Type keyword(s) to search

The Real - General Discussion

RealHousewife
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Loni's mentioned being arrested and in jail a few times on the show, but she's going into detail about it in her new memoir: https://people.com/tv/the-real-loni-love-was-arrested-over-a-soda-by-a-white-cop-it-taught-me-a-lot/.

I never heard the details before but always knew it must have been something minor. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be. Talk about punishment not fitting the crime. My heart breaks for young Loni and her friend Keisha. 

I hope Black Lives Matter will be like the MeToo movement. Every day there was story after story about sexual assault. Some old, some new. The stories may be painful to hear for those of us who care. Our hearts may break. I hate crying but have been crying a lot watching the news. People who don't care may not want to listen to them period. They're exhausted, feel personally attacked if they're the problem, and have had enough. But the movement made a difference. Although I've read mixed statistics, I personally feel safer since MeToo, and so do all my female friends and even male friends who've had sexual assault. I really hope the US becomes safer for black men and women as a result of BLM, the protests, and the constant news.

• Love 1

If The Real adds a fifth co-host to the show, it should be someone in their 30s. Adrienne is the only current co-host in her 30s, while the other current co-hosts are over the age of 40. By doing that, it adds a little balance to the show. Also, that person should be well-versed when it comes to serious and fluffy topics. There are four choices that comes to mind.
1) Rachel Lindsay- attorney, media personality, blogger and podcast host
2) Eva Marcille- actress, fashion model and TV/radio personality
3) Molly Qerim- sports anchor, First Take moderator and media personality
4) Maria Taylor- sports analyst, host, reporter and television personality

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, LB123 said:

If The Real adds a fifth co-host to the show, it should be someone in their 30s. Adrienne is the only current co-host in her 30s, while the other current co-hosts are over the age of 40. By doing that, it adds a little balance to the show. Also, that person should be well-versed when it comes to serious and fluffy topics. There are four choices that comes to mind.
1) Rachel Lindsay- attorney, media personality, blogger and podcast host
2) Eva Marcille- actress, fashion model and TV/radio personality
3) Molly Qerim- sports anchor, First Take moderator and media personality
4) Maria Taylor- sports analyst, host, reporter and television personality

I am not familiar with the sports anchor and analyst. I love the idea of Rachel Lindsay being on the show. I haven't seen a ton of Eva since Top Model, but she doesn't seem as intelligent or sweet as Rachel imo. I also adore Yvette Nicole Brown.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2

I saw this IG post from Adrienne posted on a gossip site mentioning how she's supposedly lost 20 pounds. There where quite a few people in the replies going on about how ungodly her attire and pose are. While those people were arguing all I could focus on was her leg looking like it had some kind of scratches or some striping going on. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, RealHousewife said:

I am not familiar with the sports anchor and analyst. I love the idea of Rachel Lindsay being on the show. I haven't seen a ton of Eva since Top Model, but she doesn't seem as intelligent or sweet as Rachel imo. I also adore Yvette Nicole Brown.

I don't care for Eva, she has said some colorist comments about darker skinned people and she has also said shady comments about older people.  I don't think that they need a fifth co-host.  They are fine as a quartet, I liked Amanda but she was not a right fit...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't care for Eva, she has said some colorist comments about darker skinned people and she has also said shady comments about older people.  I don't think that they need a fifth co-host.  They are fine as a quartet, I liked Amanda but she was not a right fit...

I thought Eva made some not so nice comments, but I didn't want to be harsh without remembering clearly. Didn't she give dirty looks when they discussed Keanu Reeves' girlfriend? It sounds like she'd ruin the feel good factor of The Real. I'm honestly fine with the four of them too, but I'm not opposed to another co-host if it's one I like. lol

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if the show knew this and that is why they were looking for an additional host who they thought would continue into next season. I know she's had a lot going on personally. I did start to wonder if something else was going on with how many times they said she wasn't feeling well.  She says she's leaving to spend more time with her family. We've all seen a lot of people say that and then pop up elsewhere though.

