Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: When the Levee Breaks

Not bad, kind of a trope-fest with the plucky-smart-preteen-heroine-takes-on-government-neglect-and-saves-her-neighborhood case.  

And Della (Jayne Atkinson) can ditch the fake Southern accent.  It doesn't fit her, and it's not done well.  The standard, generic non-accent she usually does is just fine.  Not everybody in Southern towns has the local accent!

And I HATE when writers do the stupid thing where somebody throws out perfectly good food because of a tiny mistake.  Jimmy's character dumps a perfectly fine pan of eggs (looked like he was going for a Denver omelet) in the trash because it looked like he tried to flip it too soon, before the eggs were set.  Just scramble the ^$#@%!* things and eat them!  

Otherwise, I'm still liking it.  *LOL*  Really, I am!

Edited by leighdear
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

It wasn't that he was hungry and anything would do---he was trying to make a special omelet that his wife used to make and couldn't get it right. It wasn't really about the food (although I do agree that he flipped it way too soon).

• Love 3

I can go with the tv necessity of going from client interview straight to trial. However, when they further compound this by making discovery occur on the stand it makes me crazy. All the revelations that happened during trial would have happened during depositions. Frankly it would have served the story just as well to have shown discovery rather than a trial. The only thing that would have to be changed would be that the feisty girl couldn’t make a speech before a jury.

• Love 1

This show is terrible, and I don't know why I've watched it through the 5th episode.  All of the multiple defendants should have shown up in Discovery, and the girl would have been in high school before the issue was brought to trial.  Also, are you allowed to sue the federal government (or an agency of the federal government) in state court?  Finally, why is an estate planning attorney providing legal services in exchange for a (literal) song, and why is she taking on a copyright issue?  

I know that TV shows have to take liberties with legal disputes, but shouldn't they have a consultant on staff to give some sense of reality?

I'm out.

• Love 1

It's Erica! (Stranger Things fans know).

I feel like I should be out too, but this show has just enough charm to keep me watching, for now. The cast is pretty and pretty likable, and I enjoy their interactions. I'm a fan of Barry Sloane's from his stint as Zach on Longmire.

This Yankee knows very little about Memphis but it looks like a cool place. I like that the flavor of the city seems to come through in each episode. I'm still in.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

It's Erica! (Stranger Things fans know).

I feel like I should be out too, but this show has just enough charm to keep me watching, for now. The cast is pretty and pretty likable, and I enjoy their interactions. I'm a fan of Barry Sloane's from his stint as Zach on Longmire.

This Yankee knows very little about Memphis but it looks like a cool place. I like that the flavor of the city seems to come through in each episode. I'm still in.

I agree, this show does make me want to visit Memphis.

• Love 3
On 10/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, leighdear said:

And I HATE when writers do the stupid thing where somebody throws out perfectly good food because of a tiny mistake.  Jimmy's character dumps a perfectly fine pan of eggs (looked like he was going for a Denver omelet) in the trash because it looked like he tried to flip it too soon, before the eggs were set.  Just scramble the ^$#@%!* things and eat them!  

Ditto on the eggs!  For some reason, that really annoyed me that he was dumping all that food in the trash.  Maybe I was just hungry, lol.

On 10/22/2019 at 1:28 PM, Ohwell said:

I would happily make Jimmy Smits any kind of omelet he wanted!

You and me both!  ❤️

• LOL 1
  • Love 3