Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Through the Valley of Shadows

• Start Topic

As tempers fray aboard the ship, the crew suits up for an expedition to an uncharted planet; On Earth, Erik tries to decode a clue from the artifact

Premiere date: July 25, 2019

What on earth was happening with that poor girl's body? It looked like it was completely distorting itself, even reshaping bones. Was she the one in the cave breathing the planet's atmosphere (I couldn't tell who she was with the helmet on)? You know something bad was going to come from that.

You'd think the rest of the crew would be more concerned with getting the coms fixed; after all, they have families they'd like to contact, too.

Yeah but the other guy who let his mask down was fine so I don't know if it was her. It could be those soil samples. 

On 8/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, Tyro49 said:

You'd think the rest of the crew would be more concerned with getting the coms fixed; after all, they have families they'd like to contact, too.

The woman in charge of communication won't stfu with all the blistering editorial commentary rather than do her job though. I don't mind someone who is a hot head but she's really one note. 

I think I'd prioritize the ftl drive and ship sensors though. You can always call later. 

I like the scientists plot. 

I don't like the news woman. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic

That took an odd turn. Why did notStarbuck space captain woman tell the crew that she killed 2nd-in-command douchebag as if it was not justified self-defense? I did not even hear her mention the knife he was holding. Do the writers think that the Salvare crew needs the additional drama of the captain being a premeditated murderer? 

The Earth-side stories are already wearing thin. The gossip blogger woman is a big turn-off, but I fear she is going to be prominent since the show's opening scene had her in it. 
And it looks as if Scientist Single Dad is going to be having the occasional eureka moment in between heartfelt moments with Cute Kid. 

Speaking of Cute Kid - I don't think I have ever noticed so much hair and makeup styling on a child character before. As with the Salvare crew -  it stand out - and not in the good way..

It is probably not a good sign that no character's name has stuck with me as of yet. Okay, I do recall Niko..

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, shrewd.buddha said:

That took an odd turn. Why did notStarbuck space captain woman tell the crew that she killed 2nd-in-command douchebag as if it was not justified self-defense? I did not even hear her mention the knife he was holding. Do the writers think that the Salvare crew needs the additional drama of the captain being a premeditated murderer? 

The short answer is: yes, they do. Or this is a ham-fisted attempt to show us that Nico is in doubt about her actions and this is a massive guilt-trip (on a better written show it could turn into a character study about her insecurities). Or she does not want to besmirch his memory because she's too honorable. Probably all of the above.

• Love 2

This show suffers from lack of communication and millennial idiocy. These people would all rather fight than try to work together and stay alive. Also, when the one chick has her seizure, the one dude had been with her on the asteroid... anyone want to put 2 and 2 together on this genius crew?

On 8/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, Ottis said:

This show suffers from lack of communication and millennial idiocy. These people would all rather fight than try to work together and stay alive. Also, when the one chick has her seizure, the one dude had been with her on the asteroid... anyone want to put 2 and 2 together on this genius crew?

Because the crew is so forgettable, I assumed the same thing. But it was a different girl, and it was someone else who caused it. Mild spoiler: the two breathing in alien air has absolutely no damaging effect on them, for all the screen time they spent on it, which surprised me. But that event does lead to them hooking up later, so maybe that was the point.