Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Donor

So Bobby's wife knows about Keri. I guess I'm glad but ugh, what a time for her to be having to tolerate her husband's infidelity.

That was interesting the way Jeff handled Nick. It's risky to make a preemptive move like that though. Some people might take it as provocation, plus it sort of infringes on Jessica's personal agency, IMO.

"Very Morris Chestnut."? Oh, Yoli.

When your married lover is jealous and doesn't want you to date other men. Bobby is a pig AFAIC, and Keri is a fool.

Not sure how I feel about Jeff going around running offense for Jessica behind her back.

• Love 3

I find it really difficult to believe that Jessica is this naive. Didn't she do business with cutthroat businessmen, etc.? How can she believe Bobby so easily about his relationship with McGann and the death of Tony Deal when all these other powerful men doubt his integrity? She should be skeptical as hell and watching her back. These are dangerous men. McGann is an asshole with the "Barack" reference.

Jeff marking his territory with Nick was amusing. He noted the resemblance between Nick and Bobby. Does he know that they are brothers? I did like that he reached out to Angela who was being unreasonable. Jessica works in the mayor's office, she isn't the mayor. She needs to start looking for somewhere else to live and accept Jessica's help if needed.

Keri is embarrassing with this affair with scummy Bobby who should be embarrassed by his scumminess, but isn't. I wish his wife would blow his career up by surreptitiously outing his affair.

So Yoli's parents are undocumented and she is DACA. That is tough.

• Love 2

Keri is so very dumb. Bobby, who has ignored her for however long and snapped at her for asking about his wife, is suddenly full court press after he hears there are other men?  If I liked her, I'd feel sorry for her. If she had the backbone to permanently end things, I might come around. 

As for Bobby's wife - why is she still married to him? She's clearly miserable, so not sure what she's getting out of it.  They were separated five years ago, so I assume the marriage is for optics?  This is also a case of the show telling us rather than showing us this great, mighty, charismatic Bobby.  I've yet to see it.       

I wish Angela had come around on her own.  And I also wish she'd learn to pick up a phone before showing up at Jessica's apartment - both times.  I hope this is a genuine step in the right direction for the two of them.     

Jeff trying to slay Jessica's dragons after she put him on notice was interesting.  And a bit desperate.  We'll see how long they last.      

• Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 7:38 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

As for Bobby's wife - why is she still married to him? She's clearly miserable, so not sure what she's getting out of it.  They were separated five years ago, so I assume the marriage is for optics? 

Maybe because she was diagnosed MS. I can only imagine how scary it must be to have an unpredictable disabling disease. She  might be too afraid to be out there on her own with children. As horrible as that marriage to Bobby must be, it must be a relief to have someone there to provide physical, emotional and financial support. Also, as the mayor's wife, she has his influence and access to even more resources to help her than she would if they were divorced.

Edited by SimoneS
On 8/23/2019 at 12:03 AM, SimoneS said:

I find it really difficult to believe that Jessica is this naive. Didn't she do business with cutthroat businessmen, etc.? How can she believe Bobby so easily about his relationship with McGann and the death of Tony Deal when all these other powerful men doubt his integrity? She should be skeptical as hell and watching her back. These are dangerous men. McGann is an asshole with the "Barack" reference.

Jeff marking his territory with Nick was amusing. He noted the resemblance between Nick and Bobby. Does he know that they are brothers? I did like that he reached out to Angela who was being unreasonable. Jessica works in the mayor's office, she isn't the mayor. She needs to start looking for somewhere else to live and accept Jessica's help if needed.

Keri is embarrassing with this affair with scummy Bobby who should be embarrassed by his scumminess, but isn't. I wish his wife would blow his career up by surreptitiously outing his affair.

So Yoli's parents are undocumented and she is DACA. That is tough.

Yeah as a black man I din't like that Barack comment either or that the brotha didn't even respond. But that comment is classic insecure white guy.

• Love 1
On 8/26/2019 at 10:12 AM, SimoneS said:

Maybe because she was diagnosed MS. I can only imagine how scary it must be to have an unpredictable disabling disease. She  might be too afraid to be out there on her own with children. As horrible as that marriage to Bobby must be, it must be a relief to have someone there to provide physical, emotional and financial support. Also, as the mayor's wife, she has his influence and access to even more resources to help her than she would if they were divorced.

See, I don't think Bobby is providing much physical or emotional support.  Before her relapse, there were hints that he wasn't around much, whether because he's hitting the sheets with Keri or just long hours at the office. And she suspects, if not outright knows, about Keri, if she is checking Bobby's phone behind his back.  So I'm not seeing much peace of mind for her.    

It might be politically and financially expedient for her, though.     

• Love 1