of the doctors interesting personalities. They seem like faceless people. You could have a new doctor every week and trade out and I wouldn't care.

I like the show with the chiropodist in Canada--the Toe Bro.  He's much more engaging than the two on this show.

The thing is, I don't remember him doing any foot surgery, like these two do.  Just ingrown toenails and fungus.  Or at least big chunks of his show aren't dedicated to scenes of him chipping at a bone in a foot.

So his show would be more repetitive than this one, because it doesn't have the variety of procedures, but it doesn't seem like it.

• Love 1

I like the Toe Bro better than this show, too. While Dr Vincent is both intelligent and gorgeous, that other dude gives me the creeps. He seems like the type who was a frat house asshole who never grew out of that mentality. 

I tape this show so I can FF through the backstories and just get to the medical issue. 

I finally watched a few episodes of this show. Between the slow motion taking off of the socks and the extreme close-ups of the gross foot problems, I can only assume this is designed for foot fetish people. I have been to a podiatrist and never had him slowly pull off my shoes and socks. I also agree the doctors have no personality. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Between the slow motion taking off of the socks and the extreme close-ups of the gross foot problems, I can only assume this is designed for foot fetish people.

Yeah, what's up with the slow motion taking off of the socks?  Maybe they're trying to show a more personal rather than clinical connection between doc and patient?  I like it when Dr. Pimple Popper uses her bare hands to feel people's (non-leaking, non-scaly) lumps because I think it would make the patient feel less like a mutant, but the doc taking the socks off, whether fast or slow?  Weird.

• Love 2

I believe that the doc take those shoes and socks off slowly because they're unsure of what they will find underneath them. I think they also don't want to hurt the patient in yanking them off since there are issues with their feet in the first place.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2020 at 4:14 AM, floridamom said:

I believe that the doc take those shoes and socks off slowly because they're unsure of what they will find underneath them. I think they also don't want to hurt the patient in yanking them off since there are issues with their feet in the first place.

That could be true in some situations, but I am sure that the patients who appear on the show have been prescreened. The doc knows darn well what will be found under the socks. The sock striptease is all for TV here.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/24/2020 at 1:35 AM, bilgistic said:

I fully acknowledge that I am an awful person when I say that the parents of the 12-toed toddler looked like siblings.

You're not alone. I also fully acknowledge that I not only made a crack to my husband about the 12-toed kid's parents looking like siblings, and also because of that fact their kid has 12 toes. Then my husband told me that no, I was wrong, because obviously that kid's sibling was actually Damien from "The Omen."

Also, as much as I love the nudist's enjoyment of nude beaches, I really didn't need the photographic evidence of his activity. Idris Elba he is not.

Edited by lightninggirl