Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Putt Up or Shut Up

• Start Topic

ABC's new mini golf show with Stephen Curry as Exec. Producer.

I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would.  My only real complaint is that we didn't see more of the early holes. And not enough Kenny G. (But is there ever enough Kenny G?)

• Love 2

I don't remember laughing this hard at an American TV show in years. Hosts straight (or not) out of a Christopher Guest movie and an endless stream of references to balls, holes, logs, bananas, and mounts . . . This was a surreal, Freudian fantasy experience and I cannot wait to watch the rest of the season.

"And she puts it in with Kenny G. playing right in her face."

"That elixir from the gods that comes out of his horn probably soothed her and put her in a relaxed state, actually."

LOLOL

• LOL 4

As someone who was more interested in the competition, I wish they dialed back the comedic schtick (a lot), and showed more of the matches. I liked what they did with the holes, but was puzzled with how they edited so much out. Maybe it was too easy?

I thought Curry looked really ill at ease.

8 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

I don't remember laughing this hard at an American TV show in years. Hosts straight (or not) out of a Christopher Guest movie and an endless stream of references to balls, holes, logs, bananas, and mounts . . . This was a surreal, Freudian fantasy experience and I cannot wait to watch the rest of the season.

Adding to that , for me, as a kid “putt putt” was the family term for passing gas, so this show is pure comedy gold for us. 

I about died at Putt Bunyan.

Yes, I am a 43 year old woman with the sense of humor of an 8 year old boy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The best part was when the lumberjack missed a winning putt and went "FART!" and Rob Riggle actually broke and started laughing. I also wish we got to see more of the actual mini-golfing element. WAAYYYYY too much time spent on contestants being "quirky" in talking heads when they should have had more of them actually talking on the course. Regardless, I'll keep watching. It's good mindless summer entertainment!

• Love 3
On 6/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, shantown said:

The best part was when the lumberjack missed a winning putt and went "FART!" and Rob Riggle actually broke and started laughing. I also wish we got to see more of the actual mini-golfing element.

My favorite part was when Riggle started encouraging the lumberjack to push his first competitor into the water. Following it up with, "I'm going to go down there and push him into the water.  Heh.