Type keyword(s) to search

And The Golden Arrow Goes To...: Awards, Nominations, and Recognition

statsgirl
  • Start Topic

14 Villains Scared Us Silly in 2015
TV Fanatic Staff at December 17, 2015
http://www.tvfanatic.com/slideshows/14-complex-villains-who-scored-in-2015/

1. Damien Darhk - Arrow
Damien Darhk from Arrow. Whether he's cheerfully life-sucking the heroes or complimenting them when they pull off something clever, Neal McDonough gleefully chews the scenery and has such fun with the unrepentantly villainous Darhk. He's so entertaining that he's found his way onto The Flash and the upcoming Legends of Tomorrow!
  • Love 2

Oliver & Felicity's 320 love scene made TVLine's Sexiest TV Scenes of 2015...

TV's 30 Sexiest Scenes of 2015
By Team TVLine / December 19 2015, 11:51 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2015/12/19/sexiest-tv-scenes-2015-arrow-sense8-outlander-photos/

6 of 30
Sexiest TV Scenes of 2015
ARROW

With Oliver resigned to being the new Ra's al Ghul and thus call Nanda Parbat home, Felicity tenderly reassures him that all his heroic actions were not for naught— before they give each other something by which they can remember one another.

http://tvline.com/gallery/best-tv-sex-scenes-2015-sexiest-tv-moments/#!6/arrow-nanda-parbat-sex/

• Love 1

The CW is listed among the best networks by TV.com...

Best of the Year: The Best and Worst Networks of 2015
By Cory Barker 16 hours ago
http://www.tv.com/news/the-best-and-worst-tv-networks-of-2015-145045620567/

THE CW
From internet punching bag to internet favorite. The CW built up a head of steam at the end of 2014 with the debuts of Jane the Virgin and The Flash, but this year has been a different story. iZombie joined those other shows to create last season's best trio of newbies, all of which have been even better in their second seasons. Speaking of dope second seasons: The 100 turned in a brutal and harrowing one of its own, growing into one of TV's best shows.

Mix in the surprisingly productive—if occasionally distracting—franchise building for DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Arrow and Flash, the manic and creative audacity of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, sturdy runs from The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Reign, and Supernatural, and fully enjoyable final runs from both Hart of Dixie and America's Next Top Model and you're looking at a recipe for consistently satisfying and fun television that appealed to a wide variety of viewers. Ratings, schmatings—The CW is now out here winning Golden Globes!
  • Love 1

DD is among TV.com's Best New Characters of the fall season...

The 14 Best New Characters of the 2015-2016 Fall Season
By Tim Surette Nov 24, 2015
http://www.tv.com/shows/arrow/community/post/best-new-characters-tv-144727834695/

Damien Darhk, Arrow
After spectacularly bungling Ra's Al Ghul last season, you can imagine our giddiness at the show's version of the villainous Damien Darhk, played to perfection by Neal McDonough. He's not had a great amount of screentime thus far in Season 4 on account of all the work that's had to be done to launch Legends of Tomorrow, but that actually works in his favor. Darhk hovers on the edges of Arrow, but is fully engulfed in everything that's happening in Star City, and the fact that he's still mostly a mysterious and powerful figure yet manages to touch everything and everyone actually adds to the fear he instills in people and the fierceness of his character.
  • Love 2

Olicity is #1 on Bustle's 15 Best Ships of 2015...

15 Best Ships Of 2015, From Olicity On 'Arrow' To The Stars Of 'Jessica Jones'
SABIENNA BOWMAN  14 hours ago
http://www.bustle.com/articles/131057-15-best-tv-ships-of-2015-from-olicity-on-arrow-to-the-stars-of-jessica-jones

1. Felicity & Oliver, Arrow
I hate ship names, but just like everything else about Felicity and Oliver, Olicity is too darling to resist. The superhero and the tech genius stole my heart and soul as they embarked on a relationship that involved domestic bliss in the suburbs, the most beautiful pillow talk scene of all-time, and an engagement that was perfect until that thing happened that made me cry for a week.
  • Love 3

Oliver choosing Felicity (3x23) is one of EW's Unforgettable Shipper Moments of 2015, while Felicity getting shot (4x09) is one of EW's Most Shocking Moments of 2015...

