Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Cold Turkey

Bort

Holiday traditions go out the window when Steph cooks her first Thanksgiving dinner — and Danny, Jesse and Joey get locked inside a freezer.

Airdate: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

I mean, the second that car was introduced, we all knew it was going through the kitchen right? I think even Cosmo called that one. On the one hand, I’m totally about new foods and new ideas for get togethers, but...cheesy potatoes are really good. I’m torn! 

• Love 7

Except for the car going in which we all knew this was going to happen, watching a Thanksgiving episode in June while shut in due to the pandemic was super depressing.  Fernando and his antics was extra grating. 

• Love 3
On 6/5/2020 at 8:23 AM, tennisgurl said:

I mean, the second that car was introduced, we all knew it was going through the kitchen right? I think even Cosmo called that one. On the one hand, I’m totally about new foods and new ideas for get togethers, but...cheesy potatoes are really good. I’m torn! 

Oh totally.  I still thought it was hilarious, though!  I’m going to miss this show.

My son is now asking for turkey. 🤣

• Love 2

Them replicating the car in the kitchen scene was hilarious, although a bit ridiculous. A kid can mess up reverse vs drive and then not know how to break, but an adult with driving experience? And how did Joey even get his car in a position to do that?

• Love 3
15 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Them replicating the car in the kitchen scene was hilarious, although a bit ridiculous. A kid can mess up reverse vs drive and then not know how to break, but an adult with driving experience? And how did Joey even get his car in a position to do that?

Even in the original series. The yard is pretty much encased in a fence. How do you get it back there?

• Love 4

Somehow I had less trouble accepting the car in the kitchen than I did accepting that the walk in freezer didn’t have a door handle that screwed off from the inside so no one could get locked in. 

Apropos of nothing, I liked Kimmy’s fried egg earrings. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

Somehow I had less trouble accepting the car in the kitchen than I did accepting that the walk in freezer didn’t have a door handle that screwed off from the inside so no one could get locked in. 

Yes, you CAN'T have freezers now without a way to open it from the inside. It's been a safety feature since the last 70s. Of course, we can blame Three's Company for starting the lock in troupe.

• Love 2

Yup, I worked in a cheap grocery store in a rural area in the 90s. If ever a place was going to ignore the rules about freezer doors, it would have been that one. But that door had so many safety features no one could have screwed it up.

And even if the sandwich shop somehow had an OSHA-violating 50s freezer when our heroes bought it, DJ would have noticed and fixed it. 

(Yes I know I need to bring less logic and more whimsy to this experience.)

• Love 4

I really related to that storyline since every time I enter a walk-in freezer at work (and I have encountered several throughout my time in various places), I am terrified of being locked in and ensure the door is left at least a little bit open while I am in there. Especially when I am there all alone at night!

• Love 2

Aside from the obvious feature of freezers having handles on the inside, I was wondering why it took them so long to break the window. 

Other than that, DJ has a lot of control issues.  If Steph's dinner failed, it was her's to fail.  Or succeed.  DJ needs to suck it up sometimes and let people do their thing. 

• Love 4

I think the biggest problem was that Steph was throwing out family favorites like the cheesy potatoes and her MOTHER'S pumpkin pie. If she would have kept those and then added her's that would have been fine.

• Love 1