Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E13: High Society

• Start Topic

This episode was nothing brilliant, but it seemed to jump from one scene to another. There was action, but I am hoping it was setting up for something coming up.  I think I am more excited about the last 30 seconds of the episode, with the potential for Anna, than I have been about the whole rest of the season.  Mama Deeks was a nice touch, but if this is going to be the last season (while this is presumptive on my part, it seems inevitable with the poorness of the scripts), Callen needs some happiness too.

• Love 1

I've got nothing.  Another boring episode and no Hetty.  Also, I hate to nitpick, but dear God, Nell's wardrobe!  What grown woman wears jumpers?  (Unless they're Amish or in a cult).  I don't remember the last time I have even seen them on racks in the department store and I stopped wearing them 50 years ago when I was in grade school.  I have to believe Nell's character makes her own clothes.  There's no other explanation for it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

I've got nothing.  Another boring episode and no Hetty.  Also, I hate to nitpick, but dear God, Nell's wardrobe!  What grown woman wears jumpers?  (Unless they're Amish or in a cult).  I don't remember the last time I have even seen them on racks in the department store and I stopped wearing them 50 years ago when I was in grade school.  I have to believe Nell's character makes her own clothes.  There's no other explanation for it.

I've given up on Nell's clothes and Deeks' hair, both are beyond ridiculous and despite all the comments on the NCIS: LA official facebook page, which must be getting back to the show creators etc, nothing is even looking like changing. It's a shame, because both Nell's clothing and the way ECO's hair looks definitely detract from the show

• Love 4
On 1/14/2020 at 7:43 PM, kb3 said:

I am confused about Sam. I thought he was Muslim. But he’s been drinking beers and talking about wine tours. Did I miss something?

Your question made me do some research. I found that some websites state that Muslims can drink alcohol as long as it's not high in alcohol content, but who knows. You can find anything on the internet. lol

I didn't think this episode was as good as "Groundwork," but it had some good things about it. The thing that annoyed me was that we never knew why Sam asked to change partners. That bugged me the entire episode. I did like the partner switch-up and I LOVED the end with Callen in Ops checking up on possible Anna leads.

I didn't mind Katherine as much in this episode as I have in the previous ones. She was less pushy, less obnoxious, and I liked that she and Sam didn't get together at the end (she's sort of playing hard to get).

I am in tne minority as I don’t like either Katherine or Anna.   Anna is the most cardboard character ever.   Katherine is just obnoxious.  

is there a reason that the writers broke up Nell and Eric? But then have then  flawlessly work together?  Seems pretty cruel to Eric.  Nell couldn’t care less, it seems. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I am in tne minority as I don’t like either Katherine or Anna.   Anna is the most cardboard character ever.   Katherine is just obnoxious.  

is there a reason that the writers broke up Nell and Eric? But then have then  flawlessly work together?  Seems pretty cruel to Eric.  Nell couldn’t care less, it seems. 

I don't think Anna is "cardboard." You may not like the actress, but the character is interesting: her relationship with Arkady, her on-again-off-again relationship with Callen, her shooting of Sidorov, her search for Callen's dad. I haven't seen Katherine enough, but I couldn't stand her in the first two episodes she was in. This last one she wasn't so bad (although I wouldn't work for her). Densi seems a cardboard couple to me: they never argue about anything. I've never seen a couple that never argues, especially when the guy surprises his wife by buying a bar. Guess they don't have any money worries. Unbelievable.

Eric and Nell haven't broken up. They're just not living together since Sydney moved in with Nell and they've toned things down. Not such a bad idea.

• Love 1

Only really liked the Mama Deeks scenes.  They were funny and had some heart.

Not an Anna fan. I do wish we saw more of Arkady.  I like Katherine for Sam, but how are they going to keep her involved in the storylines?

They really have to deal with Hetty's absence.  They really don't have an official boss.  All the other revolving bosses are reoccurring characters on other shows.

Edited by dirtydi