22 Unforgettable Shipper Moments of 2015
Dec. 22, 2015
http://www.ew.com/gallery/best-shipper-moments-tv-2015/2416593_oliver-chooses-felicity-arrow

Slide 5 of 23
Oliver Chooses Felicity, Arrow
2015 was a big year for Olicity shippers. From Oliver and Felicity's first sex scene to the recent proposal — which, yes, ended disastrously — Olicity fans no longer had to accept the occasional longing glance or faked "I love you." But even with all of that, the moment that really stood out was when Oliver decided to let go of the Arrow in order to be with Felicity. The man who always claimed that he couldn't be both the Arrow and Oliver chose to be Oliver so that he could start a new life with the woman he loved. Talk about romance. —Samantha Highfill

The 40 Most Shocking TV Moments of 2015
Dec. 21, 2015
http://www.ew.com/gallery/most-shocking-tv-moments-2015/2416748_felicity-shot-arrow

Slide 39 of 40
Felicity Is Shot, Arrow
Since its season premiere, Arrow has been teasing a major death, and the mid-season finale proved no one is safe, even one-half of Olicity. Finally engaged and heading off to celebrate, Oliver and Felicity leave a Christmas tree lighting by limo only to be stopped by a set of Damien Darhk’s Ghosts. Gunning down the vehicle, the Ghosts kill the driver, forcing Oliver to drive himself and his new fiancé away. When he gets clear of the scene, however, he discovers his beloved has been injured, threatening the very fabric of the show’s biggest romance. (But she can’t really be dying, right?) —Jonathon Dornbush
  • Love 2

Oliver & Felicity are #5 on USA Today's list of the 14 Best Fictional TV Couples of 2015...

We ship it: The 14 best fictional TV couples of 2015
Hoai-Tran Bui, USATODAY 8:03 a.m. EST December 22, 2015
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/12/22/we-ship-14-best-fictional-tv-couples-2015/77702372/

5. Oliver and Felicity, Arrow
It's been four seasons, but Oliver and Felicity finally got together, guys. And it's just as magical as we'd hoped. Oliver is actually smiling, Felicity has her own CEO jet (which she got through her own talents, of course), and not even supernatural villains or ominous future funeral scenes can tear them apart. Right?
  • Love 4

Oliver & Felicity are among 6 TV couples that, per TV Junkies, were left up in the air - in a bad way (per the online poll at the end of this article, Olicity are also the TV couple most in need of mistletoe with 58% of votes)...

TV COUPLES MOST IN NEED OF MISTLETOE
Caralynn Lippo | December 22, 2015
http://www.thetvjunkies.com/tv-couples-most-in-need-of-mistletoe/

OLIVER AND FELICITY – ARROW
These two were going really, really well for a while there! We’ve raved about how much we loved domestic bliss Olicity. Oliver and Felicity after reuniting, saving the day, and literally riding off into the sunset at the end of the last season, enjoyed several months of villain-free suburbia. Unfortunately, it wasn’t to last, as the two were called back to Star City to rejoin their hero squad and save their city (for like the tenth time).

While Oliver and Felicity have shared a few lovely romantic moments (yin-yang kiss!), other pesky factors (like Oliver’s secret son and Felicity getting shot by men sent by Oliver’s new nemesis, Damien Darhk) keep getting in the way of their love. Assuming Felicity is still alive by the time the season picks back up in 2016, these two definitely deserve some mistletoe time.

Arrow's "Dark Waters" is on Hidden Remote's list of the 10 Best Mid-Season Finales of 2015...

The 10 Best Mid-Season Finales of 2015
by Sandra Perez 4h ago
http://hiddenremote.com/2015/12/22/the-10-best-mid-season-finales-of-2015/10/

Arrow, “Dark Waters” (The CW)

Brief Description: The mid-season four finale of The CW’s Arrow had Olicity fans dying! No pun intended. Pun because it looked like Felicity was dying…or perhaps she did die. Nah, they can’t kill her off! Please tell me they can’t kill her off! By the way, spoiler alert.

Why We Can’t Wait for It to Return: Oliver saved his friends and stood up to Dark once again. It’s clear that Oliver is not backing down and is ready to face Dark. But more importantly, at least, for Olicity fans, Oliver has finally proposed! The moment was perfect! Speaking in front of his friends and family, Oliver asked Felicity to marry him. Felicity of course said yes.

