Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: 2 MG CU BID

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Paloma said:

I'm intrigued by the revelation about Piper and hope we will soon find out more about how and why she was "made" and how she escaped. Although I'm interested in the sci-fi aspects, I'm even more interested in the human aspects of the story--for example, aside from her memory loss and nightmares or hallucinations, she mostly behaves as a normal child would. She is sweet and affectionate with those she trusts, she knows how to write and draw, she seems to "get" humor in conversation, etc. That suggests that she was raised at least to some extent as a normal child, even if testing was a regular part of her life. But who knows--maybe all of her knowledge and behavior were implanted using memories of another child? Either way, this is reminding me of A.I., which for me was one of the saddest movies ever. I hope Piper has a happier ending. 

When Piper first met Police Chief Jo and hugged her, I recall it seeming unnatural --and that we were supposed to see it as unnatural. 
So I think Piper might be programmed. 
Likely this is a variation on Pinocchio with the AI girl becoming a real girl.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

The rapid aging storylines are really creepy to me, because they don't seem to lay the groundwork establishing that the mind and emotions have also aged. Which is completely icky to me.

No worries, it's fun, besides I had forgotten they were veloceraptors. 😀

Watched the 80s shows too, but loved the BSG reboot. I liked the tension of knowing there were human like models. Different strokes, as they say.

I loved the BSG reboot. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

When Piper first met Police Chief Jo and hugged her, I recall it seeming unnatural --and that we were supposed to see it as unnatural. 
So I think Piper might be programmed. 

I noticed that, too, and it reminded me of a Russian series that we recently watched on Netflix, Better Than Us--very different style than Emergence, but touching on similar topics. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, Anela said:

The blonde little girl who was born to the teenage girl Robin. In the TV series, she went into a cocoon and emerged a young woman (the usual age of 18-21, so that she could fall in love, and the guy she fell in love with was a man her mother was interested in, I think). I can't believe I remember that, but I was obsessed in my early teens. 

I own the TV series on DVD and yep you're right she fell in love in a guy her mother was into. The thing was squicky but it can happen when you're still young and your half alien child is magically your age overnight lol

• LOL 3