Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Knocking on Heaven’s Door / S01.E13: Simple Twist of Fate

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

That was the prettiest space battle I've ever seen; all those different colored neon lights!

Yay! Ezekiel Jones!

I'm starting to like Ralen's wife; she's got brass balls. Stay married to her, Ziggy Stardust.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

A lot of stuff happened and none of it made sense.

A thousand spaceships destroyed in an hour. Compare that to how long the battle was between Earth and the Zatarians. I would think all that debris circling earth would rain down destroying all life as we know it. What do I know.

Wasn't Thomas locked in a prison, I am glad that he decided to check himself out to come save the day.

It almost took the annihilation of Earth for Jax to learn to be humble.

• Love 3

That was a 2 hour confusing mess.

I'm not saying that Manu Bennett's character was a one-note caricature, but the fact that his character kept repeating 'Jax Zhou' certainly didn't help.

And we get a new character not surprisingly called 'Pandora' who is introduced and then disappears after jumping through a portal -- never to be heard from again.

Then we have original recipe Jax who wakes up from Pandora's box, and tries to impersonate her before kicking the crap out of everyone -- how exactly did she knew to go visit Professor-Uncle-Fleet Admiral I have no idea.

Looks like there was a sale on fog machines, large lights and fire pots -- because that's all you could see as everyone was wandering around after the drone attack.

Would still like to know how the Fried sisters knew that Jax was on that space elevator ?  Do they have her tagged somehow ?

The whole sub-plot with Atria 9 and Pilar on Adar was just a waste of time.

Tierney was looking smoking hot, and turns out she was the supposedly dead sister to Regan and Cordelia Fried -- who knew ?

Ralen's wife, Matta, is a real bad ass -- I hope she sticks around if there is a season 2.

What was the nonsense with Tech Sgt. Elias Wilson ?  Everything is going to shit and he's rambling nonsense as some sort of comic relief, and hitting on Pandora.

Who was the brilliant writer that thought putting Jax in a 1950s style dream sequence was a good idea ?  Because that was just stupid, and was a complete waste of time.

Is Greg Li a clone  or what ?  How did he survive the destruction of that ship way back in Episode 2.

• Love 2

The whole clone thing and Adar bored me to death.

The tech Sgt. was the guy behind the rental ship desk in the first few episodes when they were stealing the ships to go to other planets correct? They needed to give him enough lines so the actor could afford the bus ticket back home.

About the most shocking thing I see in the 2 hours was that while running Xanders hair actually moved. I wish they would have spent more money on writing instead of blowing the budget getting a nice looking cast.

Just now, UnknownK said:

About the most shocking thing I see in the 2 hours was that while running Xanders hair actually moved. I wish they would have spent more money on writing instead of blowing the budget getting a nice looking cast.

and spaceship battle special effects and strobe lights.

Because of Jax, Pandora's box was opened, a Pandora escaped, Earth was almost destroyed, Tierney/Odessa now has the power to open portals with a click, and Ralen & his wife are now estranged from their home planet. Yet, when Jax is rescued by everyone else, her first thought is to go on holiday with her boyfriend?

That space battle was a mess. I'm still not sure who attacked and who was the enemy.

I think I watched every episode of this season going, wait, that looks like X, or that was copied from Y, or that sounds just like Z. This episode, it was Star Trek (red shirt guy, "shields are down"), Resident Evil (dream sequence), and Spartacus ("I am Atria 9").

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Because of Jax, Pandora's box was opened, a Pandora escaped, Earth was almost destroyed, Tierney/Odessa now has the power to open portals with a click, and Ralen & his wife are now estranged from their home planet. Yet, when Jax is rescued by everyone else, her first thought is to go on holiday with her boyfriend?

That space battle was a mess. I'm still not sure who attacked and who was the enemy.

I think I watched every episode of this season going, wait, that looks like X, or that was copied from Y, or that sounds just like Z. This episode, it was Star Trek (red shirt guy, "shields are down"), Resident Evil (dream sequence), and Spartacus ("I am Atria 9").

Every show on TV and every movie ever made borrowed ideas and concepts from the ones before it, everything is derivative. The only new stuff seems to be because the budget and technology allowed it to be done where it could not before. The problem is when the execution of the story is done so badly that you can plainly see what they stole from another movie or show mostly because it makes no sense in the current plot.

Ralens father is a diplomat from what I remember. So in the story the wife of the son of a diplomat convinces the fleet to come to the aid of the planet they were fighting for 14 years and lost to so it won't get wiped out?

If Jax isn't human and her special feature is opening portals to other galaxies with her mind why didn't evil sleeping beauty Jax just do that and escape her cell when held captive?

That bounty hunter was more mentally challenged then menacing.

Edited by UnknownK
19 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

I forgot to mention my shock at the Charisma Carpenter sighting. I almost didn't recognize her because she's gone blonde. She's aging relatively gracefully, though, like the rest of the ladies from BtVS.

She was not in it very long.

• Love 1
On October 4, 2019 at 11:55 AM, UnknownK said:

She was not in it very long.

Well, considering is the "boss" speaking to Pandora and Jax's mum they are setting her up for season 2 if that is inflicted upon us.