Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Say Bye-Bye Daddy

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Can't see her being interested TBH.

I watch enough LivePD & LiveRescue that yes, that is the one - it can be airborne as well so is very dangerous for them.  Addicts are constantly lying, so he probably knew what he had, or was after something a lot harder than they think & Fent. got in there, but judging from the PD show, they typically know what they have & just lie about it.

Max is one of those addicts that thinks as long as he's not shooting heroin, he's better than other addicts. He knew exactly what he was taking. Just like he won't say he stole the credit card from his friend's grandma. He says he used a credit card without permission. 

• Love 11
On 9/1/2019 at 11:01 PM, Honey said:

I cannot stand Grandpa Tim.  I hate that man.

I can’t stand grandpa Tim or his smarmy wife, grandma Whateverhernameis. 

Caelan works a full time job, he comes home and he supports his family. He’s a good guy. He’s not perfect but no one is. They have spoiled their granddaughter to the point she can’t function as a mother or as a partner. They should feel ashamed they raised such a weak person. I feel bad for Caelan for having children with a disaster like McKayla. I make our 13 year old son watch the show.  I want him to see where casual sex with a person you don’t love and aren’t committed to can lead. 

Edited by doglover3489
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, doglover3489 said:

I can’t stand grandpa Tim or his smarmy wife, grandma Whateverhernameis. 

Caelan works a full time job, he comes home and he supports his family. He’s a good guy. He’s not perfect but no one is. They have spoiled their granddaughter to the point she can’t function as a mother or as a partner. They should feel ashamed they raised such a weak person. I feel bad for Caelan for having children with a disaster like McKayla. I make our 13 year old son watch the show.  I want him to see where casual sex with a person you don’t love and aren’t committed to can lead. 

Exactly! He's 20 years old, not some 30 or 40 something guy who has never grown up or taken responsibility for himself. I don't remember if he said he wanted to go to college when this show started. If so, he's tabled that in order to try to provide a home for the spoiled brat and the kids they both are responsible for creating. He's trying. McKayla has done nothing but carry and deliver the kids and acts like that's where her responsibility ends. While I'm glad her brother has chosen to not be part of this shitshow, I wonder what kind of kid he is? Is he a spoiled, rotten brat like his sister? Or, is he planning on growing up and getting the hell out of that dysfunctional mess? My guess is the latter, as I don't think McKayla would tolerate a sibling trying to muscle in on her absolute control of her grandparents and their home.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Her brother has probably watched his grandparents spoil her and cater to her all his life. Bet he can't stand her either. 

There's either extreme favoritism going on or given how snotty McKayla is without having incurred Tim's wrath, the brother's behavior must have been horrendous for Tim to assault him.  I'm voting for extreme favoritism.

• Love 3
On 9/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, lovesnark said:

Exactly! He's 20 years old, not some 30 or 40 something guy who has never grown up or taken responsibility for himself. I don't remember if he said he wanted to go to college when this show started. If so, he's tabled that in order to try to provide a home for the spoiled brat and the kids they both are responsible for creating. He's trying. McKayla has done nothing but carry and deliver the kids and acts like that's where her responsibility ends. While I'm glad her brother has chosen to not be part of this shitshow, I wonder what kind of kid he is? Is he a spoiled, rotten brat like his sister? Or, is he planning on growing up and getting the hell out of that dysfunctional mess? My guess is the latter, as I don't think McKayla would tolerate a sibling trying to muscle in on her absolute control of her grandparents and their home.

Of all the people on this show, Caelan and Tylor are about the only ones who actually seem to understand that they made human beings and are responsible for providing for them. That's not everything, but it's a pretty huge start.

• Love 6
On 9/3/2019 at 7:39 AM, gonecrackers said:

I'm guessing Caelen doesn't want a custody agreement because he wants the freedom to pop in & out to see his kids whenever he's not working or with his buds. Shelly is probably working & can't take them regularly either, & seems to be trying to keep more of a grandparent place in their lives. I liked her telling it like it is - "this girl is broken" - a very good & sensitive observation for someone who causes them so much trouble. However, as a poster mentioned above, her son had a huge role to play is creating children with that "broken" little girl. They were already having a ton of issues with McKayla yet he went ahead sans condom & now comes baby #2 when they can't even handle baby #1.

At this point if he really wants a place in his children's lives he needs to get the custody arrangement figured out, legally, according to his schedule, & become more than a paycheck to the lives he's helped create. He needs to be a father, not just a visitor who drops by for a few minutes & get verbally berated for not spending time with the kids. Caelen needs to stop whining & take some control- get the lawyer, get the shared custody agreement & schedule set, & then be a responsible grown up father. Oh, & stop making babies with a girl who can't even take care of herself.

Are they against birth control or abortion? I don't understand why she wasn't at least on some sort of birth control... and when she said she was pregnant again, it was just like "oh no! Oh well..."

