Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: I Couldn't Have Done This Without You

• Start Topic

Back and ready to wreak havoc, The Necromancer (guest star Ben Geurens) sets his plan for revenge in motion. To mend fences with Josie, Hope offers to help her learn more about the mora miserium. Elsewhere, Alaric enlists Landon's help to find out if Sebastian (guest star Thomas Doherty) is a threat to the school.

Promo:

Original air date: 1/16/20

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Landon is still so much more effortless around Josie... I really hope this was the end of MG lusting after Lizzie... She's just blatantly using him... And worse she said he gaslighted her.. When up until he found out that Sebastian was real.. He honestly thought she was imagining him... No Raf.. So meh... I thought hope talking to Josie about jealousy was odd.. The whole time ages talking about how she was jealous when she came back.. And I'm thinking... But you came back and Josie got dumped.. So it all worked out for you...

• Love 1

I know the necromancer is a bad guy but he cracks me up. The look of utter loathing on his face when he dropped a fistful of sprinkles on that kid's ice cream cone was hilarious.

I couldn't decide whether to pity Chad or smack him upside the head. He was such a supportive encouraging friend - but to a necromancer. And what did he get in return? Murdered and turned into the necromancer's puppet.

Oh, Landon. Despite everything he's been through, he still wants to believe the best in people and give them a second chance. I know he saw himself in Sebastian, an orphan longing for a family and a place to belong, and it's not his fault that he took Sebastian at his word.

Alaric had no issue killing countless vampires, despite being best friends with several vampires, but now his go to move is putting a vampire in a box and letting him desiccate? I was really surprised that his first offer to Sebastian was stay at school and follow the rules or desiccate. There was a time when Alaric would have staked Sebastian without a second thought.

• Love 6

Although I wasn't a fan of the way Sebastian was written as Damon 2.0 x Edward Cullen, I totally cracked up at the way he watched Landon and Josie's awkward conversation. If they'd let him do more of that, I would have been rooting for him to stick around. But Sebastian the Merciless who attacks joggers in the park? BYE, BITCH.

I guess now we just have to wait and see if Alaric actually staked him or just put him in a box. If Alaric is truly anti-staking (probably because it looks bad to your vampire students if you're actively killing their kind), he must have a huge storage unit full of desiccated vampires.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Although I wasn't a fan of the way Sebastian was written as Damon 2.0 x Edward Cullen, I totally cracked up at the way he watched Landon and Josie's awkward conversation. If they'd let him do more of that, I would have been rooting for him to stick around. But Sebastian the Merciless who attacks joggers in the park? BYE, BITCH.

I guess now we just have to wait and see if Alaric actually staked him or just put him in a box. If Alaric is truly anti-staking (probably because it looks bad to your vampire students if you're actively killing their kind), he must have a huge storage unit full of desiccated vampires.

I'm about 95% positive that Alaric put him in a box or....actually, maybe just let him go (with a threat or two). Sebastian was probably taunting Alaric to kill him, because, as are most vampires in this universe, he has some sort of death wish...because angst...or something. I guess I'd rather Sebastian actually be evil. It's more fun that way, and I'd rather Alaric have killed him. That would certainly be a twist.

Since he wasn't killed onscreen, no way is Sebastian dead. That would be WAY too easy for us. I still stand by my opinion that Lizzie deserves better. Ok, Sebastian was mildly better in this episode, but still am not rooting for him and Lizzie, even though the show clearly wants me to. Because a lot of their most popular couples in this universe start under shady pretences. 

The episode was actually fairly enjoyable. The Necromancer/Ted stuff was great. I liked his puppet Chad as well. I mean, I didn't necessarily need half the episode to be about the Necromancer, but it was comic relief so...why not? 

Oh, Landon. I appreciate how much he has grown since season 1, where he can now give tours to new prospective students! His awkwardness with Josie worked fairly well. I do like their scenes together, and I'm glad Hope got to make up with Josie as well. Not a whole lot of Hope in this episode, but I'm surprisingly alright with that. 

Now, Josie looks like she may be turning into Dark Willow from Buffy, with that quick flash. Cool.

