One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Because if that's the case then, it can only help team village if the VI comes out and says what s/he did. This character makes life extra hard for team wolf since all players who were on team wolf now have been shifted up or down and those who ARE now TW have no idea that they are. 

The only time you'd stay TW is if your neighbour whom you're shifted to, was also TW but then THAT person is likely TW no more. I predict this game will end v quickly...

• Love 1

Essentially yes.

For example; I started on team village so I'm going to play as if I'm on team village, because if I became a wolf I DON'T KNOW about it. So my advice to team village is this; the troublemaker, witch and robber reveal who they messed with THEN the VI say what they did and whoever is now a wolf will be discovered. As far as I can tell, that is a winning formula for team village. I may be a wolf now who has just helped team village win but I'm taking the risk. As for the Tanner - they have zero chance, once the VI announces what they did, whoever was the Tanner will reveal who has BECOME the Tanner now. Sorry Tanner you're equally screwed.

• Love 1

So until the VI speaks no one knows what side they are on and even after the VI speaks you don't know what team you are on unless you assemble clues from your fellow players...

... So pretty much just waitin' on you Village Idiot so we can start

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Somehow it seems like it's more fun not to tell! I am the Village Idiot, and I did move everyone.

Which way?  Up or down?

Well, I suppose if the Witch changed the Village Idiot, they wouldn't be able to move everyone, so that's another way we might not have to worry about it. She seems to be another role that should probably share.

And lest you think I'm making a claim: s-l1000.jpg (Oh wait, wrong game.)
I may have been witch-LIKE, since I had a cauldron and I was chanting "Bubble, bubble, toil" and...something. I would like to know a bit more about what the Village Idiot did...and maybe a bit more about the original role of @MarkHB. Just asking since he's my Mark-bro, you know, no other reason...

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

TJ are you hinting at being the witch?

I believe I responded to that specifically. And left what I think is a pretty strong hint as to who I am. Well, was.

49 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

The only way we'll figure out who I became is to develop this film.... ;) 

Oh I think I have an idea of who you are, or rather, whose role you'd have. Along with a few other people (including....myself????).

tumblr_ndrwugjAOI1qbyb95o1_250.gif

52 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

The only way we'll figure out who I became is to develop this film.... ;) 

Rather than edit my last post, I'll say that this is why I asked who you were previously, Markbro. For Witch or not, Village Idiot acting or not, you are not that any more.

• Love 1

Ok since everyone moved down and there are no actions involving swapping active players after the VI and unless there was some swapping going on

CP is the Robber and became the robber after the robbery so he did not rob

TJ is the apprentice seer and became the apprentice seer after the seeing so he did not see (unless he was the seer prior to the VI)

Edited by Hanged Man

OB, how is that so? Even if they are robbed, they still get to take their actions as far as I know. I'm really confused here.

To lessen some of the other confusion, I am (or was) the seer and know that a mason and the insomniac are two of the unclaimed roles.

3 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Well, I suppose if the Witch changed the Village Idiot, they wouldn't be able to move everyone, so that's another way we might not have to worry about it. She seems to be another role that should probably share.

This is what I am going on. Makes sense to me. 

42 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

You still get to perform your original action even if you're switched; because you don't know you've been switched.

Thank you; I was going to say that earlier but my phone ate the post.

I was the Drunk;  I chose C. @egavasc Can you help with who I became?

List time!

Claimed roles before VI did (or didn't do) anthing

1. The Crazed Spruce - Mason 
  2. MMCS
  3. MarkHB - Started as Drunk (switched by Troublemaker)?
  4. Drogo - Vanilla Villager
  5. aquarian1 -Robbed by HM - became Robber
  6. CP
  7. Lisin - Vanilla Villager
  8. SilverStormm
  9. egavasc
  10. Deadpool
  11. Oinky B.  
  12. Jesse - Village Idiot
  13. HM - (Robbed a1) became Apprentice Seer
  14. TJ - [Troublemaker?]
  15. Ser Jorah
  16. Unclaimed - Mason
  17. Unclaimed - Insomniac
  18. Unclaimed - 

OK.  With the VI in play I am now the robber,  Lisin took my wolf and Silver took Lisin's dreamwolf and MuuMuu was the other wolf.

This was too easy unless I messed something up really badly.

I believe I responded to that specifically. And left what I think is a pretty strong hint as to who I am. Well, was.

Oh I think I have an idea of who you are, or rather, whose role you'd have. Along with a few other people (including....myself????).

tumblr_ndrwugjAOI1qbyb95o1_250.gif

Rather than edit my last post, I'll say that this is why I asked who you were previously, Markbro. For Witch or not, Village Idiot acting or not, you are not that any more.

Side note: This GIF is never not funny.  

