Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Something Borrowed

Bort

One week before the wedding, there's big news — and a bachelor party. The brides' search for borrowed items stirs up memories of Steph and DJ's mom.

Airdate: Tuesday, June 2, 2020

This episode had the waterworks going for me. I thought it touching how it engaged with the girls' mom. I thought it was going to end with the little girl and her mother actually being a memory of little Stephanie and her Mom, but maybe they decided that would be too too much for us to handle!

• Love 3

...but for real, was that somehow a ghost of Stephanie and her mother? A memory come to life? Steph and I both have questions! 

I really liked everything with DJ and Stephanie remembering their mom, I thought that all worked really well. In general, as cheesy as this show is (and it revels in that cheese) I did get a bit emotional throughout with all the goodbyes and the chats about how much they all mean to each other. Also nice that we got to see Rocky and Ramona's boyfriend (whos name I dont recall) again before the last episode, and we got some Matt and Steve bro time! "Why do I not have this calendar?" 

Next time I go to an ax throwing bar, I totally calling the person who teaches us the ropes our "axpert." 

Of course we find ourselves again in the Attic of Continuity! 

• Love 5

Why would Steve, who they just reminded us was a wrestler/jock in school, be afraid of being in a fight? I know he is probably not in the same shape, but the idea that he'd never been in a fight did not ring true.

Did they still have all those props from the original show, or did they remake them?

• Love 1

I  have enjoyed the arc of Jackson and Ramona's friendship throughout the series. Of course it was cheesy and sugary and all the things to be expected from the Full House brand... but it was still nice to see how much they wanted the other to have the role in the play more than they wanted it for themselves. Actually, it was a contrast to Michelle's sisters always being required to bow down and give her whatever she demanded in the original series (see the Disney episode, jeez).

And yes, seconding the sentiment that Steve the star high school athlete probably wouldn't be entirely ignorant of fights, even if as an adult he'd rather cook and speak French. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Panopticon said:

I  have enjoyed the arc of Jackson and Ramona's friendship throughout the series. Of course it was cheesy and sugary and all the things to be expected from the Full House brand... but it was still nice to see how much they wanted the other to have the role in the play more than they wanted it for themselves. Actually, it was a contrast to Michelle's sisters always being required to bow down and give her whatever she demanded in the original series (see the Disney episode, jeez).

And yes, seconding the sentiment that Steve the star high school athlete probably wouldn't be entirely ignorant of fights, even if as an adult he'd rather cook and speak French. 

Truth on all of this. Steve would also at least know some simple take down moves, just like they revealed that Danny was in wrestling and baseball in the original series and why he was originally a sports radio host before Wake up. I hate it when writers all of a sudden throw out something to make the characters look stupid when everyone knows: "Wait! They did this, they would at least know how to do that." 

Same with Tommy Jr stay as a kid, and not Michele Jr. 

• Love 3

I could not stop watching Tommy Jr during the end scene when they were all singing at the diner. He's adorable and has a really outgoing personality! That kid is way more charming than the Olsen twins at that age. 

• Love 1

I wonder if the scene between Jackson and Ramona was one of the last they filmed. They seemed more emotional than I would have expected. That scene felt earned based on how their relationship has progressed.

Hey! Dad from Good Luck, Charlie! He's always great in minor roles as bar bullies. And axe-throwing is adjacent to hammer-throwing and he once played Thor, so I feel that's almost a shout-out. 

This is my favorite episode in quite awhile, possibly ever. Well, second to the one where they drunk dial Michelle. They had a nice balance of legitimately funny and heartwarming. 

• Love 2