Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Wham Bam Thank You FAM

• Start Topic

Cody has his loyalty to Obie but I see and believe he doesn't want Krystal to get killed so he is really stuck.   I think Krystal should try and be nicer to him that seems the smart thing to do but well it was stupid of her to take the kid. She is not always a genius lol.

This episode was more of the weird comedy the show started to be but still depressing moments with Ernie.  I feel bad for his kid. 

I love the Repo Lady she speaks the truth. I was thrilled when she told Krystal she wasn't helping or trying to do the right thing because Fam are bad people.  It is true.   Damn Krystal can be so dismissive of people. I'm so sorry Mirta telling you about her rehab was so annoying. 

For me I feel like this was a show to binge. I already feel the last few episodes started to drag it's feet.  A few people have mentioned this would have worked better as a miniseries and I agree. 12 episodes and done. How is all if this being wrapped up next episode? 

• Love 4

The whole telethon was a bore to me. The only interesting thing to come of that was Obie's naked spray tan.

Ha, I loved Roger walking around in a tuxedo but still without any shoes.

I also loved that the argument Krystal used to win Rhonda over was that Harmony won't let her daughter listen to En Vogue (and hilarious that her name is Melody!).

Poor Bets.

• Love 4

Poor Bets. This kid just sees FAM as a ton of fun that makes his father happy. He does not know what is going and Bets can not tell him anything without making her husband look like a complete fool.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

How is all if this being wrapped up next episode? 

It's not. They renewed it for another season. 😞

This series really should have been a one-and-done. While the idea behind it is a good one the execution is lacking. The last few episodes have just draaaaaagged. 

Krystal just straight up kidnapped that kid. I mean, yeah it was from a cult, but still, you cant just do that Krystal! 

Of course Obie would think that the best toy to give a bunch of little orphan kids is a big box of plastic guns, and his way of talking about them is ranting about killing any child molester that touched the kids, without any context or reason. While being oiled up naked. What the fuck even is this guy? 

Cody might be fanatically loyal to Obie, but he also still cares about Krystal and is trying to look out for her and find reasons that she might not be betraying his beloved FAM. The gun is probably going to end up belonging to a certain Mr. Chekhov pretty soon.

Ernie and his family is just so sad, its killing me to see this happy family falling apart because of this scam/cult and it stepping in to fill a hole that Ernie had that he didnt know how to deal with. 

I love how Krystal won Rhonda over to helping them. Brainwashing, stealing and breaking apart families? Yeah thats bad but what can you do...they wont let a little girl listen to En Vogue!?! These monsters must be stopped for the good for all of humanity!

• Love 2

Does anyone understand the workings of FAM? I thought Obie was the founder, and then Buck was the guy who ran another MLM system. That's why Obie has all those tapes and such, because he created the whole thing. 

But now he and Buck seem to be part of the same organization with different territories. Is there someone who is their upline? 

Not a bad episode, though I think they're going too far with Ernie. I can see him wanting something to hold onto, but he's getting in too deep too fast. Maybe that's the way these things tend to work, but it's all moving too quickly. 

• Love 2
On 10/18/2019 at 3:56 PM, whiporee said:

Does anyone understand the workings of FAM? I thought Obie was the founder, and then Buck was the guy who ran another MLM system. That's why Obie has all those tapes and such, because he created the whole thing. 

But now he and Buck seem to be part of the same organization with different territories. Is there someone who is their upline? 

Not a bad episode, though I think they're going too far with Ernie. I can see him wanting something to hold onto, but he's getting in too deep too fast. Maybe that's the way these things tend to work, but it's all moving too quickly. 

Well, if it's based off of Amway, then when people get big enough (like...Crown Diamond, or even Double Diamond-ish, if they are charismatic enough), they can break off (sorta) from their upline and form their own organization. It's still through Amway, but the organization is what puts out the tapes and the conferences and stuff. Amway provides the business and the products, and your "organization" is what provides the mentorship and self-help part.

I've never heard of them having geographic territories, though. It's based on who sponsored you, and that has nothing to do with geography.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1