Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Hunting Season

• Start Topic

When Arthur is faced with a choir rebellion, he decides -- against Ginny's advice -- to take on Adams, the group's alpha, at their annual deer hunting trip; Wayne takes Cash on his first hunting trip to teach him how to be a man.

Airing Thursday, October 17, 2019.

I'm really liking this show so far. I come from a hunting family so everything closing down got a big laugh from me. I live in a big city, so that doesn't happen but it was funny.

Line of the night: "He'll go into those woods a boy and come out a man. Just like Mulan."

• Love 4

I like that we get to spend more time with the cast, I want to know more about everyone.

The episode was funny and I'm enjoying the show so far. I wish it had more music though. I guess they dont wanna go all in as "musical". I realy liked the Glorious cover on episode two.

Looking foward for more.

This was definitely my favorite episode so far - "Blugrass Bitch," the cute truffle hunting dog, Dwayne and Wayne hugging it out and not being embarrassed when Ginny and Adams see them. This show makes me want to move to a small town (though I've spent most of my life in Chicago, so I don't know how well that would go).

Edited by MerBearStare
  • Love 3

The cute little dog starring at Dwayne and Wayne hugging was both really cute and really funny, which is kind of this show in a nutshell. Its funny but also very warm and heartfelt. 

The whole town shutting down for hunting season was so hilariously on point, and if Bluegrass Bitch isnt already on a tee-shirt or a baseball cap, it better be on one now!

• Love 1

My niece recommended this show as I am going through withdrawal over my fav TV show "Schitt's Creek" ending next spring. I am really enjoying it, and the actor who plays Reverend Jax is also in Schitt's Creek. I was born and raised in a small town (though haven't lived in one since I was in my early 20s). I find the show to be pretty true to life regarding life in a small town.

I was hesitant to watch this epi (which was my first, then I watched the first three after) because of the main subject. But it was also true to life about hunting in a small town (though ours didn't close schools - lol). My grandfather was a hunter, and he took my dad hunting at the age of 10. My grandfather killed a deer, and had my dad and uncle pose beside it for a picture. My dad then told my grandfather that he would never go hunting again. And he never did. That carried down to my brothers, who also have never hunted. So I loved that Cash decided he would rather hunt for truffles than deer. 

• Love 3
On 10/19/2019 at 2:06 PM, chitowngirl said:

Schools in my neck of PA close for the first day of hunting season, which is the Monday after Thanksgiving. It was easier to plan for a long weekend than have more than 1/2 of the kids (and probably teachers) absent.

Eastern PA here!  My husband was born (a smidge early) on the first day of deer season, and his dad (who had been assured the baby had a few more days to cook) missed the birth because there were no cell phones back in the day!  He was thisclose to being called "Bucky."  Dodged a bullet on that one (see what I did there?).

• LOL 4

Rizwan Manji and Geno Segers are the standouts of the show for me. I hope they find something good when this show is inevitably cancelled.

I've liked Tymberlee Hill in other things but she's so one-note here.

"I think of you more as an angry Wolf Blitzer" did make me laugh.

"Don't make God angry or he'll throw a cow at you." XD

I got some more chuckles than usual out of this episode. There's something good in there buried under the dreck.