One of the comments on TV line is claiming that Loni is breaking up the show and got Tamar then Amanda fired. I started to watch the show as regularly as I could before becoming a regular viewer after Tamar had left the building. I would try watching when she was what seemed to be kinda like a moderator and would turn the channel because she annoyed me so much.

The Real: Tamera Mowry Exits as Host After 7 Years

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

I wonder if the show knew this and that is why they were looking for an additional host who they thought would continue into next season. I know she's had a lot go on personally. I did start to wonder if something else was going on with how many times they said she wasn't feeling well.  She says she's leaving to spend more time with her family. We've all seen a lot of people say that and then pop up elsewhere though.

One of the comments on TV line is claiming that Loni is breaking up the show and got Tamar then Amanda fired. I started to watch the show as regularly as I could before becoming a regular viewer after Tamar had left the building. I would try watching when she was what seemed to be kinda like a moderator and would turn the channel because she annoyed me so much.

The Real: Tamera Mowry Exits as Host After 7 Years

Ah, that saddens me. “Spend more time with family” is always code for something else. I wonder why she’s really leaving. 

• Love 5

I wonder if the show is in talks to resume filming and she didn’t want to take on the added stress of travel, quarantine, distance schooling her kids, etc. She seems to really love being a mom and being with her immediate and extended family, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she shifts her focus to the winery and other lifestyle ventures.

• Love 5
On 7/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, Pearson80 said:

Count me in on the "HEEEELL NO!" vote for Eva. She not only has a slick mouth, but she also suffers from selective amnesia. Every other show she'd be saying "I don't remember that!" after stepping in it. 

I'm so bummed Tam's not returning, but I understand that girlfriend's plate is full enough as it is. I really, really hope Yvette Nicole Brown joins the show since the panel needs a more conservative voice to balance it out.

Do you guys think they should hire two replacements or just one? 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Count me in on the "HEEEELL NO!" vote for Eva. She not only has a slick mouth, but she also suffers from selective amnesia. Every other show she'd be saying "I don't remember that!" after stepping in it. 

I'm so bummed Tam's not returning, but I understand that girlfriend's plate is full enough as it is. I really, really hope Yvette Nicole Brown joins the show since the panel needs a more conservative voice to balance it out.

I love Yvette but I don't think that she would be a right fit.. I think they should get somebody younger and I always had a feeling that Tam wanted to do more as an actor.  I think the show gave her a stability when she had her babies and it also reinvigorated her career.  Her children are getting older and I think that she wants to explore her first love for acting.  It would not surprise me if Adrienne is the next to go, especially if she gets pregnant. The show has been renewed for 2 more seasons so it will be interesting to see where they go with the show.. I will miss Tam and I think the ladies got her to explore all of her sides and I know her departure will devastate Loni who is very close to her.. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I’d say one. Two newbies at once is probably too much new imo. 

I will miss Tamara very much, but I’m glad she’s leaving on a happy note. I wish her all the best with her gorgeous family and acting career.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 10:58 PM, Pearson80 said:

I love Yvette but I don't think that she would be a right fit.. I think they should get somebody younger and I always had a feeling that Tam wanted to do more as an actor.  I think the show gave her a stability when she had her babies and it also reinvigorated her career.  Her children are getting older and I think that she wants to explore her first love for acting.  It would not surprise me if Adrienne is the next to go, especially if she gets pregnant. The show has been renewed for 2 more seasons so it will be interesting to see where they go with the show.. I will miss Tam and I think the ladies got her to explore all of her sides and I know her departure will devastate Loni who is very close to her.. 

That's a good point about needing a younger co-host. I'm drawing a blank on who I think would be the best choice in that demographic at the moment. 🤔

On 7/14/2020 at 11:43 PM, RealHousewife said:

I’d say one. Two newbies at once is probably too much new imo. 