We’re not Arrow-newbies though, we knew that this moment would be followed by disaster. I was seriously at the edge of my seat thinking that the ring would explode or that shots would be fired at everyone. Yes, I was actually bracing myself for Felicity’s death. I kinda thought they couldn’t possibly kill her, but then again, you never know, I was just ready for anything! Thankfully, the ring did not explode. But as Oliver and Felicty rode off, they were stopped by several cars and fired at. Oliver managed to drive the car away, but Felicity took a hit. How bad of a hit? We’ll have to wait for Season Four to return to find out!

— Sandra Perez

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Oliver becoming the Green Arrow is among The Wrap's 7 Biggest Superhero TV Show Moments of 2015...

Superhero TV Shows in 2015: 7 Biggest Moments and Most Shocking Revelations
Linda Ge on December 21, 2015 @ 8:05 am
https://www.thewrap.com/7-biggest-moments-revelations-superhero-tv-flash-daredevil-arrow-supergirl-2015/

The Green Arrow, “Arrow
A moment that’s been teased from the very beginning of the show, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) finally manifested his destiny and called himself Green Arrow, just like his comic book alter ego, in the Season 4 premiere. From the killing machine who called himself the Hood in Season 1, to becoming Arrow, to the new symbol of hope in Star City, Oliver declaring his new identity on TV screens everywhere was a moment four seasons in the making.
Edited by tv echo

Surprisingly, Thea is on this list (I'd think there are better candidates for the naughty list, like, say, DD or Malcolm)...

9 TV Characters Definitely on Santa's 2015 Naughty List
Monday, December 21, 2015  Derek Stauffer
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/once-upon-a-time/9-tv-characters-definitely-on-58341.aspx

Thea Queen, Arrow
Thea's murderous condition is kind of, sort of her big brother Oliver's fault. Though if we're placing blame we might as well go back to Ra's Al Ghul who killed Thea in the first place. Nevertheless, Thea's resurrection bath in the Lazarus Pit waters has made her more than a little bit unstable. Thea's desire and lust for a kill may not be in her control but it doesn't seem likely that Santa is going to award her violent behavior.
  • Love 1

Oliver/GA is #7 on this list of tv and movie superheroes who had the worst 2015...

On Screen Superheroes Who Had The Worst 2015
By Amanda Joyce Dec 21, 2015 11:30 AM
http://www.themovienetwork.com/content/screen-superheroes-who-had-worst-2015?index=3

#7 Arrow

He’s been trying to do the right thing - he even got out of the superhero game for a while. Unfortunately for him, the villains keep pulling him back in. This year was a doozy for him though as he ran for mayor of Star City only to have his plans to do good thwarted at every turn. He also dealt with the knowledge that his plans for a time traveling villain failed and got everyone he knew killed (before Flash fixed it.). Also happening this season? He found out he had a son he’s not supposed to tell his girlfriend about, and his girlfriend was shot multiple times just after he proposed.

Dare I hope that TPTB are paying attention to all the positive press Olicity is getting after half a season (mostly) free from melodrama? They've made it onto almost every entertainment site's superlatives list (except TV Fanatic's. Of course).

• Love 8

Tbh I'd rather her be ignored by everyone. :)

OK, I see your point :D

Actually, TVLine won points with me by mentioning the shot of Sara in the grave as one of the scenes they wished they could unsee of 2015 (paraphrasing). I'll take that as the most open dig (har, har) they can take against the storyline without pissing off the producers about their precious Because Comics. And I must say that even though I don't like KC's acting choices as Laurel, I prefer when the blame for a storyline failure is put on those who have the final cut, i.e directors and EPs. It was a good way to achieve this.

But to come back to that article, IIRC "unstable" and "naughty" aren't synonymous (pardon my French if I'm wrong). Thea is a victim, it isn't as if she had a say in any of the whole LP deal. I think that Laurel and her stubborn refusal to tell OTA about soulless Sara, or even Quentin and his acceptance to work for Darhk, in both case their decision, would make better candidates for the naughty. , I'd say that Darhk and Malcolm are plain evil therefore beyond naughty, that's why I'd eliminate them -but this list is a weird mix of crime and misdemeanor. The more I think about it, the less I understand why Thea is there at all and the more pissed off I am as a Thea fan.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2

Thea's murderous condition is kind of, sort of her big brother Oliver's fault. Though if we're placing blame we might as well go back to Ra's Al Ghul who killed Thea in the first place. Nevertheless, Thea's resurrection bath in the Lazarus Pit waters has made her more than a little bit unstable. Thea's desire and lust for a kill may not be in her control but it doesn't seem likely that Santa is going to award her violent behavior.

