One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So that makes Spruce the paranormal investigator? And now also a Mystic Wolf, along with Drogo? I can buy that. 

I'm trying to get as much info as possible, as I know my vote will stick. 

52 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

If Spruce is the Paranormal Investigator and he discovered a wolf, then he would be a wolf now.

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Spruce is claiming Revealer, but I know he wasn't. 

Oh right, I conflated those two roles. 

2 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

And my action came after all the changes were made, anyway.

so say you

Follow this logic...

If Drogo is a wolf, then Spruce is a (mystic) wolf

If Spruce is trying for DL on Drogo then he can't be a wolf and thus neither can Drogo. 

In this twisty, slippery variation who is so sure of anything?

10 hours ago, Drogo said:

Spruce is claiming Revealer, but I know he wasn't. 

I have reason to doubt him. @Jesse, Spruce is not the Revealer.  

I don't know why she's playing coy, but I do know @Oinky Boinky was the actual Revealer, and that she found a Wolf.

The question: will she be kind enough to tell us who it is? 

• Love 1

Ok if @Lady Calypso is who I was then she's clear.

For further clarity, I was the witch. I looked at role c which was the Doppelgänger. I switched myself because fun! But then I was reminded I didn't get to actually use the doppelgänger's powers so that was the end of my turn. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I have reason to doubt him. @Jesse, Spruce is not the Revealer.  

I don't know why she's playing coy, but I do know @Oinky Boinky was the actual Revealer, and that she found a Wolf.

The question: will she be kind enough to tell us who it is? 

I am happy to take someone else's word, just not yours, Drogo. No offense. 

I am still hung up on the question of why TCS would jump to announce who a Wolf was before even knowing if he had possibly been role-swapped (since the swap doesn't take effect until daybreak).  My theory: TCS is actually the Mystic Wolf, he looked at Drogo and discovered the Minion, and is counting on the Minion not mounting more than a token defense.  So, let's have something more to talk about....

2 to DL Drogo (TCS, Jesse), 3 to lock'n'load

1 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB) 4 to dance with the devil in the endless pale moonlight of the Labrador winter.

29 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I am happy to take someone else's word, just not yours, Drogo. No offense. 

Ouch.

10 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

My theory: TCS is actually the Mystic Wolf, he looked at Drogo and discovered the Minion, and is counting on the Minion not mounting more than a token defense. 

Good follow, but I don't think the Minion is in the role list. 

My theory is Spruce is the Robber and he robbed me, because I was the Mystic Wolf and he knows that somehow, but only OB would be able to confirm that (a) she was the Revealer and (b) she looked at Spruce and found a freshly hatched Wolf.

Or maybe just vote for me.  It's been a long day. 

4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I am still hung up on the question of why TCS would jump to announce who a Wolf was before even knowing if he had possibly been role-swapped (since the swap doesn't take effect until daybreak). 

Because my action didn't come into effect until after all the swapping was done. I could reveal one character's final role, not their starting role.

7 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I am still hung up on the question of why TCS would jump to announce who a Wolf was before even knowing if he had possibly been role-swapped (since the swap doesn't take effect until daybreak).  My theory: TCS is actually the Mystic Wolf, he looked at Drogo and discovered the Minion, and is counting on the Minion not mounting more than a token defense.  So, let's have something more to talk about....

2 to DL Drogo (TCS, Jesse), 3 to lock'n'load

2 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB,Oinky Boinky)  3 to slog through the s**t that has buried us in Ottawa

OK, I'm out for now. Will be able to think more on this later....

1 to DL Lisin (TJtrack99), 4 to burn the (former) witch!

1 to DL Drogo (TCS), 4 to *glare*

2 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB,Oinky Boinky)  3 to slog through the s**t that has buried us in Ottawa

Everybody makes sense, but they can't all be right.  What to do?  What to do?  Ugh.  Closes eyes and points...

2 to DL Drogo (TCSJesse), 3 to lock'n'load

3 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB,Oinky Boinky, aquarian1) 2 to get out of the cold

I can be easily swayed to change.  Just sayin'.

A1 Jesse took her vote off Drogo

2 to DL Drogo (TCS ) 3 to lock'n'load

3 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB,Oinky Boinky, aquarian1) 2 to get out of the cold

• Love 1

I don't think we need a certain number of votes, just a majority at Day's end. 

1 to DL Lisin (TJtrack99)

1 to DL Drogo (TCS )

4 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Drogo)

Ok, well I'm very confused, but people have made very good points. However, with trying to look at all the evidence, I gotta go with my gut here.

1 to DL Drogo (TCS )

5 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Drogo, Lady Calypso)

I agree with LC. What the heck.

1 to DL Drogo (TCS )

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Drogo, Lady Calypso, Lisin)

You know what? I'm going back in on Drogo, because why not?

2 to DL Drogo (TCS, Jesse)

6 to DL The Crazed Spruce (MarkHB, Oinky Boinky, aquarian1, Drogo, Lady Calypso, Lisin)

With all 9 votes in, I'm calling it. 

Once again, Spruce has chosen to be felled.  And he was:

revealer.png

Which means that the victory goes to Team Wolf!

Congratulations to Drogo, Oinky, TJ, and Mark!

