Type keyword(s) to search

One Night Ultimate Werewolf (ONUW) Mafia Games

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

OK.  With the VI in play I am now the robber,  Lisin took my wolf and Silver took Lisin's dreamwolf and MuuMuu was the other wolf.

This was too easy unless I messed something up really badly.

and this is why the VI sucks^ too easy = no fun. Also dreamwolf TWICE IN A ROW with zero chance of winning - I do not like this dreamwolf malarky! :p

9 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Seems like I'm still Team Village, so I'll share fully: I reciprocated Mark's action last game by swapping him and HM.  This also gave me the benefit of hopefully knowing who I was if the VI rotated down, which seems to be the case!

So now I'll go get a drink ;) And provide my notes on who everyone should be now:

The Crazed Spruce - Ser Jorah's old role (after VI shift down)

MMCS – Mason (after VI shift down)

MarkHB – Wolf* (after VI shift down but was originally Drunk so is now a formerly unclaimed role??)

Drogo – Apprentice Seer (after Robbing, Troublemaker swap, VI shift down)

aquarian1 – Vanilla Villager (after VI shift down)

CP – Robber/Apprentice Seer (after robbing, VI shift down)

Lisin – Wolf*(after VI shift down)

SilverStormm– Dreamwolf*(after VI shift down)

Egavasc - SS's old role (after VI shift down)

Deadpool– Seer (after VI shift down)

Oinky B. - Deadpool's old role (after VI shift down)

Jesse – VI , possibly team Village/Tanner if OB did in fact curse them

HM - OB's old role (after VI shift down), possibly Witch?

TJ – Drunk (after Troublemaker swap, VI shift down)

Ser Jorah– Troublemaker (after VI shift down)

**None of this accounts for Witch

Unclaimed: Mason, Insomniac, Minion/Witch/Hunter/Bodyguard/Tanner

The 5 unknown slots are underlined. The one in the Unclaimed role lists the 5 possibilities.

So in summary:

-I'm still unclear whether the Robber just copies the role or forcibly swaps them. Hence why CP is unknown.

-SS may in fact have gotten screwed, as being on Team Village and switched to a Wolf without her knowing.

-  @Deadpool  and @Ser Jorah Mormont should tell us who they were, as they're Team Village now regardless.

-A few of those have notes assuming OB was the Witch who cursed Jesse, which I feel was being hinted at. Confirm?  (Deadpool informing us would shine light on which team OB is on now, and thus the truth-worthiness of the confirmation.)

-Mark's vote would either be based on the Hunter or Bodyguard (or Tanner), if in fact the Drunk can swap his role even if he became a Wolf through other means first.

-I think this all means Lisin is exactly who we should vote for.

Edited because the Tanner could have been the last unclaimed role, and I tried to account for that.

Yes I got 100% screwed, I WAS the Hunter originally = egavasc is now that.

5 hours ago, Deadpool said:

I can confirm I was the Tanner

So OB is now the Tanner, why does this seem amusing somehow? If anything, you can be assured that nobody will vote for you now OB.

• Love 2
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I won't vote for a fellow NEW!Wolf out of team spirit, plus not to mention that it'd be futile to vote for anyone else (hello bodyguard).

As I predicted yesterday; when you can apply a simple enough formula to extract a win for either side, where's the fun in that? 

#yawn

9 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Drogo – Apprentice Seer (after Robbing, Troublemaker swap, VI shift down)

Did the Troublemaker say they swapped me and I missed it?

1 hour ago, egavasc said:

If I wasn't confused enough already, I'm even more confused now. OB says as the witch she switched Jesse to the unclaimed mason. Mark claims as the drunk he claimed unclaimed role C which is the unclaimed mason. How can both be the mason?????

Witch goes after Seer and before Drunk, so maybe Unclaimed Role C wasn't Mason anymore by the time Mark got to it (it was Jesse's role that OB switched) and Mark is the Village Idiot now.  

17 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Did the Troublemaker say they swapped me and I missed it?

No, I swapped Mark with HM, so HM was the Drunk and Mark was the (Robbed) Apprentice Seer before the shift.