Except it was actually Malcolm, her own father that actually put her there in the first place by ruffie-ing her into killing Sara. I swear, no one remembers that Malcolm is responsible for pretty much EVERY bad thing that has ever happened to Oliver and his family. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10

Dare I hope that TPTB are paying attention to all the positive press Olicity is getting after half a season (mostly) free from melodrama? They've made it onto almost every entertainment site's superlatives list (except TV Fanatic's. Of course).

TV Fanatic does have a list of "20 Romantic Pairs that Brightened 2015" (all TV couples, in an article by Carissa Pavlica) but - surprise, surprise - that list does not include Oliver & Felicity.

Edited by tv echo

I find it interesting that while Arrow's MSF seems to have made a lot of list, it's not on them because anyone is really thinking that Felicity is dead but just that they are so invested in how this turns out. 

• Love 1

SA is #29 on this list...

The 100 Most Handsome Faces of 2015
Published on Dec 26, 2015, by TC Candler

For 26 years, The Independent Critics have published a List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces of each year. The lists have been published, in various formats, every year since 1990... and in recent years have been seen by over 60 million unique visitors from around the world.

The Independent Critics are now annually listing the 100 Most Handsome Faces of the Year. This is the 2015 List.

Unlike many other annual publications, The Independent Critics List is not a popularity contest. It is not about the sexiest or the most famous. Rather, it aims to be a very international list and one that is inclusive of many cultures, lifestyles, professions and degrees of fame. The Independent Critics List intends to inform public opinion rather than reflect it. This list searches far and wide, listening to the millions of suggestions submitted every year, and tries to put together a list representative of the modern ideal of beauty.

Edited by tv echo

Olicity is #1 of Tell-Tale TV's 10 Ships That Made Us Heart-Eyed in 2015...

10 Ships That Made Us Heart-Eyed in 2015
Posted on December 26, 2015, 9:44 am By Lissete Lanuza Saenz
http://telltaletv.com/2015/12/10-ships-that-made-us-heart-eyed-in-2015/

1. Oliver x Felicity, Arrow
Before, it was Oliver pining after Felicity and Felicity refusing to be defined by what she felt for him. Now? Now it’s both of them accepting that in each other they’ve found not just a reason, but a purpose. Because loving each other is a strength, not a weakness.

Wait. I need a moment. I gave myself FEELS with that one.

• Love 7

Oliver & Felicity's sex scene is #9 of Hollywood Life's 13 Steamiest TV Hookups of 2015...

13 Steamiest TV Hookups Of 2015 — Olivia & Fitz, Steroline & More
Thu, December 24, 2015 9:44am EST by Emily Longeretta
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/12/24/sex-scenes-tv-2015-watch-scandal/

9. Arrow
If you’re not a Felicity/Oliver shipper, you were after this hook up. I mean, it took three seasons.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Felicity getting shot in "Dark Waters" is #3 of fangirlish's 8 Biggest TV MSF Shockers of 2015...

Our 8 Biggest TV Midseason Finale Shockers of 2015
December 21, 2015
http://fangirlish.com/our-8-biggest-tv-midseason-finale-shockers-of-2015/

3. Felicity Shot in Limo Attack, Arrow
Whenever something really good happens at the end of the episode and the episode doesn’t end, you know something terrible is about to happen. So after Oliver and Felicity got engaged and were just so damn happy and we cut to a shot of them riding in the limo, we just knew that happiness was about to be ripped away from us. After Oliver’s public attack on Damien Darhk, Darhk took matters into his own hands earlier in the episode when he kidnapped Felicity, Thea, and Diggle and planned on making Oliver watch them die to kill the fight left inside of him. But things didn’t exactly go according to plan and the three and Oliver escaped and even managed a small victory when they blew part of Darhk’s facility up. We followed that chilling scene with a moment of pure beauty as Oliver proposed to Felicity among family, friends, and volunteers at the tree lighting ceremony. But as the happy couple was headed home their limo was attacked by Darhk’s Ghosts and a wave of bullets rained down upon their limo. While Oliver was quick to shield Felicity – always protecting her before himself – he soon realized that they’d sooner die if he didn’t do something to get them out of there. So he pulled himself away from Felicity and climbed into the front seat of the limo and drove them out of there. But the moment after Oliver removed himself from Felicity you could see her get shot in the side. When Oliver got them away from there and went to check out her in the back, he found her unconscious and bleeding and our hearts were throbbing from the sight of a bloodied Felicity and a desperate Oliver. Let’s get one thing straight, Felicity is not dead. Shot, yes, but not dead. No, she’s not the one in the grave – that happens three months after this – but you bet your ass that the writers want us to think so. How many times have we seen people shot on Arrow and are fine the next episode? This fake death will serve as a means to make this war between Oliver and Darhk personal now that Darhk went after Oliver’s family. But Felicity Smoak is not dead. There’d be no Oliver Queen without her, which means there’d be no Green Arrow, which means there’d be no Arrow.
  • Love 2

