Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: The Return of Studio 19

• Start Topic

Airs August 20, 2019

GiaNina and Sarah go head-to-head for their shot at dancing a solo at nationals while the team performs a group routine unlike anything done before; Michelle comes to blows with the other moms; a confrontation at competition sends Abby over the edge.

You know I am seeing this a lot on these "reality" shows.  When one person seems the weakest, the pile on or shall I say bullying is unbelieveable.  Now these people are not actors, so I tend to believe the person being attacked (in this case) is not playing a part.  I felt sorry for Michelle that she let these women push her around.  Telling her to get out.  Honestly I can't even imagine taking that shat from anyone but then I don't know how it is to have everyone coming at you all at once.  And the worst thing is the children hearing it all.  These mothers might be the worst Dance Moms has ever had.

• Love 4

So we know that this is all scripted and staged, but I hate that it might give people the idea that this is how competitive dancers act. We spend so many hours instilling respect, discipline, and camaraderie in our kids. Real dancers would never pull that crap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, lasandi said:

These mothers might be the worst Dance Moms has ever had.

My thoughts exactly. They're so vicious and they never stop. I've never  liked the fighting and jealousy and this season it's gone to a whole new level. Enough! Do the producers really think this is what we want to see?Because I'm here to watch the kids dancing as I think most viewers are. They need to put all these mom's in Hannibal Lector masks.

My 9 year old grandson is with me this week, and he just couldn't believe the behavior. He kept yelling at the tv and asking me why are they all so mean.

And not only is it affecting the kids ability to dance, some of them are starting to echo the mothers behavior. I don't remember this happening much in the past aside from some bullying of Brynn near the end of last season.

I love to watch Lily in particular - I think she has that certain something that Brynn had. But her mom- who by the way I thought was a psychologist (YIKES) is a never ending source of vitriol. I hope she doesn't destroy Lily's mental health.

• Love 3

I feel bad for Sarah. All of this drama seems to be taking a toll on her. Like they used to show kids crying but I feel like Sarah should have no reason to cry and the other moms are doing it because the producers don’t give a shit about the kids

• Love 4

Also I have a question. Are the producers rigging the show against the soloists? I feel like for the OG dancers they would always win and of course it was rigged but why not for the new ones?

11 hours ago, Saraher said:

Also I have a question. Are the producers rigging the show against the soloists? I feel like for the OG dancers they would always win and of course it was rigged but why not for the new ones?

It really is jarring to see the soloists placing so low. One major thing is that there often are winning solos from the ALDC, but for some reason they're choosing to cut them. Lilly had a beautiful solo during this competition that won 1st...and we didn't get to see it. That's happened quite a few times this season, with ALDC dancers placing first with cut solos. I have no idea why Lifetime is editing it this way.

Edited by marinaalexis
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, marinaalexis said:

It really is jarring to see the soloists placing so low. One major thing is that there often are winning solos from the ALDC, but for some reason they're choosing to cut them. Lilly had a beautiful solo during this competition that won 1st...and we didn't get to see it. That's happened quite a few times this season, with ALDC dancers placing first with cut solos. I have no idea why Lifetime is editing it this way.

That's interesting. I was just wondering this same thing of why they're placing so low in RIGGED competitions. The only thing I can think of is that the editors really want to reinforce the narrative of ALDS needing to desperately make a comeback and still being in a downswing.

Also, I cannot get over how much Sarah reminds me of Kristen Bell, and I think that little girl is going to grow up and try to burn the world down, Veronica Mars-style after all this craziness.

• Love 2

Best moments of last show:

*Hannah and Anne doing their little Fosse maneuver together 

* Presley telling the girls to stop arguing because “we sound like our moms and that’s not OK!”  Way to go, Presley!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 8/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, TomGirl said:

* Presley telling the girls to stop arguing because “we sound like our moms and that’s not OK!”  Way to go, Presley!

I was blown away when Presley said that.  That was really mature and articulate and I hope we see more of that from her

• Love 2