Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E12: Daisy Ridley, Henry Cavill, Ruth Jones, Rob Brydon, Robbie Williams

• Start Topic

On Graham’s festive sofa, from the new blockbuster Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker is Daisy Ridley, Henry Cavill in new fantasy drama series The Witcher, and Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon, reunited in the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special. Plus music from Robbie Williams, performing a song from his new album The Christmas Present. 

Robbie’s performance was really nice.  
Had to rewatch it to understand what his hand signal was about when he whispered to “put them down”. Don’t know if he was a bit tipsy and or high but he was still rather hilarious  

why am I not surprised that Henry Cavill, bless his soul, was still as a rock during the song.  He seems the type. 

this was my first exposure to Daisy Ridley. I quite enjoyed her. Very reminiscent of Kiera Knightly. 

Rob Brydon was a treat. Although I had already heard his joke about his dubbed voice when I went to stand up gig he did earlier in the year. 

Edited by GSManiac
  • Love 2

Good show.

I usually fast forward the musical guests, but I like Robbie Williams, so I watched and enjoyed his performance.

I liked how festive they made the Big Red Chair background.

I for one shared Henry's lack of enthusiasm for the song. Every damn restaurant and shop I've been to for the last month has been blasting Christmas music at me nonstop; the last thing I need is a walking tattoo portfolio warbling about it to me in between bumps of cocaine.

Daisy was a delight, and made me feel marginally more optimistic about RoS when I get around to seeing it. I hope she does get a walk-on if they do any more Gavin & Stacey projects!

• Love 1

Never saw or heard of Daisy Ridley before. What was with her licking her teeth and mouth constantly?  It's like she has dentures that are too big for her mouth, or are her natural teeth that overly large that she can't get her gums around them easily? Seemed very strange. 

I wish I could watch all these wonderful British shows they are always talking about but my BBC shows nothing but Star Trek and other crap. The only BBC show is Graham Norton! WTF. Is there an app you can watch all these shows on?

1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

I wish I could watch all these wonderful British shows they are always talking about but my BBC shows nothing but Star Trek and other crap. The only BBC show is Graham Norton! WTF. Is there an app you can watch all these shows on?

Britbox is great. Has lots of British series, including Gavin & Stacey, which Ruth Jones and Rob Brydon were promoting. You can subscribe to it through Britbox itself or, if you have Amazon Prime, through Prime. The wonderful Gavin & Stacey (minus the 2019 Christmas special) is also on Hulu, which has a few other British series as well.

I share your frustration witih BBCAmerica. Star Trek reruns and American movies can be found anywhere. Give me more British content. At least they gave us Luther & Broadchurch.

Edited by lurkerbee
  • Love 2

Finally caught this episode. Henry Cavill really is a slab of a man, isn't he? He's enormous. He seems to have a good sense of humor about himself.

"They're kind of like super soldiers with no political affiliation." I believe those are called mercenaries.

I loved Daisy Ridley's shoes.

Both stories in the Big Red Chair were quite good.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:59 AM, msrachelj said:

Never saw or heard of Daisy Ridley before. What was with her licking her teeth and mouth constantly?  

(I've never heard of or seen her either.)

I didn't hear anything she said because I was fixated by how unflattering the top part of her dress was to her body type/weight.

Edited by Brookside
  • Love 1