Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking Bad Mafia

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

3. You are dropping hints that possibly only close watchers of the show will get and either you are thinking only the good guys will get it or it is another breadcrumb type of thing to fall back on or back off of if someone else claims your same character

Sorry, I'll try to stop laughing at this - I said before the game started I'd never watched, and am only pulling stuff off of the wiki.

And yes I'm aware Villains would read my hints too, but I have to try to hint at who I am. Otherwise we all just flail about.

• Love 2
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

That wasn't out of convenience, Lady caprice - I was trying to be brief.  As far as I'm concerned you're on the side of good.  I said so much in a previous post today and even expressed the hope that someone would protect you.  *Also, I never started a DL on CP,  I just posted about The Lego Movie and Chris Pratt. 

I actually thought you and CP were Masons.

Clearly that last bump was a little too strong. You're right - she started one on you and died afterward.

Being a Mason doesn't give you a Night action. My statement was that I didn't have a "group of people" with whom I could talk about Night actions.

• Love 1

Okay, I went back over my incredibly vague insider information, and compared it to what happened in the stories, and I'm pretty sure I misinterpreted what I knew about @Drogo. So as far as I'm concerned, dude, you're in the clear. I'm not 100% clear on @TJtrack99, but it's likely you're one of the good guys. (Which is a relative term in this game, I know....)

I'm not so sure I trust @Hanged Man, though....

3 to DL Hanged Man (MMCS, Drogo,TCS) 2 to keep  it rockin in good old Watts

• Love 1

I just re-read and I don't see HM hinting at any character. 

I went off the DL for other reasons but I think we have to get something done here.  

Sorry HM if I am wrong... too much vote splitting and DL avoidance going on...

5 to DL Hanged Man (MMCS, Drogo, TCS, caprice,Oinky Boinky) zero to cross fingers

Damn  I'm sorry going back to my original reason not to do this....

taking my self off again 

4 to DL Hanged Man (MMCS, Drogo, TCS, caprice) 1 to, uhh, make a point?

Indecision is the hobgoblin of a weak mind but I hope I prove strong on this. 

*Mod Note*

Three important things

• Day ended at 6:45am EDT this morning, and we have been in Twilight since then.
  • The final vote on the DL against Hanged Man was cast after the deadline and therefore the vote does not count and the DL did not go through.
  • Most importantly, if you are the closing vote on a DL you CANNOT take back that vote. The closing vote will effectively end Day and any actions on the DL after that will be ignored. Please be certain if you are closing a vote.

This said, we are in Twilight which will end at 6:45 pm EDT. Please get your Twilight actions in. Game talk may continue until the story is posted.

• Love 2

I'm alive! WooHoo!

2 hours ago, Oinky Boinky said:

I believe HM was given the ability to see that I am good and I am trusting that that would not be granted to a bad guy. 

Nope, random guess.

Ok at least 1 person maybe 2 voting to DL me is a villain. It's not OB (Or else I am being conned) so: MMCS, Drogo, TCS, caprice. I have rules about never trusting caprice, and TCS and they probably have similar rules about me. So I suspect MMCS is a villain. I have no proof of this and it is just a suspicion

• Love 1

Not feeling good about OB or HM at the moment. That was some grade A vote dodging. Maybe an inside job. 

MMCS, TCS and caprice are all okay in my book. They came to do something. 

TJ, I want to trust you too. Can you tell us why you trust HM?

29 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

I'm alive! WooHoo!

Nope, random guess.

Ok at least 1 person maybe 2 voting to DL me is a villain. It's not OB (Or else I am being conned) so: MMCS, Drogo, TCS, caprice. I have rules about never trusting caprice, and TCS and they probably have similar rules about me. So I suspect MMCS is a villain. I have no proof of this and it is just a suspicion

Interesting. Not the thing about me, which, really?  But back to the point, a friend of mine shared that suspicion of MMCS.

• Love 1

That was true, honest, and embarrassing waffling and nothing dodgy or planned.  

I was not aware day was over and not aware of no take backs of a closing vote.  

Sorry. It did turn out to be out of my hands so I did all that mind bending for naught.  

• Love 1

Hopefully somewhere there is a hero that can do something and can give a hint at who we should be targeting. I am not that hero. I cannot do anything, I can only encourage players to make good decisions and take care of themselves.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Hanged Man said:

BTW How sure are we that Drogo is a hero?

-I will answer your question with a question: can you trust him even though he put your life at risk that one time?

-And OB I trust for now too, I'd even go so far as to say she's more likely a Hero than Drogo. If I had to guess, of course, this is all guesswork.

-Ah, if only we could check other people's alignment...

-Could really use some protection over here toNight.

• Love 1

Night 3

Saul Goodman sat in his office going over paperwork. If he had realized how much paperwork there was, he might not have ever chosen law for his line of work. He was, of course, treading the fine line of legality. Walking his clients just up to this side of legality, operating on the fringes. It meant he needed some extra security and an endless supply of burner phones but the money, oh the money, was worth it.