I will miss Tamara very much, but I’m glad she’s leaving on a happy note. I wish her all the best with her gorgeous family and acting career.

Same here. I hate she's not getting a proper send-off, but it can't be helped now.

I was shocked when I heard about Tamar's alleged suicide attempt this morning and I just found an article about a distressing tweet she sent the family before her hospitalization: https://popculture.com/celebrity/news/tamar-braxton-reportedly-sent-alleged-suicide-note-family/. I wish her all the best in her recovery. 😥

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m incredibly shocked and saddened as well. I pray for Tamar. My heart broke reading about the pain she felt.  Goes to show no matter how strong someone appears, you never know what’s going on. 😞

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I’m incredibly shocked and saddened as well. I pray for Tamar. My heart broke reading about the pain she felt.  Goes to show no matter how strong someone appears, you never know what’s going on. 😞

I always suspected that her bravado masked a lot of underlying sadness and insecurity. Especially after watching the family on Inyanla, fix my life. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

• Love 3

Those scratches on Adrienne’s leg look like her skin was dry and she scratched. She should have moisturized.  
Eva was nasty when she appeared on her season of America’s Next Top Model. She was horrible to people! I guess the years and motherhood haven’t changed her. 

• Useful 2
On 7/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, topanga said:

I always suspected that her bravado masked a lot of underlying sadness and insecurity. Especially after watching the family on Inyanla, fix my life. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

Exactly, which is very common. I remember feeling terrible when Tamar talked about an abusive ex who put her down. It was the first time I remember seeing her vulnerable. The rest of the ladies on The Real are very comfortable opening up and crying. I absolutely think Tamar tried to come across as tough much of the time to hide all her pain. 

On 7/21/2020 at 7:25 AM, zenme said:

Those scratches on Adrienne’s leg look like her skin was dry and she scratched. She should have moisturized.  
Eva was nasty when she appeared on her season of America’s Next Top Model. She was horrible to people! I guess the years and motherhood haven’t changed her. 

Some people mature and become better people once they have kids. But many are the exact same (sometimes even worse). Motherhood is no guarantee a woman will have kindness, compassion, be nurturing, etc. Loni seems so full of heart and more nurturing than many mothers out there imo. 

• Love 2

Today was the season 7 debut with Garcelle. It was okay. They're still broadcasting from home for safety, so the group doesn't feel cohesive yet. But that's not the hosts' fault. And their chemistry will improve. 

And I really miss Tamera's energy and sincerity. I like that Loni addressed Tamera's and Amanda's departures and wished them well. Unlike some shows that pretend like old hosts never existed. 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, topanga said:

Today was the season 7 debut with Garcelle. It was okay. They're still broadcasting from home for safety, so the group doesn't feel cohesive yet. But that's not the hosts' fault. And their chemistry will improve. 

And I really miss Tamera's energy and sincerity. I like that Loni addressed Tamera's and Amanda's departures and wished them well. Unlike some shows that pretend like old hosts never existed. 

I loved Garcelle on Hollywood Today Live and she'll fit right in on The Real too, but I missed Tam as well. I know they couldn't help it, but I wish she'd been given a proper send-off. 

Amanda Seales had something to say about the show today: https://www.eonline.com/de/news/1190468/why-amanda-seales-is-calling-the-real-the-f-out-on-its-season-premiere.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, topanga said:

I like that Loni addressed Tamera's and Amanda's departures and wished them well. Unlike some shows that pretend like old hosts never existed. 

I don't know what show you could possibly be talking about....

Excuse Me What GIF by Talk Stoop

talk show family GIF by Hallmark Channel

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I adore Garcelle! I'm so excited she's on the show. 🙂 I enjoyed the episode, but my recording stopped mid-show. This happens to me sometimes. Very frustrating. 

I do miss Tamera. She's got a beautiful life though, and I understand her first love is acting. Those who are passionate about the craft need more than just a Hollywood paycheck.

