Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: A ʻohe pau ka ʻike I ka hālau hoʻokahi (All Knowledge Is Not Learned in Just One School)

• Start Topic

McGarrett and the team investigate when a deadly hit-and-run involves a driverless car carrying heroin, and what could be a new means for delivering drugs. Also, Tani and Quinn are stuck with a pair of YouTubers (comedy duo Tom Allen and John Parr), who are brought on a ride-along with Five-0.

Original Airdate: November 1, 2019

SOURCE: https://cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/hawaii-five-0/releases/view?id=53755

Although I found the episode amusing overall, I think I lost a couple of IQ points watching it.

I was surprised they called the one kid "skeet". Pretty adult joke for this show.

"Dr. Greenthumb" by Cypress Hill was a weird musical choice for the apartment interview scenes.

I would not advertise for HPD by tying them to 5-0.

• Love 2

Hmm, I guess it had its moment. It made me laugh and feel -almost- sorry for millennials.  I loved the little doodles and the sound effects in noisy neighbor's apartment whenever she got in and out of her plastic covered chair. Nice attention to detail there - also making sure the 'team' was split up according to their fashion choices (animal prints and color combo).

As for the more serious B-plot. I hope Lou deputized the computer wunderkind before she sent various KITTs on a rampage to inflict mayhem on the bad guys. I mean it's Five-0 but in the real world the lawyers might have a field day with that one.

No Eddie!

Edited by MissLucas

I like the show but the computer generated graphics of  car crash this week, and  airplane crash (a few weeks ago) were phony as hell.  Almost as bad as that episode when Jack Lord visited Steve in the church a few years ago.

I give it an 8/10. Except for those annoying Youtube guys, love Tani and Quinn together

The C.G.I. on the car thing as maybe the producers were afraid of it going real and endangering the public. But it was original IMHO.

Nice to see Danny not being a jerk as usually that belongs to Steve. He got to drive his car but for once wished he would drive it with Steve in it with him,

Not a good look saddling the youtube morons with the women imo. I find it a little OOC that Quinn wouldn't just either smack them up or ditch them.

The best thing about the addition of Katrina Law has been her character's relationship with Tani. I don't think the TPTBs actually realize this.

• Love 3

Yeah, a little too campy for me with these geeky YouTubers.

One thing I can't find the answer to- when they came upon the dead body and one of the geeks wanted to take a selfie with the body, he said something like "Can I take a picture in the BG?"  What does BG mean?

Pretty funny that the coder was typing furiously on the keyboard while the car was moving back and forth taking out guys.  Only a little later did we see her using the track pad to steer the car.

Loved the KITT reference.  One of my favorite shows growing up.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, greyhorse said:

One thing I can't find the answer to- when they came upon the dead body and one of the geeks wanted to take a selfie with the body, he said something like "Can I take a picture in the BG?"  What does BG mean?

Background. They wanted to take a selfie with a dead body in the background because they've never heard of Logan Paul.

• Like 1