Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Chapter Twenty-Five: The Devil Within

• Start Topic

I really felt for Hilda  in this episode. Try as she might, she just can't get Zelda to focus on her for 5 seconds. And she has to put up with slowly transforming into a monster.

Also, Caliban! Things just got personal when Sabrina left him for dead, I am really excited to see what the final showdown between these two will be like.

• Love 2
On 1/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, Harvey said:

I really felt for Hilda  in this episode. Try as she might, she just can't get Zelda to focus on her for 5 seconds. And she has to put up with slowly transforming into a monster.

I can get Zelda being so self absorbed she barely noticed the gruesome, festering boil on Hilda's cheek, but what is Ambrose and Sabrina's excuse?? This show really isn't afraid to go there with the gore, is it?

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 1

I found it difficult to believe that Caliban, who has been clamoring for the throne and left Sabrina to die when she was fighting Herod, was willing to sacrifice himself just because Sabrina pointed out the obvious - that a king should have at least a little bit of honor. But I was also surprise that Sabrina left him there. I thought she would go back for him once she got Pilate's bowl safely out of there.

Harvey is a moron. He saw what the pagans did to Roz and he somehow thought that he, a mere mortal, could show up at the carnival with some teenage jocks and get the pagans to apologize and then nicely help him? FFS. There's desperate and then there's stupid. I know it was Blackwood/Lucifer's suggestion but I don't think he was forced to do it. They planted that whisper but Harvey chose to do it. Was there no tiny part of him that realized what a horrible idea that was? I was sure he was going to get all those other boys killed. Turned into pigs isn't great, but at least that isn't dead.

Similarly, I didn't feel that bad for Elspeth. She betrayed her coven and tried to join the pagans so I wasn't the least bit surprised when the pagans cut her throat. She really expected them to just welcome her and Melvin with open arms and hugs? Again, there's desperate and then there's just plain stupid.

As usual, Zelda can't be arsed to listen to Hilda or pay attention to her when she flat out says she thinks that the pagans did something to her. I do find it funny that when they were calling to the other witches, Ambrose said that the coven was using the last of their magic to send their message yet later we saw Ambrose using magic on the Dark Lord's blood and Hilda was using some kind of glamour magic to hide her boils from Dr. Cee.

I was surprised when Lilith said that she would rule by Sabrina's side forever. Did she really mean that or did she mean until she could find a way to usurp her?

I was wondering if Robin would change sides. Things weren't looking good when he warned he pagans that Roz et all were coming, but it looks like the yearning to be a regular kid is finally outweighing being loyal and obedient.

Awwwww, Nick! I'm here for the witchy stuff, but I hate that Nick and Sabrina couldn't have just have like five minutes to be happy together. Between being in hell, PTSD, self medicating, almost ODing, etc. it's just been one thing after another.

I'm excited to see what the hedge witches bring to the mix!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2020 at 6:39 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I found it difficult to believe that Caliban, who has been clamoring for the throne and left Sabrina to die when she was fighting Herod, was willing to sacrifice himself just because Sabrina pointed out the obvious - that a king should have at least a little bit of honor. But I was also surprise that Sabrina left him there. I thought she would go back for him once she got Pilate's bowl safely out of there.

I feel like there hasn’t been any consistency in Caliban’s motives. He seems to do whatever is useful to advance the plot and that’s why he alternates between helping and hurting Sabrina. He helped Sabrina and her friends when they went to hell because it sets up challenges they will face in 5he forest. He steals the crown n the first challenge because it’s better dramatic tension if Sabrina is behind in the challenges. And now he helps her because if he didn’t, he would win and we wouldn’t need a third challenge.

It also bothers me that Caliban has the same hair as Dorian. Fortunately, they are not sharing scenes because I would get them confused.

• Love 3

Whichever poster used their Latin skills to predict Hilda changing into a spider was spot on! Bravo!

I have a feeling Sabrina would have gone back for Caliban eventually. She's just being pulled in so many different ways it's hard to pick what to prioritize. But I choose to believe that after saving Nick, helping her coven and delivering the bowl to hell, she would have gone back for Caliban. Unfortunately for Caliban what was a day or two in Sabrina's life was.... centuries? (I don't remember what he said) for him. 

Omg I can handle gore. I've watched this show with my eyes wide open and have not been grossed out by any of it. But when Hilda was popping that boil on her cheek and I just KNEW spiders were gonna come out of it.... I had to look away.

I haven't seen any episodes past this one so this is just a guess, is Robin switching sides? Is he going to betray his "family?" Or is he telling the truth to gain their trust but really still working with the pagans. Hmmm.  

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 2

This was the first episode of season 3 I just flat out disliked. 

The stuff with Hilda was awful, actually there was a lot of other gore too, and I just looked away alot.

The stuff with Pilate and Caliban is really boring.

I prefer Original Lucifer (the actor) not the dude playing the academy head acting like Lucifer.

Too much going on plotwise- the pigs, the pagans, the Pilate stuff, Lucifer running around, the Weird Sisters.

Not enough of the one sister. Can't remember her name. Not enough Lilith.

The one good thing is the storyline with Nick, and the portrayal of him since Satan was in him has been good.