Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Finding Mr. Right

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

This show is hysterical, I wish more people were watching and talking about it. 

I honestly never thought I'd see Damian Wayne refer to himself as a lil sweet potato pie 🙂The whole talk show things was a riot! I love the world they've created and how all the villains superheroes and regular people interact. 

• Love 4

I love everything about this show. The talk show bit had me in stitches!

On 12/21/2019 at 3:00 PM, MrWhyt said:

gotta love the Funches. I've said it elsewhere but the single best part of the series is Lake Bell's Poison Ivy.

I agree.

EDIT: There was a moment when Ivy fell on top of Harley and they made it a point to focus on that. I know the creators said they won't be getting together but are they planting the seed for them getting together in future seasons? Otherwise why make it a point to pause on that moment?

Edited by kdm07
11 hours ago, kdm07 said:

I love everything about this show. The talk show bit had me in stitches!

I agree.

EDIT: There was a moment when Ivy fell on top of Harley and they made it a point to focus on that. I know the creators said they won't be getting together but are they planting the seed for them getting together in future seasons? Otherwise why make it a point to pause on that moment?

Any time you put any version of those two characters in a room together, that's gonna be a big thing people are watching for. And the (smart-ass trope-conscious comedy) writers know that. So my take on it is that they're doing stuff like that just to screw with our expectations.

• Love 1

I would assume Dick Grayson existed, since that's pretty much the whole origin of Robin. If Damien were the first sidekick, he'd be Batboy or something. Now Tim and Jason, I'm not so sure. Some of it depends on how realistically paced the timeline is. If it's the kind of comic book universe where kids keep growing up but adult characters stay the same age year after year, then I suppose there's time for everybody to have existed.

Speaking of age, Harley first appeared in 1992. So guessing her to be about thirty does fit for somebody who's had time to become a practicing shrink but is still young, attractive, and able to do gymnastics, but it also may well have been a meta joke about his character being newer than hers. On this show, I sort of assume it to be both. Some of the jokes have so many layers that I don't put anything past these writers.

Edited by CletusMusashi

I like how we got Damian Wayne, the son of Batman that was raised by mother Talia al Guhl and the League of Assassins . . . and he sounds like a kid. If it wasn't for the final scene in the Batcave,, I'd say he was intentionally playing up that annoying choice.

Great episode with lots of fighting and characters. And we have the debut of King Shark . . . and even if he wasn't voiced by Ron Funches, there's something about a shark swimming around a pool in bathing shorts that's just so . . .  wow. Of course, one drop of blood turns him into a berserker, but that's an acceptable trade-off for his hacking skills and jovial demeanor.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:00 PM, MrWhyt said:

gotta love the Funches. I've said it elsewhere but the single best part of the series is Lake Bell's Poison Ivy.

I just recently started watching this show and her playing everything super straight and being the voice of still evil reason is hilarious.

On 12/24/2019 at 4:51 PM, paigow said:

The talk show captioned it: "Kiss ya? I Harley even know ya!"

All of those captions were really funny, especially when you consider how quickly they were coming up.