• Love 2

Will admit was disappointed with the reveal of the Necromancer in the last episode but really enjoyed him here. However still don't see him as the big bad of the season so think he will lead to the big bad like a  Kai or a dark Josie.

This episode kinda said allowed my problem with Landon as a character and love interest. He really does come off as a sidekick. Not sure if it's the acting or how he's being written.

No way is Sebastian dead, no body no death, especially after they have built him up so much with his super dramatic vampire shenanigans. I guess he was trying to goad Alaric into killing him by being all creepy about sleeping with Lizzie (which, considering Lizzie is a teenager and Sebastian is a few hundred years out, it is) but he probably just shoved him into a coffin or something until he can figure out a better plan. I mean, lets all be real here, its not like Alaric isnt pals with several vampires that have killed a whole crap ton of people. Sebastian was a little better this week, now that he can interact with other characters and do something other than being super Extra and silly, but I am still not into him and Lizzie. Lizzie can do better. 

Although, come on Lizzie, MG was not gaslighting you, he really did think that you were talking to yourself, he had no way of knowing you were talking to a freaking vampire ghost! I did enjoy the shout outs to Crisis on Infinite Earths (which its network neighbors just wrapped up) and the episode last season with Lizzie and the Djinn and the alternate universes! 

Look at Landon, confident enough to give campus tours to perspective students! Despite people trying (and succeeding in) killing him all of the time, he still does try to see the best in people. I do wonder if he will get more powers beside coming back from the dead all of time, maybe he can do something with fire, or something else his mud dad gave him? Glad that he and Josie finally cleared the air, I still honestly love their chemistry and am sad that they broke up. The group hug between Hope/Landon/Josie at the ending was cute though. 

The Necromancer might be a bad guy, but I really enjoyed his journey back to his former glory. The look of utter disdain and loathing on his face when he threw those sprinkles on that kids ice cream was incredible. Poor Chad, this is why you dont sign up to be an acolyte without reading the fine print! Killing Chad was uncool Necromancer! Super uncool! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Last episode post I said I wasn't happy with Necromancer being revealed as the person under the hood. This episode did change it for me. However, this is only after realizing him and Chad are not going to be the main villains of the season which I initially thought was who would be revealed under the hood. Instead I think they will probably summon the main villain for the season like Kai or will cause Josie to go dark. I think Landon's description of himself as a sidekick also applies to the Necromancer. 

Poor Raf, maybe if he kept sleeping with Lizzie his character would get as much character development and screen time as Sebastian. 

Let's see Alyssa is a witch who seems to be a leader of bunch of witches, causes trouble and seems to have a friendship with MG. I am not sure what would be worse if she ends up having a thing with Josie or ends up being straight? 

Okay show I was going to inquire why putting that music during the scene with Hope and Josie if you aren't eventually going to have them hook up. However, I found the song Astronomical by Svrcina and it's about being helplessly drawn to darkness which seems like a good song for Josie at the moment. 

Also in regards to Josie, she asked why Clarke picked her and it kind of made me think of a question I had at the beginning of the season. Were there any still lingering effects of Josie being shot with a bullet made from Malivore and then being cured with Hope's blood? So my theory is that since Hope could only weaken Malivore since not a full fledged tribrid, than maybe she hasn't been completely healed and some small part of Malivore is still in her and maybe Clarke could sense or smell that in her. 

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 5:04 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know the necromancer is a bad guy but he cracks me up. The look of utter loathing on his face when he dropped a fistful of sprinkles on that kid's ice cream cone was hilarious.

And the beginning with the security guard, lol.

Is Hope ever going to have her vampire gene triggered?

On 1/17/2020 at 5:32 PM, tennisgurl said:

Although, come on Lizzie, MG was not gaslighting you, he really did think that you were talking to yourself, he had no way of knowing you were talking to a freaking vampire ghost!

That is true of when he showed her the video.  But he did learn the truth and choose not to tell her when he found out the truth.  Granted he didn't see her most of the day he found out, but he didn't tell her later either.