Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for Obi-Wan Kenobi

• Start Topic

Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ Star Wars series confirmed: Scripts are already written

McGregor came out to Star Wars music at the conclusion of the Disney+ D23 panel on Friday, making it official that he'll reprise his Obi-Wan Kenobi role from the Star Wars prequel movies. Lucasfilm's Kathleen Kennedy announced all the scripts have been written and filming will begin next year. McGregor said on stage it was great to finally say out loud that he'll be reprising his Star Wars role after years of playing coy in interviews. Today's announcement ends years of speculation for the future of the Obi-Wan. In 2017, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Disney and Lucasfilm were developing a movie spinoff of the character.

• Love 1

My pitch for Kenobi has always been that he's nabbed by someone, maybe a team of bounty hunters. So he has to escape and get back to Tatooine. And they're still after him. I don't know where it goes from there, but it's a decent set-up. Dear Lucasfilm: my consultancy fees are pretty cheap.

39 minutes ago, raven said:

nooo.jpg.122e48ec621c8615efd87ddbafcc628f.jpg

I get where you're coming from, but some people need a better material. Natalie Portman, for example. Let's see how he goes with a good writer and director spurring him on.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I get where you're coming from, but some people need a better material. Natalie Portman, for example. Let's see how he goes with a good writer and director spurring him on.

Oh I'll give him a chance (I have no choice) because I've been looking forward to this one.  I couldn't resist the obvious, though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anduin said:

Natalie Portman, for example

Natalie Portman sucks In Sci-fi, it's not the scripts, IMO.

I'm oddly excited about Hayden and, I blame The Clone Wars, that show made me care about Anakin (different actor). I hope Hayden has improved acting wise, it happens (look at Josh Hartnet)

• Love 2

I can't say I'm a big Star Wars fan (the last three movies left me mostly cold) but I always found the story in the prequels very interesting, just really really REALLY badly executed. So, I can't help but be intrigued by this. Also, it's Ewan McGregor. So, I might do a Disney+ trial for the first time for this.

• Love 3
On 5/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, supposebly said:

I can't say I'm a big Star Wars fan (the last three movies left me mostly cold) but I always found the story in the prequels very interesting, just really really REALLY badly executed. So, I can't help but be intrigued by this. Also, it's Ewan McGregor. So, I might do a Disney+ trial for the first time for this.

The last 3 movies made me very ehh on Star Wars.  I didn't care for them but this series also has me excited again. It's cool Hayden is returning and he has actually been getting love from the Fandom which is a nice change.

• Love 1
On 5/4/2022 at 11:30 PM, supposebly said:

Also, it's Ewan McGregor. So, I might do a Disney+ trial for the first time for this.

And book a trip to Hoth on Expedia