Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Kriss Kross

Lili

So, Lainey and CB was having a bit of a disagreement in the latest episode. At first, I was question Lainey's logic, but then she gave a nice explanation. It just shows that teaching at school can be tough.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

Thought for sure that when Lainey and CB were yelling at each other, face to face, there would be an awkward lusty moment.  

Just me?

Not just you.

Also, what do we have to do to get this show it's own full blown forum with each episode getting it's own thread? It seems like this show should be worthy of that.

• Love 5
(edited)
18 hours ago, Aryanna said:

Also, what do we have to do to get this show it's own full blown forum with each episode getting it's own thread? It seems like this show should be worthy of that.

It’s averaging 10 posts an ep so never.

If Greg Proops didn’t have such a recognizable voice I wouldn’t have recognized him with that mustache.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s averaging 10 posts an ep so never.

Does it not have it's own forum because it only gets 10 posts an ep or does it only get 10 posts an ep because it doesn't have it's own forum?

3 hours ago, beeblebrox said:

Does it take place in high school or middle school? Why is this episode centered around middle school when they started the show around high school? I'm confused. 

I think it's a 6-12 grade school. It's not a public school so it may not be structured like public schools.

• Love 5

So, is this set at a middle/high school, because its always been shown as a high school before this, complete with their 20 something students. 

The running joke with the picture that everyone can see except for Tim Reid was funny. "Oh no, my muscle has turned on me!" And I love that Coach Mellor knew exactly what ancient math machine the math teacher was talking about. Thats exactly why the Aztecs made it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, is this set at a middle/high school, because its always been shown as a high school before this, complete with their 20 something students

Yes it’s a combo. While they have only shown on this show the high school students before this ep on The Goldbergs it’s always been 6-12 and the first pilot for this show the younger niece who is the only niece on this version was in 7th or 8 the grade. 

• Love 4
On 3/1/2019 at 11:39 PM, biakbiak said:

Yes it’s a combo. While they have only shown on this show the high school students before this ep on The Goldbergs it’s always been 6-12 and the first pilot for this show the younger niece who is the only niece on this version was in 7th or 8 the grade. 

Wikipedia says it’s K-12

3 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Wikipedia says it’s K-12

On the first Goldbergs they have said it’s middle school and high achool and I believe in the pilot Adam just starts at the school. 

• Love 1
On 1/24/2019 at 8:51 PM, readster said:

In the 90s if you had at least an associates degree and passed the main teaching test you could teach a subject you specialized in. However, when 2005 rolled around, there were so many dirt bags that got into the system that were dating, and abusing their students. That they started coming out with "better tests" for teachers and then needing various required classes such as: assessment, Special Ed, classroom management and reading comprehension. Not crazy hard classes mind you, but it would take you a year to a year and a half and need to have a semester internship of teaching "real kids" to get your license. Then, somewhere, don't ask me how, especially in places like: New York, Illinois, California. Some helicopter parents got on a set of grade school teachers who didn't know "algebra". Started complaining to their congressman, then the No Child Left Behind crap started and all of a sudden student teachers were told to take this test and then this test and then this test and had to ace a trigonometry section in math to get a score to be told they had a high enough score to just get the state to say: "Ok, you can be a teacher now." Basically: "Harder test would make better teachers." It all backfired from 2010-2015 because while other people were passing these tests turned out to be crappy teachers and the ones who couldn't pass the tests were loved by their students and schools, but couldn't get their full license because they couldn't pass one math test. True story. Because we know if you end up a history teacher you should know how to teach a student if: xy-78 = x +8/4. Yeah, then just last year they finally did away with that and now just do what they did in the 90s for testing. 

As they say: "If it isn't broke, don't fix it." Back to the episode, yes, so many of my friends had Tamagotchis and before that, high school kids were sneaking their gameboys in. Now, it's smart phones and student addicted to Snapchat or trying to blue tooth in some stupid Jack Ass video. Times might change, but something "biggest toy ever" is going to always come along. 

My mom has been a public school teacher since 1987.  Our state has always required a BA in Education in order to teach-no associate's degree. In addition, for the past 30 years our state has required specialized degrees in subject matter in addition to a BA in Education for those teaching high school subjects. Even our chorus teachers had to have a BA in Education with a Concentration in Choral Music. As well as the degrees, additional certification was required over the years. Many teachers have had to go on to get their Rank 1s to keep their jobs. Maybe things were different in private schools, or in Pennsylvania where the show is set, I don't know. 

It bothered me because I was taken right out of the show when Lainey got that job. I have spent the past 31 years surrounded by teachers and listening to the drama they have to go through in order to get hired. The fact that Lainey was able to get that job without any prior experience, much less education, was just too far-fetched for me. I'm enjoying the show, and I can accept that some things are exaggerated for the sake of the show, but that particular point actually made me mad. Teachers already have to fight so many battles and stereotypes. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My mom has been a public school teacher since 1987.  Our state has always required a BA in Education in order to teach-no associate's degree. In addition, for the past 30 years our state has required specialized degrees in subject matter in addition to a BA in Education for those teaching high school subjects. Even our chorus teachers had to have a BA in Education with a Concentration in Choral Music. As well as the degrees, additional certification was required over the years. Many teachers have had to go on to get their Rank 1s to keep their jobs. Maybe things were different in private schools, or in Pennsylvania where the show is set, I don't know. 

It bothered me because I was taken right out of the show when Lainey got that job. I have spent the past 31 years surrounded by teachers and listening to the drama they have to go through in order to get hired. The fact that Lainey was able to get that job without any prior experience, much less education, was just too far-fetched for me. I'm enjoying the show, and I can accept that some things are exaggerated for the sake of the show, but that particular point actually made me mad. Teachers already have to fight so many battles and stereotypes. 

I really think in this day and age many people have a higher respect for teachers.  At least I do!  I think this show is just a 90’s flashback and also a reflection on what a lot of teachers and kids attitudes were of the day, and then throw in some comedy!  Because it’s fun! We all had those crabby teachers back in the day (admit it)!  🤣🤣🤣

i love this show because it takes me out of reality.  Which to be honest, TV should do.  This is my come home, make supper and then put on some family shows for me and my kid to laugh at. 

I do wish we could all return to being a kid and remember the fun of the sitcoms of our days gone by.  This is what his is for me and my kiddo!

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 1