Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E20: Live Top 11 Eliminations

• Start Topic

Airs November 26, 2019

In the live results show, nine artists will be revealed as safe by America's votes; the bottom two artists will then compete for the instant save and one will be eliminated.

1 hour ago, Quickbeam said:

Geez, how is anyone voting for Kat. I need some ear bleach for that awful performance tonight. How do you whisper BTO? 

OK I'll admit it.  I fast forwarded it.  Even though I usually enjoy Blake's performances I just couldn't listen to it.  How was she not singing for a save?

• Love 5

I was 95% sure Kat would get a pass for two reasons. I'll Fly Away is an old hymn which became something of a contemporary hit thanks to the Allison Kraus and Gillian Welch version from the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. Also, it's hard to get voted of Blake's team before the big elimination week. Especially this season when Blake's already down to just two artists.

Besides, this being the Voice we were due for a PoC to leave at least a couple of weeks before they should have. Peace out, Myracle. Shane Q. gets a twitter reprieve this week, but if he's back in the bottom two next week like I expect....I'm not sure who he could realistically beat head to head. Joana would have the cute teen girl factor over him. Maybe a head to head against Will might be close? But that could be my utter dislike of Will clouding my judgement.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

Geez, how is anyone voting for Kat. I need some ear bleach for that awful performance tonight. How do you whisper BTO? 

That was rough. "Taking Care of Business is not the sort of song Kat can sing with that breathy voice. I was like, what the hell?! It threw the whole song off!  I think that's why Blake gave her such a big hug, He knew that song wasn't in her wheelhouse at all.

I thought Myrcle was better than Shane all around, so I wished she stayed.   

and I am just not a WIll fan, He can go as far as I'm concerned.

I quite enjoyed Gwen's performance. 

• Love 3

Holy cow, was Eve in a cryogenic chamber or something? She looked and sounded exactly as she did when the song first came out. I loved her jumpsuit, her dramatic reveal onstage, her fierce energy.

It was almost enough to distract me from the two parachutes Gwen was wearing. I kinda liked Kelly's Goth Dorothy Gale dress, and I'm enjoying the fun the show's designer is having with Hello Sunday's stagewear. All in all the clothing choices this year have been pretty good.

Myracle should have stayed, but she wasn't long for this competition.

• Love 2

I know they were supposed to be celebrating that one particular album of Gwen's, but how do you bring out Eve and not give us at least a little of Let Me Blow Ya Mind??  Instead, they practically shoved her off the stage the second it was over so they could present Gwen with whatever that was on the big easel.  Eve is incredible, she deserved more fanfare IMO.

And I was so bummed for Myracle.  She deserved to stay.  Will, Kat, Shane...I'd much rather have been rid of any of those three. 

• Love 1

Will we never get rid of Shane?  Though he may have given his best vocal performance of the season, so did Myracle and I thought she was much better.  She shouldn't even have been in the bottom two in the first place.  Not before Kat and Will.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, Quickbeam said:

In all fairness, that was about the worst possible song selection for Kat's voice.  Who is picking these songs anyway?  Taking Care of Business is a great song, but not for that particular trio.  Even Ricky didn't really shine on that one.  It's like they are almost purposefully aiming for garbage performances.

• Love 1