Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking Bad Mafia

• Start Topic

The Crazed Spruce - “Cursed with Terrible Power”

Yeah, no s***... :)

I had @Drogo pegged as a villain at first, because I was told he "gave something to somebody". (Again, very helpful clue....) Since nobody died in the first story, I figured that cleared him. The time-delayed kill was what threw me.

Great game, though. The ambiguous alignments really kept things interesting.

• Love 2
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a really weird combination of powers, that delay kill was quite interesting

I am confused (though it is late)

Drogo poisoned OinkyBoinky

but OinkyBoinky swapped herself and Drogo - Doesn't that mean Drogo poisoned himself and used my vigilante gun to shoot OB who originally had it? what action did MMCS take that had the vigilante gun shoot her?

I do like how at the end it was Walt Gus and Jesse (and Gale but he was in few episodes), very dramatically appropriate for the TV show

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

That was a really weird combination of powers, that delay kill was quite interesting

but OinkyBoinky swapped herself and Drogo - Doesn't that mean Drogo poisoned himself and used my vigilante gun to shoot OB who originally had it? what action did MMCS take that had the vigilante gun shoot her?

I do like how at the end it was Walt Gus and Jesse (and Gale but he was in few episodes), very dramatically appropriate for the TV show

Yeah, Drogo technically poisoned himself that lady night. But OB still shot MMCS. Her actions didn't swap, just the actions applied to her. Since Drogo was the only villain, he had to be killed twice and there were no longer enough players to DL him during the day. 

4 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Yeah, no s***... :)

I had @Drogo pegged as a villain at first, because I was told he "gave something to somebody". (Again, very helpful clue....) Since nobody died in the first story, I figured that cleared him. The time-delayed kill was what threw me.

When you were DLed and you were sharing what you knew , I realized how terrible it was. Was aiming for limited investigation information (it's hard to balance powers with only one villain!), but that was a little excessive. Thanks for being a good sport about it! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, egavasc said:

For the record, you were all Heroes except for Drogo. And MuuMuuChainsmoker who was just a wildcard. 

Finally, an explanation for the lack of alignment in our PMs. 

And I was right about Drogo being a (the) Villain again, but no one, including me, was convinced.  Ain't it always the way.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Hanged Man said:

I had the same thought. I was going to keep swapping with Drogo until he killed himself.

Great game. I really liked my ability. 

Yay I have been suffering from the posting glitch all night. You guys posting and I couldn't. 

• Love 1

@Hanged Man my other idea was to swap you and Drogo and use your gun to shoot you (now him) but the two kill would have ruined that plan also.

I was a little worried about leaving you and MuuMuu for the last day because if they killed me there was no swap option to flip the villain kill back. 

Drogo saying he could protect 3 people and for the whole game didn't sound right so I thought that was just a cover for why villains weren't dying. No hero gets that specific ability to protect just certain heroes.

Caprice I got you killed - sorry hon- the night I hid behind you.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, egavasc said:

Yeah, Drogo technically poisoned himself that lady night. But OB still shot MMCS. Her actions didn't swap, just the actions applied to her. Since Drogo was the only villain, he had to be killed twice and there were no longer enough players to DL him during the day. 

wouldn't it have just been a stalemate vote (another no DL day)  and I could get him killed that night? 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, egavasc said:

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question though. 

12 hours ago, egavasc said:

You are a small time meth dealer and user whose involvement in the drug trade depends on the status of your friendship with Jesse Pinkman.

I was just wondering if this comment about friendship with Jesse (on Skinny Pete and Badger's descriptions) actually had any effect on gameplay, or if it was just for dramatic effect.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Drogo saying he could protect 3 people and for the whole game didn't sound right so I thought that was just a cover for why villains weren't dying.

This was strategy to (a) win over Gale/HangedMan + Jesse/MMCS and (b) isolate Gus/OB to the point that he was a credible Villain. Also I needed to explain away the info Spruce provided about me "giving" something N1.  Nobody voted to DL me since CP did on Day 2 so I'll log that one as a viable strategy. 