The phone rang. His secretary said that Skyler White was on the line and then put her through.

“And how can I help you today?” Saul asked, a mild exasperation in his voice. The White’s had put more than their fair share of dollars into his bank account but has also put more of their fair share of wrinkles permanently into his forehead.

“I’m having trouble with the books.” Skyler said.

“Of course you are. Now what did I tell you, a car wash is not a big cash business. You really should have gone with a laundromat or a nail salon. Much safer bets for your purposes. But no, you had to go with the car wash.”

“We have the car wash now. We could probably stand to build a chain of car washes eventually, which will only help in the long run. But I could really use your help now.” Skyler said as nicely as she could stand. Hearing another “I told you so” was not what she needed in her day.

“Fine, fine. Schedule an appointment with my secretary and we’ll give those books a once over.

“Thanks Saul.”

“Happy to collect my fee!” He said. The White’s were definitely paying for his retirement home, maybe somewhere tropical.  

Still Breaking Bad

• TJTrack99 
  • HangedMan  
  • Drogo 
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker 
  • The Crazed Spruce 
  • Oinky Boinky 
  • caprice 
  • Dougal 
  • SVNBob

On a Trip to Belize

•  CuriousParker - Skinny Pete

There are no clues in the story. Night actions are due in by 9:30pm EDT Sunday. Enjoy the bar! 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, egavasc said:

Guys. I need all the alcohol. All of it. Story will go up sometime tomorrow.

Okay. You can have alcohol. I was watching the debate and will need all the valium.

• Love 2

*Perks up* Booze? I do like booze. On the plus side, extended playoff/World Series runs get expensive and sometimes employers don't understand that baseball is more important, so from a general life and living perspective it's probably for the best the Rangers are out. On the other hand our starting pitching picked a bad time to be a Parisian sewer fire.

Was there a debate? Who the hell schedules a debate for a day of MLB playoffs and the NFL? It's like they don't want people to pay attention.

• Love 2

Day 4

Hank Schrader's cell phone chimed in his pocket. He selected that ring tone specifically as it was particularly chipper and he needed chipper things in his life from time to time. He certainly wasn’t going to get it in his line of work. Sure, he got to take out scum who were literally poisoning the people of his community. But it felt like for every bastard he took down, three more came in to take his place. Moreover, by that time the poison that is meth would have taken roots that were near impossible to break. So yeah. Chipper ring tones couldn’t do much but he’d take what he could get.

“ASAC Schrader.”

“Is this Hank Schrader, married to Marie Schrader?” The voice on the other line asked.

“Yes, it is.” He said, his voice anxious. “Who is this and why are you calling?”

“Sir this is Presbyterian Hospital. Your wife has been in an accident.”

“No, no she hasn’t. I’ve fallen for this before.” Hank said in disbelief that anyone would try this trick twice. “How did you get this number? How did you get this number!”

“Sir, she has and it’s quite serious. We need you to come down here right away. We found your number in her phone’s emergency contacts.”

“Okay, so you have her wallet. If you have her wallet, give me her driver’s license number. Then I might give you the benefit of the doubt.”

“Okay sir. I have it here. The number is 249750283. Would you please come to the hospital?”

“Shit. Shit! Marie!” Hank cried out in anguish. He shut the phone and ran as quickly as he could to his car, pulling out his keys in one swift motion. He raced down the crimson streets, stained with mud from the recent rains, cursing that he ever doubted. Cursing the bastards who made him ever second guess that his wife could actually be in danger. But for all of ASAC Schrader’s haste and hurry, he would be too late. His wife died in the hospital from complications caused in a head on collision. Anyone who had seen her totalled midnight blue VW Bug (it was the closest they had to purple) would have said it was a miracle that she even made it to the hospital. A hit and run, Hank swore there would be justice if it was the last thing he would ever do.

Still Breaking Bad 

• HangedMan  
  • Drogo 
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker 
  • The Crazed Spruce 
  • Oinky Boinky 
  • caprice 
  • Dougal 
  • SVNBob

On a Trip to Belize

•  CuriousParker - Skinny Pete
  • TJTrack99 - Marie Schrader

There is one clue in the story. Day will last until a DL is reached or approx 5:30 pm EDT Tuesday afternoon. Good luck! 

• Love 2

I have no investigative powers, but I've decided not to automatically suspect Drogo this game, just for a change of pace. I reserve the right to change my mind but I figure we've got to be on the same team one of these games.  (And if I'm interpreting the comments correctly, I think our characters might be a team of sorts.) 

On the story, the DL number stood out.  If it's a code, I haven't figured it out yet.  

Maybe "Crimson Streets" = CS = Crazed Spruce? 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Oinky Boinky said:

Very sure, thank you.

I like this, @Oinky Boinky.  But I do have to do a little Told-You-So'ing about why TJ was withholding info... because he outed himself as an investigator.  You and I talking about it at length probably didn't help matters either. 

6 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

I've decided not to automatically suspect Drogo this game, just for a change of pace.