• Love 3
On 9/5/2019 at 5:11 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm not sure he wants her to have elf ears, especially just so he won't have to take a blood test.  I think he's ignorant enough about genetics to think that any child of his will have elf ears no matter what, and the existence of the elf ears will prove that it's his kid.  Which makes me hope it doesn't have elf ears, but is still his according to a paternity test, just to watch his brain grapple with it.

As stupid as I think all the people in this show are, I'm convinced that the producers think the viewers are even stupider, so I wouldn't be surprised if the "children" comment was made after the new baby was born, and the producers wanted to use it as if it was said before the new baby, and just thought, "Eh, the viewers are so dumb they won't even notice."

Parsing what Max and his dad say is a fool's errand, but I had the impression that whatever Max was taking was adulterated with fentanyl.  But then he said what he was taking had been prescribed to someone else (to, ahem, differentiate it from street drugs), so you'd think it wouldn't be adulterated.

Max and his father made it sound like Max did not know at the time that what he was taking had or was fentanyl. So according to Max, it was "a mistake", and not a conscious decision to knowingly take a drug (other than the one he was going to... you know... take). Ah the logic of drug addicts....

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 8:15 AM, Dmarie019 said:

So they're saying that Max accidentally took Fentanyl while thinking it was something else?  Kid is lucky to be alive.  Isn't that the stuff cops are scared they could accidentally touch with bare hands? 

Fentanyl is really potent, and certainly dangerous, but the drug the police and EMS are afraid to even breathe near is carfentanil.  It is 100x stronger than fentanyl and thousands times stronger than heroin.  A very small amount can kill you, and if you breathe it in or even touch it, it can be absorbed by the body.  It was designed for large animals.

Max probably thought he had oxycontin but got fentanyl.  I have taken fentanyl before - it was given to me after surgery and it actually didn't help very much, maybe I was given a very low dose.

• Useful 1
On 9/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I was yelling at the TV so much during that little love fest I had to rewind to catch all the inanities McKayla's family were spewing. The whole tribe are poster children for dysfunction. Grandpa Tim is just a rage ball, Cindy's a spineless enabler, Shannon a gleeful pot stirrer. McKayla can do no wrong! She's lonely! She's given you a beautiful son! If you don't dance attendance on her and cater to her every whim 24 hours a day you are a no good terrible very bad person. Caelen cannot win. I wouldn't want to go to Tim and Cindy's either. I was happy to see that he stated his side without losing his temper. Any normal human would have at least given him a hearing. But McKayla's family won't see that their little angel is a manipulative, spoiled, self centered little bitch. Get a lawyer Caelen. Its your only hope. She'll use those kids as a club to beat you with for the next 20 years. 

Chloe occasionally shows a glimmer of sense. Then she says dumb shit like "you don't need therapy". Oy. Another pair of dumb kids who think that playing house is real life. Max is a druggie and a petty criminal. Aim high, Chloe. 

I felt bad for poor little Tyra when she was trying to pump. Leave the girl alone already! Sheesh. Doesn't the hospital have access to a lactation consultant? Her methy relatives were no damn help. 

Chloe is afraid that in therapy, Max might learn that he doesn’t want to be with her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, readheaded said:

There's either extreme favoritism going on or given how snotty McKayla is without having incurred Tim's wrath, the brother's behavior must have been horrendous for Tim to assault him.  I'm voting for extreme favoritism.

Wait, how did I miss Grandfather Timmy assaulted Brother McKayla?

I used to be Team Tim, but I’m disgusted by the whole crowd. McKayla is a monster, Tim and Cindy are enablers, Shannon is desperate to elbow her way in with her collapsing hereditary methface, and those kids are doomed. Shelly is screaming into the void.

Speaking of drugs, my count of high people on this episode are Terra, (pooping on the floor after her epidural was kind of amazing) her mother, and Max.

Max is probably sleeping on an air mattress because his father is going broke with all of the drug overdose ER visits. Fentanyl is absolutely nothing to screw with. 

I used to have a neighbor on fentanyl patches that she needed help changing. This was before anybody knew what it was, so I would have the fresh one stuck to my fingertip while we worked the old one off. I used to think that she was just the coolest old lady ever, and I always felt SO GOOD after a visit with her. Jesus!

I really don’t like Max, but hearing that his mother died of a drug overdose makes me think he is in serious trouble. Chloe needs to step back and let the grownups handle this or she really will be raising Ava alone.

• Love 5

I just got done watching this episode. And all I have say is Makayla's ex really kept his cool during that conversation at the restaurant. And I think it would be best for everyone if he were to talk primary custody of both kids. I'm not saying he's perfect but he seems to be really trying. I think him and his mom would really be able to give the kids some stability. 

• Love 4