Not sure what to think about Amanda... 

• Love 2

Garcelle is fitting right on in with the ladies and I'm glad they're devoting more time during Girl Chat for talk about the election. We can have fun, but we've got some serious issues to discuss too.

• Love 2
On 10/1/2020 at 6:24 PM, rmcrae said:

Garcelle is fitting right on in with the ladies and I'm glad they're devoting more time during Girl Chat for talk about the election. We can have fun, but we've got some serious issues to discuss too.

I'm really enjoying Garcelle! She's kind without being fake and scared to have an opinion. I never get over her gorgeousness either.

Speaking about superficial stuff, Jeannie's skin is FLAWLESS. I knew she was a very young looking 41, but when they do closeups of her on DWTS, I see no lines or pores. She has better skin than women in their 20's do. Has she mentioned any skin care secrets on the show? Botox and filler oftentimes make women look worse. Jeannie looks totally natural to me, but at the same time, too good for it to be pure genetics. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Anyone else still watching? I'm catching up on episodes and really enjoying Garcelle. I find her more likable all the prior hosts. 

I guess I'm tired of the Zoom episodes. The interaction just isn't the same. That's true of all of the fallout from this pandemic. And I miss Tamera. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, falltime said:

It's a bummer she won't return, but I'm relieved Jeannie is okay.

Speaking of Jeannie, I really hope she remains on The Real. I watched some old clips, and some of the other ladies could be very snappy toward her. Jeannie's always been consistently respectful when sharing her opinions. And I'm not just talking Tamar and Amanda, even Sister Sister has her moments when she gave Jeannie major attitude. I'm appreciating polite people more than ever nowadays. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It's a bummer she won't return, but I'm relieved Jeannie is okay.

Speaking of Jeannie, I really hope she remains on The Real. I watched some old clips, and some of the other ladies could be very snappy toward her. Jeannie's always been consistently respectful when sharing her opinions. And I'm not just talking Tamar and Amanda, even Sister Sister has her moments when she gave Jeannie major attitude. I'm appreciating polite people more than ever nowadays. 

I agree, although I'm surprised that Tamera was ever snippy with her. Jeannie seems like one of those confident, genuinely happy people that others are sometimes rude to because they think, "they can take it." Which isn't fair--and it isn't even true necessarily. Just because Jeannie doesn't cry or become defensive after every attack, that doesn't mean she's not hurt or otherwise affected. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, topanga said:

I agree, although I'm surprised that Tamera was ever snippy with her. Jeannie seems like one of those confident, genuinely happy people that others are sometimes rude to because they think, "they can take it." Which isn't fair--and it isn't even true necessarily. Just because Jeannie doesn't cry or become defensive after every attack, that doesn't mean she's not hurt or otherwise affected. 

Yeah Tamera is generally nice, but she had her moments. I came across this not too long ago The title isn't fair to Tamara. It says "homophobic rant," but I was like wow she sure got snappy over Jeannie politely asking to let her finish speaking. 

You hit the nail on the head that sometimes people think you can take it if you're not outwardly emotional. After seeing this video, I saw a another where Amanda was very rude to Jeannie too. I was more of a Tamara fan than Amanda fan, but I was surprised to see some of the rude moments because I watch the show fairly consistently and didn't recall them. If we had to lose hosts, I'm glad Jeannie, Adrienne, and Loni are the three originals left. 

• Love 3

Garcelle is exactly what the show needed..fun, but can get serious about a wide variety of topics.

Amanda seemed passionate and smart, but she wasn't likable at all..and not a fit for an ensemble format (Meghan McCain should follow her lead and vacate the view).

• Love 2

The local channel The Real airs on where I am is a day behind in episodes since Zeta hit. This happened a few years ago with a different talk show when there was no natural disaster that could have caused it. I emailed the station engineer and was told that they were receiving damaged episodes of that show or something. He then told me things should be back to normal in a week.