No hero gets that specific ability to protect just certain heroes.

There were a lot of powers in this game we haven't seen before.  TJ's stealing things, MMCS' win condition of surviving 3 days, HM's inventions he couldn't use himself... very fun stuff.  This game's recap was a truly OMG!reveal. 

2 hours ago, Dougal said:

So Walter won only to die of self-inflicted wounds a day later? Fitting.

Walt's still alive and making that 99%.  He was a two-kill and only poisoned/DL'd once.

Fun fact... if instead of shooting Jesse/MMCS on N6, OB had shot me and swapped with me, the Heroes would have won with Jesse instead of me because I would have been killed twice.  Right @egavasc?

1clqnw.jpg

Caprice I got you killed - sorry hon- the night I hid behind you.  

Your conscience is cleared... you didn't get her killed.  [I didn't perform any actions on caprice N5, the night she actually died, I performed them on N4 before so the swap.  If I'd submitted the action on N5 when you were hiding behind/swapping with her, you would have died instead of her and that would have been bAd for buSiness.]

walt%20jesse%20hug%20breaking%20bad.gif

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Big hugs+congratulations to the best unofficial Partner In Crime ever, @MuuMuuChainsmoker -- It took a lot of faith to trust that I was good and/or wouldn't kill her even though killing her would have probably helped my cover.  She only had to make it to Day 3 but she made it to the last story and would've lived happily ever after with me if it hadn't been for you pesky kids and your Great Dane. 

**I also told the Mods N1 that I was going to stay away from killing MMCS, OB or Bob -- those 3 are always out too early but got a nice lifespan this round. 

Edited by Drogo
blabla
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I was just wondering if this comment about friendship with Jesse (on Skinny Pete and Badger's descriptions) actually had any effect on gameplay, or if it was just for dramatic effect.

Gotcha! Yeah, that's just color. 

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Fun fact... if instead of shooting Jesse/MMCS on N6, OB had shot me and swapped with me, the Heroes would have won with Jesse instead of me because I would have been killed twice.  Right @egavasc?

OB was debating swapping with you, but I told her specifically she was not allowed to aim the gun at herself. So she could shoot you, but if she swapped with you it would have killed her. 

Not flogging an undead horse but isn't the reason when there are two players left - one good- one bad- why the game goes to the villain is because they have the night kill? Drogo couldn't kill me that night or the next.

No, OB, you're totally right. I should have known the Bus Driver would come back to bite me! When it came down to the end, I knew that you had to aim your gun at Drogo in order to end the game and you didn't. But I didn't think about the fact that at the end of the night that the swaps were still in play. It is very probable that this should have been a Town (+MMCS who would win regardless) win. My deepest apologies. 

I'm going to say that everyone except me is a winner here. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, egavasc said:

What!! no way. You were a great mod.  I love when it is done to the schedule. 

The clues were hard but I never expect to solve them.

I know I have to mod one or help mod but I am so clueless as to how you guys do this and the show I could mod - Madmen has been done.

I could do or help with Walking Dead. Maybe you have done that already.

You draw the roles at random I believe but then you add the frills and special abilities to the characters?

You draw the roles at random I believe but then you add the frills and special abilities to the characters?

Usually we ( or at least I) create all the roles with their abilities and then assign at random. When Did and I ran our DC game, I did a special draw first from the more experienced players to assign the Human Target character and then did the rest randomly from all.

• Love 1

Like Mark, for the Mad Men game, I came up with a list of possible characters and bounced it off my lovely co-mod. When we had that sorted, I added the powers and bounced the list off her again to make sure things were somewhat proportional. Then, and only then, did I draw names and characters from hats.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, egavasc said:

Excellent game, do not beat yourself up. It was hard and since the source material made it nearly impossible to determine who the villains even though we knew the the characters it was intense and there was mistrust the entire game.

I really enjoyed the game. Thanks!

• Love 4