Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: FWASH-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

paulvdb

The Daybreakers acted so dumbfounded when Sam took the throne, but we haven't really seen anything to indicate she'd be an Evil Leader.   Maybe in Josh's case its just because she rejected him (not that I necessarily blame her).   I'm more curious about Turbo;  his underlying motivation was to protect the kids (if his internal monologues are to be believed), but he was also responsible for killing many.  Curious how he comes back from that / how is he forgiven?  Although everyone seemed to be OK forgiving Principal Burr for, you know, eating them.

Edited by jcin617
  • Love 2

Yeah, I was never particularly invested in the idea that Josh was The Chosen One Who Everybody Should Follow Just Because He's The Star of the Show. From the ominous music, I guess I'm supposed to be terrified that a female wants to take power, but she seems to be a lot more competent at politics than Josh is, and since when does he even want the gig?

• Love 1

I finished the whole series took about 10 days they were easy to watch no heavy thinking lol.

I did not actually buy the love story of Sam and Josh so I am fine with the ending.  Put him with KJ or the girl he was doing sign language with. Even before Principal Burr told her the video she made was self satisfying I had thought the same thing. Her going around telling everyone how wonderful they were always seemed more about her then the people.  Maybe she honestly didn't start out for it to be that way but that is what happened. She was like I have a million followers lol. We may see more of her journey in S2 and what happened in those 6 months. When she arrived at the mall you could see she didn't like that the others were listening to KJ. 

I am glad Wesley, Josh, and Angelica reunited at the end. They are a fun and weird together. I like the bond between Angelica and Ms.Grumble. I hope she doesn't end up like Burr. She has not eaten a human yet so maybe she will be okay. 

Turbo was weird lol. I can't figure him out yet. Interesting he is one of the only people burned. 

Josh was okay not the worse just a bit bland. 

This was okay not the best horror Zombie show which I am a bit tired of.  Some good characters and moments were sprinkled in though. 

What a wonderful show. Very self-conscious, but doesn‘t take itself too seriously. Full of plotholes, but they don‘t really matter.  Very meta, but set design is more important in that regard than plot. 🙂 This universe doesn‘t have to make sense in itself, it‘s just a good story that makes you think. And that‘s good enough for me. 

I loved all the 80s throwbacks. Enjoyed the music (especially the 80s throwback music). Eli was a fun and interesting character. I enjoyed the Wesley & Turbo relationship. I loved meeting Turbo's dad. Matthew Broderick killed; loved the irony that he went from the coolest highschooler ever to the straight-laced, "rule-following" principal. Angelica wins at everything but I can't help but think of her as the little girl in the movie Blended. All of the supporting characters were great, but...

Josh was kind of boring. I guess that's why no one knew who he was. He wasn't tennis Josh, little Josh with the big truck, gay Josh OR other gay Josh... (another running gag that never failed to make me chuckle). But seriously, I would've preferred someone with a little more something. Overall, it was an interesting and enjoyable ride.

• Useful 1

I binge watched this in one day. I'm surprised it didn't do better, I guess people are over the zombie thing, Idk. I really liked it and I'm bummed we won't get more. 

I didn't care about the love story of Josh and Sam but then I never am much interested in romance stuff. I do wonder why it would be seen as a bad thing that Sam took control in the end. People do seem to need a leader and I didn't really see anything that would make her seem to be a bad one. 

Ms. Crumble stole the whole show. Loved her. When she showed up at the end like, what are we looking at, I died. I was expecting it, but still so funny.

I enjoyed this. I felt the whole point of the last arc was that Josh never really knew Sam and that she was an actual person with her own issues, so it was a surprising plot twist when she took the throne, but I didn't feel it was against character.  

On 11/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, ShadowHunter said:

Turbo was weird lol. I can't figure him out yet. Interesting he is one of the only people burned. 

I was sure for the longest time that the story was going to be Wesley burned him, probably accidentally, in trying to leave his old life.