Type keyword(s) to search

The Fancy Room

• Start Topic

I've never been into movies or anything with vampires so I've been surprised that this has become one of my favorite shows, especially since I didn't think the movie was funny nor did I get more than halfway through it the first time. I gave it a second shot recently but didn't particularly like it any better. This show is just so good! Anyway, as someone who still does not understand the fascination people have with vampires, it's a testament to how damn good this show is!

• Like 2
  • Love 3

COVID-19 has put a damper on a lot of things for me. I liked going to comic book shows and conventions, partially so I could commission artists for sketches. These days, I've had to do that online and send out blank-covered comics. It's usually sturdy cardboard wrapped around a comic, great for an artist to draw on.

In the latest run of the Deadpool comic book, Wade Wilson has become king of the monsters, and he has set up shop on Staten Island. That's the borough where I live. I figure WWDITS represents the borough well, even though they film in Toronto. I sent a blank to Sean Von Gorman, who was familiar with the show, and I told him what I wanted. This was the end result.

deadpool01-gizmo.thumb.jpg.8c77ab5bdb17f2e6f59a500e90d308d8.jpg

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

COVID-19 has put a damper on a lot of things for me. I liked going to comic book shows and conventions, partially so I could commission artists for sketches. These days, I've had to do that online and send out blank-covered comics. It's usually sturdy cardboard wrapped around a comic, great for an artist to draw on.

In the latest run of the Deadpool comic book, Wade Wilson has become king of the monsters, and he has set up shop on Staten Island. That's the borough where I live. I figure WWDITS represents the borough well, even though they film in Toronto. I sent a blank to Sean Von Gorman, who was familiar with the show, and I told him what I wanted. This was the end result.

deadpool01-gizmo.thumb.jpg.8c77ab5bdb17f2e6f59a500e90d308d8.jpg

If you have an instagram account, you should totally share that with Harvey Guillen!

• Love 2

My husband got me a couple of Nadja items for my birthday and I was overjoyed! They're amazing and I wanted to share. 🥰

This is Nadja and Nadja doll. They're separate dolls and individually made when ordered.

capture.thumb.png.7d2f13f215b8a2af47dce9bf9c536323.png

Here's the Etsy shop that made them. I'm quite tempted to buy more things. They're all so adorable! https://www.etsy.com/shop/PlanetGloom?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=839874855

He also bought me a print of the Nadja in the gold outfit in the opening credits and framed it. It's really high quality. No idea how he found this one. Sorry.

I'm still on the lookout for an actual Nadja doll. I really, really hope one exists someday and I can purchase it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 9/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, Catfi9ht said:

My husband got me a couple of Nadja items for my birthday and I was overjoyed! They're amazing and I wanted to share. 🥰

This is Nadja and Nadja doll. They're separate dolls and individually made when ordered.

Here's the Etsy shop that made them. I'm quite tempted to buy more things. They're all so adorable! https://www.etsy.com/shop/PlanetGloom?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=839874855

He also bought me a print of the Nadja in the gold outfit in the opening credits and framed it. It's really high quality. No idea how he found this one. Sorry.

I'm still on the lookout for an actual Nadja doll. I really, really hope one exists someday and I can purchase it.

This crafter is going to need to hire more staff! Looks like currently sold out, however...

There is a Lazlo doll as well! Wearing the witch's hat that has a big bloody curse on it! 

The site is well worth visiting!

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
On 9/9/2021 at 9:58 AM, Catfi9ht said:

Is it this one? There are a few places you can find it, like Etsy and RedBubble, which is more than when I looked a season ago! Etsy has quite a few shops that sell great WWDitS stuff! I really want either the Puritan Nadja print or the one with her and Lazlo holding hands, but on canvas so I can pretend it's a real painting. 😄

ETA: And I agree about the Nadja doll! I keep looking for it, but have been unsuccessful so far.

Edited by Zanne

Curious if anyone else attended the panel at New York Comic Con today. They showed the next episode, then they brought out Matt, Nastasia, Harvey and a few writers Kayvan was on Zoom from Toronto.

Also, I got swag for coming: a see-through fanny pack. No, really. I’ll shrink the image and post later. It looks like something Colin Robinson would wear.

• Love 5
On 9/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, Catfi9ht said:

I was poking through the thread, and I'm tickled seeing that after looking at Guillermo's homemade dolls of himself and Nandor in the latest episode.

• Love 6

I went to Flame Con this past weekend, wound up getting this sketch of the Nadjas by Sammy Newman.

1162961070_Nadjadoll.jpg.9bdfa38b3a7d820f349b46eaba8c9e62.jpg

Flame Con's main deal is being all-inclusive, and a lot of the vendors and artists had WWDITS stuff on sale. One of  Sammy's samples was Nador and Guillermo, and I decided to pitch him Nadja and Little Nadja. The idea was well-received.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2