Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2: Speculate!

• Start Topic

This time I don't know ANYTHING about the participants, other than one is a gay couple and they recently got married. Oh, and the celebrity couple here is the former ballet dancer Rex Harrington (!) and his husband. Should be interesting, as Rex was known to be outspoken and not afraid of speaking his mind. Last season my favourites were the two brothers, hoping there will be somebody else this season that I like as much.

This time I don't know ANYTHING about the participants, other than one is a gay couple and they recently got married. Oh, and the celebrity couple here is the former ballet dancer Rex Harrington (!) and his husband. Should be interesting, as Rex was known to be outspoken and not afraid of speaking his mind. Last season my favourites were the two brothers, hoping there will be somebody else this season that I like as much.

[points to the fact that the husband's name is.... BOB HOPE!  Seriously.]

• Love 1

where is that a quote from? I mean... I personally have never heard of a place in Japan named "Hong Kong". 

I'm quoting the snippet that radishcake posted in the Episode 3 thread; how about that shadow of a non-Chinese torii set against the Maoist motherland?

I hope they go back to Canada soon!  That was one of the best things about Season 1, seeing so much of our beautiful country!

Personally I hope they do more international stuff. I mean keeping it Canadian only makes it look like a lower rent version of the original Amazing Race (like the NFL to the CFL or the Daily Show to any one of those crappy fake news shows on CBC).

I agree. I think maybe a 50/50 split - half in our beautiful country and half abroad. I love seeing Canada too, but they're preachin' to the choir. Most Canadians (which are most of the viewers) know how magnificent this country is. I am happy to see things I didn't know about, like Pier 21 in Halifax, which I plan to visit some day. But I like the oversees visits too.

I hope they go back to Canada soon!  That was one of the best things about Season 1, seeing so much of our beautiful country!

I'm with you. I thought the Tofino leg was much better than the Hong Kong leg. We get to see lots of foreign places on the US TAR (which I enjoy greatly) but TARC is uniquely Canadian and getting to see different corners in Canada that I've mostly just heard about is special.

• Love 1