Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Familia

doLLish
  • Start Topic

After a botched carjacking turns out to be something much bigger, Voight's unit goes toe-to-toe with a smart drug kingpin who only works with women; new recruit Vanessa Rojas struggles with the transition from under cover to intelligence.

There is something really off about this season....the episodes are boring and they just drag on and on. It's predictable and monotonous and even the actors look like they are phoning it in most of the time.

Antonio's throw away 'closure' was as pathetic as I expected from Eid. Burgess and Ruzek seemed to be the only two that cared. 

Upton continues to be intolerable....her storming into Voight's office to demand to work with Halstead because she trusts him deserved a Voight slap...hey sweetie how about you trust everyone you work with. No one else seems to have a problem switching things up, I mean we know you don't trust or even like Ruzek, you think Burgess is beneath you. Even pretty boy Halstead gets it...but no you throw your little tantrum.

Poor Rojas having to work and live with her. I feel sorry for her tbh.

I had to laugh when she went back to the cafe with her sunglasses on & took them off to reveal her mascara had run....seriously if that was supposed to look like a black eye, then I come home from a night out looking like I've been punched in the face.

You know what would have been nice, perhaps Burgess talking to her about being a rookie in Intelligence...but that would be giving her something to do other than worry about where Antonio is & take away the spotlight from The chosen One.

Edited by Guildford
Just spelling
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

It spent all of its time trying to build up Rojas at the expense of the other characters.  Including the ridiculousness of having Rojas chasing down two bad guys on foot while they are driving off.   A magical truck pulls out causing the escapes to stop.  One bad guy runs for it and gets impaled, the other drives off.  

That's twice in two weeks she's jumped out in front of a car, we get it, she's 'badass'. No need to beat us over the head with it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She could have easily shot the tires out of the stopped car so it wouldn't get away.   Something that has been done for years on other cop shows, but evidently never happens on any of the Dick Wolf programs.

They also never show how if  a LEO fires their gun... in Chicago, you go on 30 days desk duty too while it's being investigated.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

The lame way they wrote off Antonio was flat out embarrassing.

I wrote this on 9/27 in the season opener:

but he could have gone to P.R. to visit/live with his sister.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I like Rojas. A lot. I’m also a big fan of the actress so I hope she flourishes in this role.

Upton remains insufferable. What are the chances she gets the infection that next week’s crossover is based on?

I thought the episode was actually really good, I loved the female crime boss taking advantage of vulnerable women storyline even though I called it as soon as her character appeared on screen.

I will miss Antonio but they broke down and ruined his character so badly over time that I’m really not sorry to see him go. 

• Love 4

I often don't remember things from this show, but when did Kevin become a Detective?  Platt clearly addressed him as such when he walked off with Rojas in the beginning.  Is this the show telling us he took the exam and passed?  I don't really have a problem with him achieving that rank before Ruzek or Kim, who are both pretty questionable themselves.  Although on the chalkboard with the call signs, Atwater was still listed as PO along with Ruzek and Kim.  I guess Kim updated the board with his new rank while she was rubbing salt in her wound of erasing Dawson's name.

Also, set production spelled Halstead's name "Halsted" on that board.  The upper right-hand corner said "Furlo Request."  I'm not sure if that's acceptable shorthand in some parts, or set production also does not know it's spelled furlough.

But even with limited screen time/lines and a misspelled name, Halstead was still treated 1000x better than Antonio in this episode.

Rojas says she'll get Platt to lighten up after meeting her that first time.  Um, I get that Rojas comes in very cocky, but who does she think she is?  Erin Lindsay?  Lindsay's the only one Platt has ever openly liked (besides Voight and Olinsky) in normal, everyday circumstances.

And no, Rojas, no one is waiting for you to make an introductory speech.

• Love 4

Rojas is arrogant and annoying. I'm not a big fan of Trudy but I love how she shut down her little PC rant at the start. 

I recall a time when this show was kind of dark, they investigated really nasty criminals and crimes. This episode was boring and felt too simple and rushed. Maybe I lost interest too many times.

Antonio leaving seemed to be a side thing if that. But then on shows like this all the characters tend to be replaceable.

• Love 3
On 10/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, Guildford said:

That's twice in two weeks she's jumped out in front of a car, we get it, she's 'badass'. No need to beat us over the head with it.

She seems to be a copy of the new guy over at Chicago Fire. An impulsive risk taker who strays from procedure because she thinks she knows better. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Forsaken said:

She seems to be a copy of the new guy over at Chicago Fire. An impulsive risk taker who strays from procedure because she thinks she knows better. 

And I am sure as I am standing she'll start acting all superior like her house mate, turn up looking like something the cat dragged in and running around with her conceited little smirk on her face. 

• Love 4
On 10/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, doLLish said:

I like Rojas. A lot. I’m also a big fan of the actress so I hope she flourishes in this role.

Upton remains insufferable. What are the chances she gets the infection that next week’s crossover is based on?

I thought the episode was actually really good, I loved the female crime boss taking advantage of vulnerable women storyline even though I called it as soon as her character appeared on screen.

I will miss Antonio but they broke down and ruined his character so badly over time that I’m really not sorry to see him go. 

Upton is gonna get itand they gonna use that to feed Upstead shippers SIGH RME BARF 

• Love 1
On 10/15/2019 at 7:37 AM, Josh371982 said:

Upton is gonna get itand they gonna use that to feed Upstead shippers SIGH RME BARF 

I got so excited when I saw the preview and that my wish had come true only for you to smack me right back to reality 😭

• LOL 1

Soo I decided to start watching CPD again... it feels like a whole different show and soon they will replace all original characters it seems.

I’m not trying to be rude and I’m glad that they’re going for at least some representation, even if it’s forced. I’m not sure if they’re doing it on purpose, but did they seriously bring in a latina actress to replace the previous latino actor? I don’t know it feels a bit icky in a way, like they’re just trying to fill a quota instead of genuinely hiring for talent and writing real characters. They could’ve brought in a poc for Hayley’s character but they didn’t, they had to wait for one of the two poc already on the show to leave?