• Love 1
(edited)

Breakdown of actions:

• Mystic Wolf Drogo and Werewolf Oinky met at the secret Wolf lair. 
  • Drogo later scryed on Lisin and learned she too had magic.
  • Minion Lady Calypso secretly saw Drogo and Oinky at the lair.
  • Paranormal Investigator Mark investigated Drogo, and became a Wolf himself.
  • Robber TJ stole LC's minion-hood.
  • Witch Lisin created a spell to transform someone into a Doppelganger, then used it on herself.
  • Troublemaker aquarian swapped Lisin and LC, turning Lisin into the Robber and LC into the Doppelganger.
  • Spruce revealed to himself that Drogo was a Wolf, but the magic would not reveal that to everyone.
  • And Jesse slept soundly all Night, ready to Hunt someone down with her last breath if need be.

The other two unclaimed roles were the Seer and Apprentice Seer.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm sorry that I threw you under the bus @The Crazed Spruce, but I needed a way to try to communicate to the Wolves that I had been bitten and was now one of them.

Also, the thing I was getting at about the Revealer was, I realized that your power is exercised after all the swapping is completed, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't have also become Team Wolf overnight without realizing it.  So if I'm ever the Revealer and find a Wolf, I'm not giving anything up until I know that I haven't gotten into a 3-way with the Troublemaker and a wolf.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Also, the thing I was getting at about the Revealer was, I realized that your power is exercised after all the swapping is completed, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't have also become Team Wolf overnight without realizing it.  So if I'm ever the Revealer and find a Wolf, I'm not giving anything up until I know that I haven't gotten into a 3-way with the Troublemaker and a wolf.

Truth.  Especially when you find me as a Wolf, because lots of people wanna fool around with Drogo at night then deny it the next Day. (shadesofhighschool)

Special big Wolf-hug to @Lady Calypso who performed her Minion-y duties to a T even though she wasn't technically a Minion anymore. You're a winner in my cold wolf heart.

tumblr_mvfpfeS4jp1silku4o1_500.gif

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Special big Wolf-hug to @Lady Calypso who performed her Minion-y duties to a T even though she wasn't technically a Minion anymore. You're a winner in my cold wolf heart.

Well, thanks! Damn, I was fighting on the wrong side, and I didn't even know it! 

Seriously great game!

• Love 2

Thanks team for the win. 

When Drogo called on me to insist I was the Revealer I was really scrambling to piece together rationale for that.

I was going to claim Seer - turns out I could have. Yes having team jump on it was great. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I knew I was right not to take Drogo's word!!

Because as we all know I'm the only person who ever misled people during a Mafia game.  Game-wise, you really had no reason to not trust me. 

12 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

When Drogo called on me to insist I was the Revealer I was really scrambling to piece together rationale for that.

You never did actually confirm it!  I was worried you were going to miss my post and claim Seer or something else.  We had more friends out there than we thought. :)  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Because as we all know I'm the only person who ever misled people during a Mafia game.  Game-wise, you really had no reason to not trust me. 

Nah, it wasn't personal at all. Just that "I'm not the bad guy!" is not that compelling from anyone. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, thanks! Damn, I was fighting on the wrong side, and I didn't even know it! 

Seriously great game!

I wondered why you didn't say anything when I posted I switched you and Lisin.  And then after reading the recap I wondered even more.  You must have missed that post.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I wondered why you didn't say anything when I posted I switched you and Lisin.  And then after reading the recap I wondered even more.  You must have missed that post.

I did, indeed, miss that post. Or I read it and it completely went over my head. Either way, I thought I was still fighting the bad fight.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

You never did actually confirm it!  I was worried you were going to miss my post and claim Seer or something else.  We had more friends out there than we thought. :)  

No I didn't confirm it. Just read and read trying to figure out who I could pin wolf on if went along with saying I was the revealer - turns out there were not many choices. Finally I just voted without owning to anything. 

• Love 1
On 1/4/2017 at 10:34 PM, Drogo said:

Ouch.

Good follow, but I don't think the Minion is in the role list. 

My theory is Spruce is the Robber and he robbed me, because I was the Mystic Wolf and he knows that somehow, but only OB would be able to confirm that (a) she was the Revealer and (b) she looked at Spruce and found a freshly hatched Wolf.

Or maybe just vote for me.  It's been a long day. 

(Bold added by me) Drogo did you basically give away you were a Wolf here? Or am I over analyzing?

Did anyone have any thoughts on me?

Ditto to what Mark et. al have said about not immediately Revealing a Wolf until you know you're not one. I was nearly certain I was on Team Wolf (as the Robbed Minion) and that Drogo was the real Wolf out of him and TCS.

My plan was a bit convoluted, but if LC had come to claim that she had been the Minion before she got swapped, that would have made Lisin the Minion now. So my casting suspicion on her would have been Wolf-like. I guess it would have been hard for me to claim I Robbed whichever Wolf would have been under suspicion (because why as a Wolf would I give myself away?).

Of course the whole plan would have fallen apart if LC just named the names of who was a Wolf too. Speaking of, what role did everyone think she had? I thought it quickly became clear there were no seers (or at least no full Seer) in the game. Maybe one out of the Drogo/Oinky/TCS was the Apprentice, but that was it.

42 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

(Bold added by me) Drogo did you basically give away you were a Wolf here? Or am I over analyzing?

I  did. I figured it would bolster confidence in my claim that Spruce was the Robber and had robbed me, especially after you posted after my Robber inquiry, that "Don't be suspicious" video. I figured if you weren't "with me" that would've been a weird way to claim, and if you were "with me" you wouldn't dispute it.  

I also needed to a way to explain how I "knew" OB was the real Revealer; I didn't know if one of you was the Seer so didn't want to claim it but the Mystic Wolf has scrying abilities.