Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E07: Olivia Colman, Helena Bonham Carter, Chadwick Bosema, Richard Ayoade, Niall Horan.

• Start Topic

Together on Graham's sofa tonight: Oscar winner Olivia Colman and Helena Bonham Carter, joining The Crown as the Queen and Princess Margaret respectively; Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, in new action thriller 21 Bridges; and comedian and actor Richard Ayoade, talking about his book Ayoade on Top. With music from Niall Horan, who performs Nice to Meet Ya.

Olivia Coleman and Helena Bonham-Carter were hilarious even when they were engaging in completely private banter. Richard Ayoade really made me wish to go and check out 'the best cabin crew dramedy ever filmed: View From the Top starring Gwyneth Paltrow' LOL!

But nothing had me prepared for the guest not listed: Lady Anne Glenconnor - Princess Margaret's Lady-in-waiting who has just written her memoir. She joins in late but don't switch channels just because you've never heard of her - you're in for a treat. Imagine a posh version of Miriam Margolyes.

Chadwick Boseman did his best - but he never stood a chance. At least he looked thoroughly entertained and like he had a good time. And I will remember that it's 21 and not 17 bridges!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Olivia Colman is such a dotty delight.

The best thing that came out of A View from the Top was a walleyed Mike Myers saying, "You put the emphasis on the wrong syllable," a phrase I use constantly.

Lady Glenconnor was AMAZING.

LOL at everyone talking during the Big Red Chair. It was like herding cats there for a bit.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at everyone talking during the Big Red Chair. It was like herding cats there for a bit.

What got me was that after he told them to hush, the lady-in-waiting kept talking.  I thought it was rude, especially since she was so eager to be on the flipper, which has everything to do with what's being said in the big red chair.

I love the way Helena Bonham-Carter sits.  Especially compared to how erect a lot of women have to sit to keep from flashing various bits.

• Love 2
On 11/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, MissLucas said:

But nothing had me prepared for the guest not listed: Lady Anne Glenconnor - Princess Margaret's Lady-in-waiting who has just written her memoir. She joins in late but don't switch channels just because you've never heard of her - you're in for a treat. Imagine a posh version of Miriam Margolyes.

Graham's reaction when Lady Glenconnor said what she supposed his first question would be was hysterical. You could just see him thinking "forget the prep questions, let's run with this!" She was so fun, I hope she returns soon!

• Love 5