Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Salty Ain't Just For Food!

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Comparison topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I've just started watching Potomac and am currently halfway through season two.  I can't find forums, here or anywhere else, for these seasons.  Even the catch-all thread here starts later, in 2019.  The only recaps I can find are on Vulture, and it requires a subscription.  Can anyone help me?  I'll be super excited to join you guys once I get to season four, but right now I'm all alone!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, lasu said:

I've just started watching Potomac and am currently halfway through season two.  I can't find forums, here or anywhere else, for these seasons.  Even the catch-all thread here starts later, in 2019.  The only recaps I can find are on Vulture, and it requires a subscription.  Can anyone help me?  I'll be super excited to join you guys once I get to season four, but right now I'm all alone!

Unfortunately, the earlier posts in the catch all thread were lost when they merged everything and converted into the new site.  It was one of the few forums that had an error in the transfer.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Unfortunately, the earlier posts in the catch all thread were lost when they merged everything and converted into the new site.  It was one of the few forums that had an error in the transfer.

Dang. I can't find anything anywhere.  Here or anywhere on the internet, and I know there is simply no way this was the only site talking about them back then.   I hate when my google-fu fails me.

1 hour ago, lasu said:

Dang. I can't find anything anywhere.  Here or anywhere on the internet, and I know there is simply no way this was the only site talking about them back then.   I hate when my google-fu fails me.

I miss RHOP. Not sure when the next season starts. We will have to get a new topic up and running. Who do you like so far? Miss these crazy ladies! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

I miss RHOP. Not sure when the next season starts. We will have to get a new topic up and running. Who do you like so far? Miss these crazy ladies! 

I just started a thread for a season one rehash.  I'll start one for season two when I finish it, if someone doesn't before me.

Since I got so many request for the story, the moderator ask that we discuss in the Small Talk Thread. So I am posting the entire FOL experience here for anyone interested.

The producers of the show (Flavor of Love 2) came to Houston and a friend of my cousin worked on the show (nothing special he probably did lunch orders.) So I let my cousin, her friend and my sister hype me up to go down there and audition. Now mind you, no way I wanted to date this man, I just thought it would be funny and a fun story to tell at dinner parties. I 100% thought it was never going to happen. That club was PACKED so a lot of us desperate ho's was out there in full force waiting on our 3 seconds of fame. Scoping out the competition, I thought I had a better chance being elected president of Russia. So my sister had the bright idea for her, my other friends who came along and my cousin to "pretend" they were my "entourage" and wherever I go they go. I had what looked like a really expensive Chloe bag (which I purchased on Canal Street during a trip to NY) but this was before DHGate etc. so people didn't really know you could buy fake bags. Anyway, allll of this really caught their eye. I answered a few questions, they took some pictures, and we went about our business. We all thought it was funny and just a fun Friday night out. 2 weeks later I get a call asking me to come back and talk to the producers of the show. I tell my sister and I'm thinking what have I let y'all clowns get me into. I don't want to be on this show. But what did I do instead? If you guessed take my dumb ass back you would be correct. Once again, they hyped me up and I took my dumb ass down there AGAIN for shits and giggles thinking it was going to be the end of the line. You get the picture now. So about a month later, you guessed it THEY. CALLED. ME. BACK. Wanted to fly me to L.A. to do an on camera interview and at that point I decided the joke had went too far and I declined. They gave me 72 hours to think about it so then I knew they were serious about me being on the show. Told me they would keep in touch for other opportunities, but I never heard from them again.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I wonder what name Flav would have bestowed upon you.

I would have suggested Boofish but I suspect it would have been Granny. I was a whole 38. THE HORROR. I think part of my appeal was back then I could pass for mid 20s. The good old days 😂😂 

Boofish been my southern childhood nickname all my life and still is (I'm 56 and at my wedding my Uncle called me boofish 🥴)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4