Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E32: Angel & Remy

GaT

Original Airdate 07/03/19

Nev and Elle King help Angel confront her online connection Remy, whose nonchalant attitude shocks them all.

(edited)

Apparently when Angel gave birth she blew out a few brain cells, because she sure was stupid. The guy sent you the link to the real guy's facebook, how did you still believe him?

Nev & Elle trying to convince Remy that he really did care for Angel was ridiculous. It was so obvious HE DID NOT CARE. He wouldn't even give his real name, he was talking to her best friend at the same time. What in that behavior would make anybody think he actually cared about Angel?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 7

This season is really turning me off to this show. It’s as though Nev is trying to create chaos and conflict instead of helping the person who came to him asking for help. I’d have kicked “Remy” to the curb right away, gotten that poor girl out of there and used the time to educate her on the ways of evil people who don’t give two shits about anyone but themselves.

• Love 4

I usually have very little sympathy for the “ catfishee” because they are usually after someone whose profile suggests they are way above what the person would usually attract. I thought Angel was adorable and actually better than the catfish or who the catfish was portraying. She seems like a naive, lonely girl who is home with an infant and abandoned by the baby’s father ( I guess) and was hoping for something to fill her empty life. Then to find out that your best friend betrayed you and that the catfish just wanted to be on television and had no feelings whatever. Harsh.

• Love 4

I just caught up on all the episodes from this season last night. That's some depressing television "marathoning" there. With the exception of this episode, it appears Catfish has done away with its budget for Airbnbs. 

The young girl in this one seemed terribly naive, but her mother seemed lovely and gracious. Also, I really like Elle King in the Max position. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

used the time to educate her on the ways of evil people who don’t give two shits about anyone but themselves.

This would be such an excellent and useful show. 

As soon as 'Remy' said he just wanted to be on TV, yeah I wouldn't have shown him one bit.  He would've been blurred out for the shots.

Angel needs to grow up pronto.  Terribly naïve and is prone to letting people walk all over her.  She's already got a baby with no baby daddy around.  So did he just use her and then dumped her when she was pregnant?  

They needed to do the world is full of evil and shitty people show with her.  Not that all people are that way, but be smart.  Do not be 100% trusting of everyone you meet, especially 'meeting' online.  

• Love 6

No way would an apartment complex's website show the name of the residents for public view.

Sorry to be so blunt, but Elle had such an odd butt area in those leopard leggings...her butt area extended from her waist to practically her knees.

1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

She seems like a naive, lonely girl who is home with an infant and abandoned by the baby’s father ( I guess) and was hoping for something to fill her empty life. Then to find out that your best friend betrayed you and that the catfish just wanted to be on television and had no feelings whatever. Harsh.

She also seems like an exhausted girl, which I'm sure she is.  Maybe that's why she seemed so completely unwilling/able to face reality, and really think or stand up for herself, even though she has a baby to consider in her potential boyfriend dealings.

The betrayal from her best friend is so far past unforgivable that I cannot conceive of it.  Truthfully, I'm not sure that Angel will be able to recover from the double-betrayal.  Usually the catfishee just has to recover from their trust being broken by a romantic partner, but they still have the support of their friends to trust.  Angel has neither.  Fortunately, she has her mom to turn to.

53 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

As soon as 'Remy' said he just wanted to be on TV, yeah I wouldn't have shown him one bit.  He would've been blurred out for the shots.

Love that idea!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

This season is really turning me off to this show. It’s as though Nev is trying to create chaos and conflict instead of helping the person who came to him asking for help. I’d have kicked “Remy” to the curb right away, gotten that poor girl out of there and used the time to educate her on the ways of evil people who don’t give two shits about anyone but themselves.

I've been thinking the same thing. They're so concerned about creating those twists and turns and surprises we NEVER saw coming that they're losing the point of the show. That said, I think this show needs a shakeup, but what I'd like to see is older people. We've been doing this late teens/early 20s schtick since the beginning and they all started looking the same a long time ago.

• Love 6

This show has been on well past its expiration date. When Dr. Phil is using the term “ catfish” and everyone now understands the term, it must be hard to find people who are truly being catfished and are not aware of it. Most of these scenarios seem contrived.

• Love 5