Felicity is #1 of Talk Nerdy With Us' Top 10 Favorite Female TV Characters of 2015...

Top 10 Favorite Female TV Characters in 2015
by Shadia Omer   December 27, 2015, 12:43 pm
http://talknerdywithus.com/2015/12/27/top-10-favorite-female-tv-characters-in-2015/

1.  Felicity Smoak- Arrow
Our favorite tech girl, the backbone to ‘team Arrow’, and the other half of Olicity. Felicity Smoak is the heart of the show. She’s extremely smart, witty and lovable. She may not be out there fighting off the villains, but she is the heart of team Arrow. Not all heroes wear masks. Felicity Smoak is also the CEO of a multimillion dollar company! She’s hilarious when she wants to be and has you tear-jerking at her hardest moments. She’s a badass that you can’t mess with.
  • Love 5

With 56% of the vote, Olicity won otp/ships' 2015 award for Best Couple from a superhero show/movie...

otp/ships ‏@Polls4Ships
The award for best couple from a superhero tv show/movie goes to Olicity, congrats
CXR8KnOUAAAGYRi.jpg
6:49 PM - 27 Dec 2015

https://twitter.com/Polls4Ships/status/681305978394955776

Also, if Olicity was a person, 72% would want to marry, 16% would want to fuck, and 12% would want to kill:
https://twitter.com/Polls4Ships/status/680162978516185088

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

11 TV Characters We Lost In 2015 That May Not Have Died, But Still Made Fans Grieve
KELLY SCHREMPH  2 hours ago
http://www.bustle.com/articles/132169-11-tv-characters-we-lost-in-2015-that-may-not-have-died-but-still-made-fans

7. Roy Harper — Arrow
As much as I've loved seeing Thea take the reigns as one of Oliver's sidekicks, I miss seeing Roy's face amid all those vigilante masks. Team Arrow is great, but it'd be even better if it still had Arsenal among its ranks.
  • Love 3

Arrow made three of TheMovieNetwork's year-end lists...

-- Oliver & Felicity are #5 of Top 10 TV Couples of 2015
-- Thea is #11 of 15 Best TV Characters of 2015
-- Maseo is #8 of 10 TV Characters We Mourned in 2015

Top 10 TV Couples of 2015
By Amanda Joyce Dec 25, 2015 11:15 AM
http://www.themovienetwork.com/content/top-10-tv-couples-2015?index=5

#5 Oliver and Felicity (Arrow)
In a shocking ending to season three (or not, depending on how much TV you watch), Oliver chose a life with Felicity over a life saving the city and the two skipped town. Obviously, that didn’t last long, and though there might have been some heartbreaking consequences in the midseason finale, these two kids have fit their heroic duties into coupledom in a way that makes everyone wonder why Oliver was so hesitant in the first place?

15 of the Best TV Characters of 2015
By Amanda Joyce Dec 26, 2015 02:30 PM
http://www.themovienetwork.com/content/15-best-tv-characters-2015?index=4

#11 Thea Queen (Arrow)
Once a troubled party girl not able to move past the deaths of her father and brother, Thea has found herself over the past year, even if she had to nearly die to do it. She ran her own business and was able to stop using substances to avoid her problems. Now, trained in martial arts and using a bow just like her big brother, she’s become a champion for the helpless just like him.

