Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Tethics

• Start Topic

6+ years of this, and all Richard has achieved is the choice between being Gavin's bitch or Russ's bitch. 

22 hours ago, BuyMoreAndSave said:

I'm hyped for this Russ Hanneman Fyre Festival subplot. I had a feeling something like that would end up in this season.

I think it was more of a nod to Burning Man than to Fyre. Silicon Valley types *love* Burning Man, I will never understand why.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I think it was more of a nod to Burning Man than to Fyre. Silicon Valley types *love* Burning Man, I will never understand why.

RussFest is definitely a Burning Man rip off which you could tell right away from the video he made - it was very similar to the video for California Love which was shot in Nevada near where Burning Man takes place.

Russ said the festival would be out in the middle of nowhere in Nevada aka where Burning Man is held every year. And hilariously, he said that unlike Burning Man, RussFest would make money (Dr. Dre famously/allegedly said when he stumbled upon Burning Man "someone should get behind this shit and make some loot off these fools"). Of course, that doesn't mean that RussFest won't also devolve into some Fyre Festival level of disaster so we can have the best of both worlds!

dre.jpg.3eff003aa84528846eb6b6bb9b0378e2.jpg

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Did Gavin truly believe in Tethics? Or was this all a con to trap Richard? I'd like to think Gavin sees the long game, but the fact that "Hot Kisses, Cold Ie Cream" was ripped.off and he truly seemed to want that to do well leads me to believe it was all Gavin typical impulsiveness. I only wish he had found some exotic animal for his press conference to represent Tethics.

The Jared vs Walden power struggle was definitely a bore. We'll see if that actually leads somewhere.

• Love 4

I don't get the appeal of Burning Man either, but Hanneman saving the day at the end was entertaining.

Who in their right mind would trust an ethics manifesto written by Gavin Belson?

Another good B story for Monica and Gilfoyle. HR lady is a good addition to the pool of minor characters.

Poor Dinesh. He finally makes it to Hawaii and still gets fucked. That story was a bit lame.

• Love 2

With only two episodes left in the series, it's difficult to stay interested. It feels like the story will just fizzle out and Richard will just remain the hapless loser. Pied Piper has strayed so far afield from Richard's original vision that there is not even an actual product.

• Love 1

Russ might going for Burning Man, but this is so going to end up being Fyre Fest in the desert and I am so here for it!

Yeah Richard, word play is probably not your thing. I mean, a tech pledge run by Gavin freaking Belson?! It is kind of nuts that Gavin still has this massive need to screw Richard and Pied Piper over, even after all of these years. 

The HR lady is a fun addition to the shows reoccurring characters. 

• Love 1

This show needs to end. It’s always the same shit it seems. Something bad happens to Richard and the company and then they are saved by someone they don’t want to be partnered with. Enough already. I will watch til the end tho and thankfully that’s soon lol.