Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Chapter 2

Bort

While Myfanwy revisits the crime scene in search of her past, Monica discovers a dark truth about one of the victims - her lover and fellow agent. One of Myfanwy's dead attackers disappears from the morgue.

Airdate: Sunday, July 7, 2019

• Love 1

My favorite scene was when the lady says "Don't mollify me Conrad, I've had quite enough of your silver tongue." And you realize that she is the one that is having an affair with Conrad, so the phrase could have been an inappropriate reference to that, at her fellow worker's expense. Then they ruin the scene by mentioning it again, later in the show for all the people who missed it the first time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

My favorite scene was when the lady says "Don't mollify me Conrad, I've had quite enough of your silver tongue." And you realize that she is the one that is having an affair with Conrad, so the phrase could have been an inappropriate reference to that, at her fellow worker's expense. Then they ruin the scene by mentioning it again, later in the show for all the people who missed it the first time. 

It is so twisted that Conrad knocks out the husband so they can do it three feet away.

Also, it was interesting the way he said he was surprised Linda didn't know Myfawny was the target, almost as if he didn't really believe it.

• Love 4
Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Also, it was interesting the way he said he was surprised Linda didn't know Myfawny was the target, almost as if he didn't really believe it.

It seems like everybody in the building knows what Myfawny's power is, since the coroner says that the power used was not like the one Myfawny has.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

It seems like everybody in the building knows what Myfawny's power is, since the coroner says that the power used was not like the one Myfawny has.

They said transdermal. Apparently Myfanwy needs to touch people to use her powers on them.

• Love 1

I specifically re-read both books before this started, and I have to say I am really disappointed. They turned a quirky and funny supernatural series into the Bourne Identity! The whole idea is that nobody knows that Myfawny has amnesia, except the Mrs. Ferrier, who has been somehow transformed from the older woman in the books to  someone young and sexy. I don't recognize any of the characters except Gestalt and so far, not a Belgian in sight!

16 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Mrs. Ferrier, who has been somehow transformed from the older woman in the books to  someone young and sexy.

Joely Richardson is 54. If that's young, I feel much better about my age. (I do agree about the sexy, though)

• Love 5

I realize that Joey Richardson isn't all that young, but the Mrs. Farrier in the books is a prim elderly woman. I honestly didn't recognize the character on screen until they said who she was. 

I do find it kind of hilarious that Gestalt told Myfanway that their affair was a mistake and they should forget about it, but all four of them are running around all peeved that she's not pining away.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, AnimeMania said:

On 7/7/2019 at 8:48 PM, kariyaki said:

They said transdermal. Apparently Myfanwy needs to touch people to use her powers on them.

I got the impression that this is the official story, but Myfanwy is actually much more powerful than that.

Speculation on my part, not a genuine spoiler, but I will tag it as such anyway:

Spoiler

Farrier knows the truth, probably. Who else knows is up in the air. It's not clear that even pre-amnesia Myfanwy knew how powerful she is (is this the first time her memory has been zapped?) This is tied to her tragic backstory, presumably?

1 hour ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

I got the impression that this is the official story, but Myfanwy is actually much more powerful than that.

We've already seen that she is. Myfanwy whammied those fake bankers and she wasn't touching them. But everybody seems to be under the impression that she's a touch-only type of power.

• Love 1
On 7/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, kariyaki said:

We've already seen that she is. Myfanwy whammied those fake bankers and she wasn't touching them. But everybody seems to be under the impression that she's a touch-only type of power.

And even after the pathologist told Myfanwy that whoever killed the people on the bridge had a different power than hers, Myfanwy was still distraught about possibly being the one who killed them all (can't remember if that was before or after the bankers). So Myfanwy, at least, knows that her power isn't only transdermal.

• Useful 1

If pre- memory loss Myfanwy wanted to have a secret affair with a co-worker, maybe dont have it with someone who is 1/4 of a hive mind?

I am intrigued by this show, but I am really going to need it to lighten up or show a bit more personality soon. Not that it cant be a serious drama, but it seems so stuff and self serious right now. 

2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

If pre- memory loss Myfanwy wanted to have a secret affair with a co-worker, maybe dont have it with someone who is 1/4 of a hive mind?

Also, which one did Myfanwy have the affair with? Or did she do a fivesome?

25 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I think it was the one with the short hair that wears a lot of black, but I am not totally sure. Maybe she was hooking up with all of them individually, so it felt like she was with all of them? 

On 7/24/2019 at 4:18 PM, kariyaki said:

Not sure if this was shown this episode or in 3...

Spoiler

I assumed it was the female since the made out in the med clinic.