10 TV Characters We Mourned in 2015
By Amanda Joyce Dec 25, 2015 10:00 PM
http://www.themovienetwork.com/content/10-tv-characters-we-mourned-2015?index=2

#8 Maseo Yamashiro (Arrow)
Oliver’s handler when Amanda Waller picked him up for her own purposes in a flashback sequence, the audience spent a lot of time getting to know Maseo, his wife, and their son. He wasn’t a member of team Arrow though, instead working against Oliver to instill him in the League of Assassins. To tragically watch a broken man be killed by the wife he still loves in the middle of battle was heartbreaking.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

From CinemaBlend - Felicity getting shot is among the "16 Biggest WTF Moments of the 2015 TV Season" and Team Arrow rescuing Andy Diggle is among the "10 Best TV Fight Scenes of 2015"...

16 Biggest WTF Moments of the 2015 TV Season
NICK VENABLE   2015-12-31
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/16-Biggest-WTF-Moments-2015-TV-Season-108337-p8.html

Arrow – Felicity Gets Shot
Arrow, a show that likes to temporarily kill people off, had a bunch of surprises in the latter half of Season 3 and the first chunk of Season 4. But it’s hard to argue that the biggest mind-explosion of all came during the midseason finale, when Damien Darhk’s goons shot up Oliver’s limo and left Felicity a bleeding wreck. The shocking moment, juxtaposed with a cheery Darhk coming home to his surprise family, proved the villain to be as evil as they come, and caused fans to wonder if Felicity would be the person in the flash-forward scene’s grave. We have other predictions for where she’ll end up, but we definitely didn’t predict she’d get shot. 

The 10 Best TV Fight Scenes of 2015
BY CONNER SCHWERDTFEGER 2015-12-31
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/10-Best-TV-Fight-Scenes-2015-108137-p8.html

3. Arrow - Team Arrow Rescues Andy Diggle
Season 4 of Arrow has proven itself to be a definite improvement over the mediocrity that characterized last year’s arc. One particular area that has seen immense growth is the quality of the show’s action – which severely dipped after Season 2. The 2015 episode titled “Brotherhood” sees Team Arrow taking on Damien Darhk’s (Neal McDonough) H.I.V.E and attempting to capture John Diggle’s long-lost brother Andy. The battle is lengthy, ferocious, and gives each member of Team Arrow a chance to showcase their specific skillset, from Laurel’s (Katie Cassidy) newfound skill with a police baton, to Oliver’s (Stephen Amell) marksmanship, and even the strength of Ray Palmer’s (Brandon Routh) A.T.O.M suit.

Arrow has come a long way since it first premiered in 2012. Back then it really was nothing more than a dark and gritty tale of a street-level vigilante going against the corrupt one-percent of his city. Over time the show has increasingly incorporated elements from the DC lore, and made Team Arrow more and more into true superheroes with each passing season. This sequence gives every member of the team a chance to shine – which proved doubly important for Laurel who often gets short changed as Black Canary – and gives the action room to breath by not relying on too many quick cuts. It shows a group of well-trained individuals fighting tooth and nail to overcome seemingly insurmountable odds, and coming out unscathed on the other side. The entire episode features some truly great action – proving stunt coordinator James Bamford should direct more in the future – but this scene stands out as the coup de grâce.

Edited by tv echo

Spoilertv ranked the Olicity proposal as #5 in top 15 best moments of 2015

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/12/spoilertv-readers-15-best-tv-moments-of.html?m=1

5. ARROW - The proposal

Gigigirl31: "Oliver Queen's proposal to Felicity Smoak! It was so romantic and done in front of family, friends and Star City during the lighting of a Christmas tree of hope and light!"

Inga North: "Proposal scene in Dark Waters. Because it was such a long waited and beautiful scene between Oliver and Felicity."

Olicity: "When Oliver proposed to Felicity! Loved how he referenced her as his light and his happiness."

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

The Felicity Smoak Funko POP figure is #5 on Yoko McCann's list of 5 favorite Funko figures from 2015...

Funko: Best of 2015
Published on Dec 31, 2015, by Original Funko

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Den of Geek's Best Superhero TV Moments of 2015 include 2 Arrow episodes...

Best Superhero TV Moments of 2015
Kayti Burt  12/30/2015 at 7:39PM
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/superhero-tv/251651/best-superhero-tv-moments-of-2015

Arrow Season 3 Episode 14
Oliver and Thea return to Lian Yu.

