Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Clapback

• Start Topic

When Malika gets in legal trouble following the Black Lives Matter disruption, Callie goes to an old friend for help. Meanwhile Mariana deals with the fallout from the arrival of the “fixer” at Speckulate, Gael helps Davia with a clapback video, and Alice finds herself in the middle of an unlikely love triangle.

Poor Judge Wilson. When they first showed him falling to the ground I thought he was having a heart attack, the son being dead was a surprise. Do cops/paramedics really just call people and say "your son is deceased"? That seemed a bit blunt.

Are we supposed to think Malika and Dennis slept together, or did they just pass out?

I don't really have sympathy for Mariana's situation at work. She did get involved in things she shouldn't have. It is probably best for her to just tell everyone Angela leaked the salary info. I know she doesn't want to throw her under the bus, but she kind of already did when she told Evan about the Amanda thing. And Angela was already fired, what else can they do to her?

I also don't feel bad for her for getting kicked off her app, because she really didn't seem ready to be the lead on a project. 

• Love 1

I, too, thought Judge Wilson was having a heart attack. I can see where this is going and I don't like it: Callie helps him, he forgives Malika - or don't forgive her and then more drama unfolds because Callie was unprofessional, blah, blah

I also thought that Callie's complete meltdown was over the top. I get it, the memories of her mother and all, but it came out of nowhere, and it was delayed. I don't buy it. The trigger of the memory was seeing the body, the police. But during those scenes her expression seemed pretty neutral, at least less "worried" then when she saw the judge almost collapse. Maybe they filmed the whole thing and needed a time-jump scene. The whole thing, and then Jude coming out of nowhere seemed out of place, hurried, not part of the original idea for the episode. Just weird.

I guess that, for the first time, Gael didn't annoy me. I like him much better when he is not having sex or engaged on seduction games with other people.

• Love 3
On 1/16/2020 at 8:05 PM, KaveDweller said:

Poor Judge Wilson. When they first showed him falling to the ground I thought he was having a heart attack, the son being dead was a surprise. Do cops/paramedics really just call people and say "your son is deceased"? That seemed a bit blunt.

Are we supposed to think Malika and Dennis slept together, or did they just pass out?

I thought the same thing about the judge having a heart attack. I also thought it was strange that he would want Callie there with him while he identified the body or whatever.  

We are not supposed to think that Malika and Dennis slept together, but Davia is! 

• Love 2

I did not see Judge Wilson losing his son at all, that was hard to watch, even not really knowing the character very well, its still a horrible thing to happen. I suspect that this will either make him even more hard line against criminals (especially people involved with drugs) or, probably more likely, he will reverse his decisions about letting the cops off after he gets more empathy for Jamals mom, etc. 

God, of course Mariana never thinks that maybe Callie moved out because she treated Callie like crap, but because Callie is selfish and sucks and its all about Mariana and no one supports HER and HER App and blahblahblah all about her. I feel bad that now she has to work with the two worst people you can imagine working with, but I dont feel so bad for her. Honestly, given she is still pretty new to this and her App had a pretty big flaw that almost screwed over the people they were raising money for, I dont blame her work for wanting someone else to run her App. 

It was nice see some mixing of character pairings, for people that all live together in a hipster commune thing it seems like everyone is always off with their specific scene partners and hardly interact with the other people they supposedly live with, so I was happy to see subplots with Dennis and Malika and Davia and Gael, who is consistently way more likable when he isnt involved in love triangles. I dont think that Malika and Dennis slept together, I think they just passed out, but Davia is totally going to think they did. 

Oh Malika, I admire her passion and get why she wants to take risks in the name of activism, but there ARE going to be consequences (which they were very upfront about) and they could really suck.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 10:46 PM, alexvillage said:

I guess that, for the first time, Gael didn't annoy me. I like him much better when he is not having sex or engaged on seduction games with other people.

Definitely. They really need to keep him out of Callie's orbit, he's so much more tolerable when he's literally anybody else. And hopefully they stop hooking up with guys who are villainized so as to be deemed inferior to Callie. So yeah, less relationship drama, more career focus please Gael.

Jamie's great, but the actor still being billed as "guest star" status doesn't bode well. Which probably means I'll be back to hating Gael soon.

Seems ridiculous that they'd place Mariana back in a team with Asshat and Jr. Asshat but Mariana makes it very hard to sympathize with her.

Alice! Stop being so messy!

• Love 1

I love this show and I'm always excited to talk about it but, I didn't feel this episode. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. But I don't really have anything to comment on. Lol

The only thing I will say is, I'm more confused then ever about the timing of that Christmas special. 🤦

Maybe I'll have more to add later when I read everyone's comments. 

On 1/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Ok I've just finished watching season 2 and I need to know something that is bugging me...

When did Sumi move into the coterie? I didn't see that part (if I've missed something) and all of a sudden she's in the room talking with Lindsay! And then she lives there! 

• Love 1