Updated to what I think is right:

Bodyguard - The Crazed Spruce

Mason - MMCS

VI/Mason - MarkHB

Apprentice Seer - Drogo

Vanilla Villager - aquarian1

Robber - CP

Wolf* - Lisin

Dreamwolf* - SilverStormm

Hunter - Egavasc

Seer - Deadpool

Tanner - Oinky B.

Mason - Jesse

Witch - HM

Drunk - TJ

Troublemaker - Ser Jorah

Unclaimed: (Minion and Insomniac in some order), Wolf*

I have Mark as unknown because it depends on what the Witch does. Does she swap a role with an unclaimed one, or essentially "copy" the unclaimed role and "paste" it over the role of the cursee? Cause that could create a magical third mason (if it's copy/paste), or Mark is the VI (if it's swap).

So @The Crazed Spruce, careful of who you vote for!

ETA I tried to put the unclaimed in order. Seers confirm?

Edited by TJtrack99
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

As I predicted yesterday; when you can apply a simple enough formula to extract a win for either side, where's the fun in that?

It seems that the inclusion of the VI changes the nature of the game from an Us vs Them to more of a murder mystery logic puzzle.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

OK.  With the VI in play I am now the robber,  Lisin took my wolf and Silver took Lisin's dreamwolf and MuuMuu was the other wolf.

This was too easy unless I messed something up really badly.

11 hours ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

Given that I'm most likely a Mason now, I'll confirm CP's statement.  

21 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

It seems that the inclusion of the VI changes the nature of the game from an Us vs Them to more of a murder mystery logic puzzle.

You say puzzle, I say show & tell - as per the first 2 quotes above.

I stand by my vote. At the same time, I think that, if there's a flaw in the Village Idiot, it's that he doesn't shift himself. It's a very different game if he stands a chance of having made himself a wolf ( and therefore might be on the other side).

• Love 2

Yeah...you know what, I'm calling it.  Y'all got it right.

2 hours ago, TJtrack99 said:

Bodyguard - The Crazed Spruce

Mason - MMCS

VI/Mason - MarkHB

Apprentice Seer - Drogo

Vanilla Villager - aquarian1

Robber - CP

Wolf* - Lisin

Dreamwolf* - SilverStormm

Hunter - Egavasc

Seer - Deadpool

Tanner - Oinky B.

Mason - Jesse

Witch - HM

Drunk - TJ

Troublemaker - Ser Jorah

Unclaimed: (Minion and Insomniac in some order), Wolf*

This is 100% correct.  Down to the order of Minion and Insomniac.

Loser this round?  Me.  I didn't realize that the Idiot would make a game of this size too easily solvable.  That was my mistake.  We probably shouldn't use that role again.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

No, Bob, it was great.  Thanks as always. 

+++And now we get to try the Revealer or Prince next time.

YES! Even though you all had me pinned I still think the problem solving aspect is fun... I just didn't want to help you this time because WOLF! 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Loser this round?  Me.  I didn't realize that the Idiot would make a game of this size too easily solvable.  That was my mistake.  We probably shouldn't use that role again.

Eh, no worries @SVNBob. Those from the TWoP days will remember I've run Mafia games that went pretty terribly myself....

But yeah, with the VI it's basically about finding someone who started a Wolf that isn't any more. To some extent everyone should be a bit cagey, because they may end up being changed INTO a Wolf and so SHOULDN'T want to help. (Unlike dear @Lisin who changed from Wolf to more different Wolf, lol.) I agree with @MarkHB's thought that maybe shifting himself would make it more interesting, or if he didn't KNOW which direction he shifted it. Because then we'd have two scenarios to consider...of course that would be forcing us all to do the collective painful brain exercise...

Oh yeah, which way does the Witch transform someone? Another forcible swap or a copy/paste of the role? (A.k.a. was Mark the VI or a magical third Mason?)

