Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: I Shall Be Released

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Still struggling from the loss of a close friend, Jax joins Xander and her fellow cadets in responding to an emergency distress call from a secret lab only to discover that a deadly experiment has infected the scientists and now the cadets are infected as well.

Airdate: August 6, 2019

Space zombies -- really ?  How original ?

Bright spot of the episode -- 'Counting Blue Cars' by Dishwalla, when Thomas and Atria were on their picnic.

Duvall: "Watch your backs.  Watch your fronts.  You can't hack the mainframe if you're dead."
Who writes this crap ?

Those 2 new cadets might as well have been wearing red shirts.

Still no mention of the funky hole on New Portland -- that could change the universe -- or the creatures guarding it.

• Love 3

I never thought that one cadet would die from somebody nibbling on her shoulder. Put the zombie in a bunny costume and the cadet in a carrot costume and you would have had the most adorable death ever filmed on television.

Was there really a war or just two rival corporations with great PR departments vying for market share?

Why is Jax the only student with a roommate? As many students as Jax has gotten killed, there should be plenty of empty dorm rooms on campus.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That's exactly what I thought.

11 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Bright spot of the episode -- 'Counting Blue Cars' by Dishwalla,

And yes.

I had to fast forward when they were walking anywhere. I know they were trying to be stealthy but we're watching here.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 11:30 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Same for having main characters get infected, and a ship on its way to destroy everything, although just one of those tropes is usually considered enough to create the sense of urgency to wrap things up by the end of the episode.

The fact that they were all wearing very cheap uniforms this episode reminded me this must be the laxest fictional military academy in sci fi. They don't seem to have to attend classes if they don't want to, don't usually wear uniforms, are allowed to run around stealing ships and not getting on trouble at all. 

Oh, god the highly cringeworthy, awkward sex talk. Why? Does anyone actually speak like that after sex? If you want to ask if the other person felt an emotional connection there are about 5000 other ways to say it. This is like a first time writer was trying to write a role play for teens to do in sex ed about the feelings sex might bring up. Again, Atria didn't previously seem so socially awkward about non clone humans. That whole storyline was chemistry free and obnoxious anyway. 

Jax continues to bitch, whine and scream her way through the episodes in situations where she knows nothing with no nuance at all. It's episod 4 and I'm sick of her parents' death already. 

Space zombies, how original. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3