Well a week and a half went by then I emailed him again getting no response so I looked up the contact info of the company that owned them so I could hopefully reach someone there. I did reach someone who was quite perplexed at the excuse I had been given by that engineer especially after I told her how long everything had been going on. I got a voicemail from the guy who wasn't happy but the issue was fixed by the beginning of the next week.

That guy is still there and I'm hoping he doesn't remember me from when I complained about something like this previously. It's really annoying though especially when people who's job it is to fix stuff like this don't care. I guess if he doesn't respond to me I'll just go up the ladder over his head again. I'm just annoyed at being a day behind.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 4:36 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Garcelle is exactly what the show needed..fun, but can get serious about a wide variety of topics.

Amanda seemed passionate and smart, but she wasn't likable at all..and not a fit for an ensemble format (Meghan McCain should follow her lead and vacate the view).

Yeah Garcelle expresses her opinions without being harsh. She's very likable. Beautiful lady, inside and out. 

Amanda is that smart passionate person who you want to talk to because of her knowledge but are scared of saying one thing wrong. Meghan is just abrasive and not likable. Unlike Amanda I don't think I can learn anything from her either. I too wish she'd leave. My dream is for YNB to join The View. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2021 at 11:11 PM, RealHousewife said:

Thought I responded awhile back! It was good to see her.

I am still really enjoying Garcelle. 

Same here. I don't mind the guest hosts they've had filling in for her while she's shooting Housewives, but I miss her when she's not on. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Were they live this week? I was looking forward to hearing their thoughts on the Harry and Meghan interview and they never talked about it.

I'm one week behind, but glad I'm not the only one still watching! I'm sure they'll talk about it. Loni is 10% British after all! 😃I'll probably binge watch the episodes soon. 🙂

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm one week behind, but glad I'm not the only one still watching! I'm sure they'll talk about it. Loni is 10% British after all! 😃I'll probably binge watch the episodes soon. 🙂

How could I forget Loni being 10% British? She's practically royalty! LOL. 

I can't remember where I read it, but Loni did an interview saying she'd like to see Keke Palmer as the fifth co-host. I think Keke just got another job so she can't do it, but what do you think about hiring a fifth host? I think the current four are fine on their own personally. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/14/2021 at 4:58 PM, rmcrae said:

I can't remember where I read it, but Loni did an interview saying she'd like to see Keke Palmer as the fifth co-host. I think Keke just got another job so she can't do it, but what do you think about hiring a fifth host? I think the current four are fine on their own personally. 

I love Keke, but she is a lot. I think she would bring energy, but too much, perhaps?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, topanga said:

I love Keke, but she is a lot. I think she would bring energy, but too much, perhaps?

Who would you like to see as a fifth co-host, @topanga? Or do you think they should leave the panel at four? 

On 3/14/2021 at 3:58 PM, rmcrae said:

LOL my thoughts exactly! I'm surprised they never discussed Meghan and Harry interview. 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, rmcrae said:

Who would you like to see as a fifth co-host, @topanga? Or do you think they should leave the panel at four? 

I'll chime in and say for me it's quality over quantity. I like all four ladies and the feel-good vibe of the show. If we get a fifth host who's nice and fun, that would be great. 

I heard Jeannie and Jeezy applied for a marriage license. Happy for them!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

LOL my thoughts exactly! I'm surprised they never discussed Meghan and Harry interview. 

I'll chime in and say for me it's quality over quantity. I like all four ladies and the feel-good vibe of the show. If we get a fifth host who's nice and fun, that would be great. 

I heard Jeannie and Jeezy applied for a marriage license. Happy for them!

It makes me wonder how far in advance they've taped episodes. The topics aren't all that bad, but I hope they'll be live again after Easter. 

Ditto on keeping the four co-hosts and congrats to Jeannie and Jeezy! 😁

• Love 1