• Love 2

Seems like I'm still Team Village, so I'll share fully: I reciprocated Mark's action last game by swapping him and HM.  This also gave me the benefit of hopefully knowing who I was if the VI rotated down, which seems to be the case!

So now I'll go get a drink ;) And provide my notes on who everyone should be now:

The Crazed Spruce - Ser Jorah's old role (after VI shift down)

MMCS – Mason (after VI shift down)

MarkHB – Wolf* (after VI shift down but was originally Drunk so is now a formerly unclaimed role??)

Drogo – Apprentice Seer (after Robbing, Troublemaker swap, VI shift down)

aquarian1 – Vanilla Villager (after VI shift down)

CP – Robber/Apprentice Seer (after robbing, VI shift down)

Lisin – Wolf*(after VI shift down)

SilverStormm– Dreamwolf*(after VI shift down)

Egavasc - SS's old role (after VI shift down)

Deadpool– Seer (after VI shift down)

Oinky B. - Deadpool's old role (after VI shift down)

Jesse – VI , possibly team Village/Tanner if OB did in fact curse them

HM - OB's old role (after VI shift down), possibly Witch?

TJ – Drunk (after Troublemaker swap, VI shift down)

Ser Jorah– Troublemaker (after VI shift down)

**None of this accounts for Witch

Unclaimed: Mason, Insomniac, Minion/Witch/Hunter/Bodyguard/Tanner

The 5 unknown slots are underlined. The one in the Unclaimed role lists the 5 possibilities.

So in summary:

-I'm still unclear whether the Robber just copies the role or forcibly swaps them. Hence why CP is unknown.

-SS may in fact have gotten screwed, as being on Team Village and switched to a Wolf without her knowing.

-  @Deadpool  and @Ser Jorah Mormont should tell us who they were, as they're Team Village now regardless.

-A few of those have notes assuming OB was the Witch who cursed Jesse, which I feel was being hinted at. Confirm?  (Deadpool informing us would shine light on which team OB is on now, and thus the truth-worthiness of the confirmation.)

-Mark's vote would either be based on the Hunter or Bodyguard (or Tanner), if in fact the Drunk can swap his role even if he became a Wolf through other means first.

-I think this all means Lisin is exactly who we should vote for.

Edited because the Tanner could have been the last unclaimed role, and I tried to account for that.

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 2

-A few of those have notes assuming OB was the Witch who cursed Jesse, which I feel was being hinted at. Confirm?  (Deadpool informing us would shine light on which team OB is on now, and thus the truth-worthiness of the confirmation.)

I can confirm I was the Tanner

• Love 1
9 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

You still get to perform your original action even if you're switched; because you don't know you've been switched.

I'm not sure this is how it works. I wonder if it is possible to get a ruling or can someone refer to another game where they were stymied or not stymied by being switched?

If you were the bodyguard and get switched off to say VV you wouldn't know and you would go through the actions of protecting someone but I can't see that the protection would work and the Tanner if switched off to VV doesn't win if we lynch them but if they don't know they've been switched isn't that what they would work towards?

At the point the VI was making switches she was a Mason- otherwise why is there a specific order of night moves? It wouldn't matter that the witch goes first. 

Not trying to be difficult, just not sure about jumping on a vote based on the switch downwards by a mason.

I way I understand it, roles and people are almost separate. You start out as a role, you submit your action for the list as that role. And then everything starts going, so you may not be that role when that action takes place. But they still all occur and always in that order. We currently don't have a way to keep any actions from happening, we could only have ways to have made them ineffective (Troublemaker swapping a Robber and his victim back, or if we had a Doppleganger who doppled a Troublemaker or Village Idiot and choose poorly).

I was going to try to go through the thought exercise of why Jesse might lie, and what to do if there was no shift or a shift the other way. I think no matter what, we're on the right track with Lisin. But I also don't think Jesse would know any better than to tell the truth (wouldn't know they were evil if they did get switched to Minion/Tanner by the Witch). And that exercise made my head hurt.

• Love 2

About 3 games ago I was robbed, but my Troublemaker swap still happened so we found a wolf.

Everyone still acts as their respective role because like SS said, they don't know they've been messed with. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Yes I was the witch, the role I saw and then switched was the unclaimed mason. I had to take it or give it so I gave it to a neighbour (Jesse) ensuring a 50% chance of controlling my own final role. 

Now this is kind of a pickle because if Deadpool is NOW a werewolf all he needs to do is say he WAS a werewolf and get me lynched and the wolves win. 

• Love 1

If I wasn't confused enough already, I'm even more confused now. OB says as the witch she switched Jesse to the unclaimed mason. Mark claims as the drunk he claimed unclaimed role C which is the unclaimed mason. How can both be the mason?????

• Love 1