Thank you?  I think? 

GIF-not-sure-if-want-skeptical-squint-su

2 hours ago, egavasc said:

Still Breaking Bad 

• HangedMan  
  • Drogo 
  • MuuMuuChainsmoker 
  • The Crazed Spruce 
  • Oinky Boinky 
  • caprice 
  • Dougal 
  • SVNBob

There are at least three players out of eight that I'm inclined to trust at this time.  @MuuMuuChainsmoker, @Oinky Boinky, @caprice 

1c32yy.jpg

2 hours ago, egavasc said:

for every bastard he took down, three more came in to take his place.

This sounds like the old wives' tale about gray hairs. 

30 minutes ago, MuuMuuChainsmoker said:

On the story, the DL number stood out.  If it's a code, I haven't figured it out yet.  

Maybe "Crimson Streets" = CS = Crazed Spruce? 

Literally no Google results for that DL number, 249750283.  If we total them, we get 40.  It's not one of those numbers like 07734 that you can turn upside down to get a word.  If we break it into three 3-digit numbers they add up to 1282.  If we convert numbers to letters of the alphabet (which would be weird because of the zero*) we get BDIG*BHC. 

It's actually "the crimson streets" (so TCS) but I wonder if it's coincidence.  There are also other wood-related words in non-wood-related context, ex:  chipper, roots.  I'm willing to take a shot on it if we can't crack the code and/or find something better.  @The Crazed Spruce was speaking in my favor but I wonder if he wasn't just piggybacking on what TJ'd already said. 

Things came into pretty good focus for me during the night.

I absolutely trust:

@Hanged Man

@Drogo

@SVNBob (wish he was here to help)

@Oinky Boinky

If we have only 8 players left and at least 3 are bad - we need to get somewhere today.

I can go for a crazed spruce DL.  

1 to DL the Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky) a certain number to shake the trees.

Out to play golf and then Thanksgiving dinner but I will try to check in. 

Happy TG to all Canadians.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oinky Boinky said:

If we have assumed the drug production people including Walter White, his wife,  Saul, Gus, skinny Pete etc are the heroes, the enforcers are bad guys and wouldn't that include Marie Schrader?

Have we assumed that?

The driver's license number is at least the right number of digits for a New Mexico license:

driver-license-sample.jpg

• Love 1

At least one of the drug production people is good.  That, I know.  Knowing this, I assume that two other ones are good.  And I think I know who those two are. 

I'm not assuming anything else other than:

1. TJ and CP were definitely on the side of good... or they'd be alive. 
  2. We have to start taking shots, it's Day 4. 

2 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo), 3 to get cookin'

• Love 1

For the record, I'm innocent. Well, about as innocent as anyone else in this round, at least. I get that it's probably gonna fall on deaf ears, but it wouldn't be a good idea to kill me off.

I do have an investigative power, but the results I'm getting are incredibly vague, and aren't really all that helpful on their own. And again, I have no frikkin' idea what the clue is in the story.

• Love 1

Now I'm torn.  Sprucie isn't usually one for bluffing.  

That being said, we can't keep skipping DLs.   We should have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting a villain at this point.  Meanwhile, the villains (likely) have a 100% chance of getting their targets right. 

So I'm going to join this DL to try to make something happen, yo.  

3 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, MMCS) 2 to get cookin'

• Love 2

Ugggh, I don't know.

Looking over the story again:

The much discussed chipper ringtone is from this scene

Presbyterian Hospital is an Albuquerque hospital filmed at in the series.

The number does obviously stand out, but nothing promising on google: it's the ID number for a Chicago studio, some necklace on etsy, and a few other things that are no longer really available, along with a bunch of Chinese forums. And this thread, now.

"Crimson streets" does stand out a bit. Maybe "haste and hurry" too.

Marie did drive a purple-ish Bug. She was very very very into purple.

Anyway, I don't love the Spruce clue, but we have to do something and I'm going to bed, so..

4 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, MMCS, Dougal) 1 to break out the magnets

• Love 1

Drogo trusts @MuuMuuChainsmoker, @Oinky Boinky, @caprice 

Oinky trusts @Hanged Man @Drogo @SVNBob @Oinky Boinky

Players:

1. HangedMan  Trusted by someone
  2. Drogo  Trusted by someone
  3. MuuMuuChainsmoker Trusted by someone
  4. The Crazed Spruce
  5. Oinky Boinky Trusted by someone
  6. caprice Trusted by someone
  7. Dougal
  8. SVNBob Trusted by someone.

TCS and Dougal are outside circles of trust, so it makes sense to DL one. But I am going to be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a rocking chair factory if he turns out to be a hero.

5 to DL The Crazed Spruce (Oinky Boinky, Drogo, MMCS, Dougal) 0 to trash the brand new Challenger

• Love 1

And that's Day y'all! You may continue Game Talk until the Night story goes up. For those of you with Twilight actions, please get those in in the nearish future (12 hours ideally). 

• Love 1