By the way, most of my explanation of what I thought about roles was paraphrasing Bob from our PM. I just didn't want to quote it so y'all would see it as "in-game" thoughts rather than OOC. I thought this round was great! I'm always interested to see new roles too!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TJtrack99 said:

Oh yeah, which way does the Witch transform someone? Another forcible swap or a copy/paste of the role? (A.k.a. was Mark the VI or a magical third Mason?)

Forcible swap.  Mark was the VI.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, SVNBob said:

Loser this round?  Me. 

Don't be too hard on yourself @SVNBob, you tried something new as an experiment but it didn't work as hoped - fair enough. Next time I vote we try a different new role like the revealer?

• Love 1

Thanks for all the good words everyone.  And to let you all know, I'm disappointed in how the game went, not myself.  I know that this particular style of game usually balances (or tries to) between game and logic puzzle.  But this one went way over the line into puzzle territory.  And while both are fun, this wasn't the game experience you all wanted.

It was worth the try though.  Some roles work for certain groups, and some don't.  It seems that the VI is one of the latter for us.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SVNBob said:

Thanks for all the good words everyone.  And to let you all know, I'm disappointed in how the game went, not myself.  I know that this particular style of game usually balances (or tries to) between game and logic puzzle.  But this one went way over the line into puzzle territory.  And while both are fun, this wasn't the game experience you all wanted.

It was worth the try though.  Some roles work for certain groups, and some don't.  It seems that the VI is one of the latter for us.

Is this a roundabout way of saying we're too smart, @SVNBob? You old flatterer ;)

Oh wait, I haven't gotten to do much as your new Drunk!

giphy.gif

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Forcible swap.  Mark was the VI.

OK, that part has me confused (I was voting Drogo because I thought I was a Wolf, inherited from MMCS).  Can you please post the night actions?  Thanks!

• Love 1

Great game thank you.  Sad to see I was good and did good things - (making Jesse unclaimed role C the second mason) but I lose by becoming the tanner. 

Each new role brings its own nuance and it is nice to flex our brains in a different direction. 

This one was quite puzzle-y and I like that. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

You know what other role doesn't work?  The Tanner!  Let's send that guy to Abu Dhabi. 

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Noooo, The Tanner is good because it adds that extra element of doubt and keeps things interesting!

And as someone who has been the Tanner, it's kind of hard yet fun to do.  You need to make yourself a target without making it obvious you're trying to make yourself a target.  Which is harder than some might think.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

And as someone who has been the Tanner, it's kind of hard yet fun to do.  You need to make yourself a target without making it obvious you're trying to make yourself a target.  Which is harder than some might think.

Preach sister!

I got lucky and won.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I agree that it's a difficult role, but it's more the idea behind the Tanner I dislike. :)

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

OK, that part has me confused (I was voting Drogo because I thought I was a Wolf, inherited from MMCS).  Can you please post the night actions?  Thanks!

Does this mean you weren't reading any of my lists?? *sob*

(You WERE a Wolf from the shift, but as the Drunk you acted after the VI, and so swapped your role...and it happened to be to that one! Thanks to the curse on Jesse from OB.)

• Love 1

In theory, I love the idea of a mystery puzzle game rather than a game play game, because I am terrible at reads! But I also did not have time to figure out the puzzle this time, so am glad everything worked out in the end! 

I keep thinking I should just stop playing since I don't have enough time to pay attention and am not good enough to figure anything out, but I also keep thinking next game is going to be the one that I really get it! Ah well.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Lisin said:

Which made me think "mmmm... I have a hankering to watch anything Idris Elba does ever all the time."

The first footage from The Dark Tower comes out next Sunday at something called EW Popfest!

I'm in for One Night!

11 so far, which means 14 roles.  Now to figure out which ones to use.

3 Wolves for sure.  DreamWolf, Werewolf, and a new type of Wolf to make up a little for the last One Night game.

The Prince shall make his first royal appearance as well.  The Witch needs a better outing to see how well she does in this group, so she's in.

Then the usual suspects: Robber, Troublemaker, Drunk, Insomniac, both Seer and Apprentice, two Masons and the Minion.  That makes 14. 

Does this work so far for everyone?  Any suggestions for changes?

• Love 2