Arrow season 3 wasn’t this show’s best, but “The Return” was a thematic and narrative return-to-form for the show that has played a large part in the current wave of superhero TV dramas. This episode, which saw Thea and Oliver head to Lian Yu, kept the sibling relationship that has always been at the heart of this show as its focus, gave us some time with one of the best superhero TV villains ever (Slade Wilson), and allowed Thea and Oliver to fight side-by-side in a long-overdue development.

“The Return” is also arguably the only Arrow episode of 2015 that had flashbacks that worked, giving viewers a glimpse at Ollie’s brief return to Starling City during his five-year disappearance.
Flarrow — Everyone faces off against Vandal Savage

No matter where you fall on the spectrum of nervous to ecstatic for the latest zany addition to the Flarrow TV universe, it was hard not to fan-person out when the gangs from The Flash, Arrow, as well as some future Legends of Tomorrow cast members joined forces to take down Vandal Savage.

In addition to the show’s title characters, we saw Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Arsenal/Speedy, Black Canary, and, um, Diggle suit up to save Central City, themselves, and possibly the world from Savage’s destruction. This crossover event was full of delightful moments, but nothing quite made our day like the sheer number of superheroes on screen in this scene.

Bring on the future crossovers, CW.

Felicity's shooting is #2 of Fashion & Style's 10 Most Emotional Moments of 2015 (though the reason given is a 'Huh?!' for me)...

'The Vampire Diaries' Elena's Death, 'Arrow' Felicity Shooting: 10 Most Emotional TV Moments Of 2015
Fashion & Style - 4 hours ago
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/78244/20151231/the-vampire-diaries-elena-death-arrow-felicity-shooting-10-most-emotional-tv-moments-2015.htm

2. "Arrow" - Felicity's shooting:
What happened: Fans were elated when Oliver finally proposed to Felicity on the CW hit series. So when Felicity was shot down by Damien Darhk's men just moments later, viewers hearts were breaking everywhere.

Why it's emotional: Only making the incident even sadder is the possibility that Felicity may have been pregnant.

Ra's al Ghul's death is #4 of Zimbio's Most Memorable TV Character Deaths of 2015...

The Most Memorable TV Character Deaths of 2015
by Jill Slattery  December 31, 2015
http://www.zimbio.com/The+Most+Memorable+TV+Character+Deaths+of+2015/articles/jSWjwnpJfzF/Ra+s+al+Ghul+Arrow

4. Ra’s al Ghul, ‘Arrow
After wreaking havoc all season and nearly killing Oliver, the Green Arrow finally got his revenge. He stabbed Ra’s after an elaborate duel, and then Ra’s gave Oliver his ring, thus making Ollie the new Ra’s al Ghul. Luckily, Oliver handed the ring off to Malcolm Merlyn and rode off into the sunset with Felicity.

From Laurel Brown's site - Arrow is #6 on Tanya's list, #4 on Kyara's list, #1 on Danielle's list, and not on Laurel's list at all...

It May Be 2016 But… Here Are the Best Shows of 2015!
JAN 1  2016   Laurel Brown
http://www.docbrowntv.com/it-may-be-2016-the-best-shows-of-2015/

6. Arrow
The often-overlooked big brother, and now in its fourth season, Arrow has come a long way from its first season (which we sometimes like to pretend never happened). It doesn’t hurt that series leads Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards are a TV match made in heaven.
4. Arrow
After a disappointing predecessor, season 4 of Arrow is rediscovering its roots and getting back to great storytelling.
1. Arrow
In its fourth season, the show is the strongest it has ever been. As the first DC comics-themed show to appear in the CW-WB universe, Arrow has leaped to stardom (launching its predecessors with it). It’s hard to maintain that level of excitement for a show after four years but Arrow seems to manage it. This season, the show balanced comic cannon, new romance (Olicity, anyone?), and amazing action sequences. I can’t imagine any other show being my number one for 2015.
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

As the first DC comics-themed show to appear in the CW-WB universe, Arrow has leaped to stardom (launching its predecessors with it).

So much wrong with this sentence, lol. I too like to forget Smallville was ever on but to specifically bring up the WB and say Arrow was the first DC show on it hurts my brain as does crediting Arrow with launching its PREDECESSORS. Which is impossible since nothing can launch what comes before it and as they helpfully point out, nothing came before it.

Sigh. Is language that difficult to process?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4