Type keyword(s) to search

S40: Wendell Holland

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

On 5/25/2021 at 11:07 PM, Grizzly said:

Just saw a commercial showing Wendell on a show called Hot Mess House on hgtv.

It is funny because I kept wondering what other hgtv show this guy had been on as he looked familiar.  So I googled him and saw the Survivor reference, and realized why he looked so familiar.  Lol.  I just couldn’t remember where I had seen him before.

• Love 2
On 6/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, alexa said:

It is funny because I kept wondering what other hgtv show this guy had been on as he looked familiar.  So I googled him and saw the Survivor reference, and realized why he looked so familiar.  Lol.  I just couldn’t remember where I had seen him before.

His face is fuller since I presume he's eating okay.  He seems happy on it and reminds me of how I felt about Winner Wendell and not Whiny Wendell from Winners at War (well, sulky, whatever, but it's not alliterative).

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I love Wendell.  Hot Mess House shows that he is extremely talented at home building and renovation.  Because I liked the show so much, I re-watched Season 36 that Wendell won.  He was great.

The theme of the season was Reverse The Curse, reversing mistakes from previous survivors.  The survisors were told to make good, not bad decisions.

Wendell made 2 excellent decisons that won him the game.  In ep. 1 he rejected Chris's proposal to get rid of Domenick.  He told Chris he liked Dom.  They stuck together and dominated the game from then on.  In Ep. 12 Wendell really won the puzzle challenee but he let Laurel win because she put her arms up first.  Laurel reversed her decision to vote out Wendell  that night.  We all know what happened next.

16 hours ago, susannot said:

I love Wendell.  Hot Mess House shows that he is extremely talented at home building and renovation.  Because I liked the show so much, I re-watched Season 36 that Wendell won.  He was great.

The theme of the season was Reverse The Curse, reversing mistakes from previous survivors.  The survisors were told to make good, not bad decisions.

Wendell made 2 excellent decisons that won him the game.  In ep. 1 he rejected Chris's proposal to get rid of Domenick.  He told Chris he liked Dom.  They stuck together and dominated the game from then on.  In Ep. 12 Wendell really won the puzzle challenee but he let Laurel win because she put her arms up first.  Laurel reversed her decision to vote out Wendell  that night.  We all know what happened next.

He had a mental lapse and didn't call out to Jeff that he was finished. She did. He didn't put up a fuss, probably because he recognized he messed up, but I wouldn't consider that letting her win.

• Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 12:42 PM, greyflannel said:

He didn't put up a fuss,

He did, at first.  Then Peachy reminded him of the rules.

Which is why Wendell was sure to call out every time he finished a puzzle in WaW.  He didn't want to get caught by the same rule again.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, SVNBob said:

He did, at first.  Then Peachy reminded him of the rules.

Which is why Wendell was sure to call out every time he finished a puzzle in WaW.  He didn't want to get caught by the same rule again.

He was definitely very vocal about being finished in subsequent challenges. It was funny. I had forgotten about him objecting to his loss.