Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: What Say You?

• Start Topic

(edited)

So this is cool. The Danish National Symphony Orchestra perform the Rings of Power theme live. They do a lot of fantasy music, including the LOTR music. I hope they do some more ROP music.

Edited by Anduin
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/11/2024 at 10:01 AM, Anduin said:

Julien Gauthier did some concept art for ROP. Someone said he was the lead art director? He lists himself as freelance. Either way, he has some good pictures, I really like the first one, Sauron and Galadriel together. Anyway, enjoy.

Those are great! I particularly like the Númenor art especially this one

julien-gauthier-254-env-amdelynstreetsex

Presumably the statue is Elros and the star in his hand would be the Star of Eärendil.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, BookEater said:

Those are great! I particularly like the Númenor art especially this one

julien-gauthier-254-env-amdelynstreetsex

Presumably the statue is Elros and the star in his hand would be the Star of Eärendil.

Yep, it's pretty cool.

• Like 1

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings Of Power Soundtrack Box Set Is a 1000 Piece Limited Edition

lotr-soundtrack-3.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings Of Power Season 1 Soundtrack Box Set will be limited to 1000 sets.

A 10 CD set with:

8 CDs of the original orchestral recordings of each episode (Episodes 1-8, 4 digipaks x 2 discs) from THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER Season One.

The 2022 2-CD Mondo release of THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER Season One: Amazon Original Series Soundtrack.

A 136-page journal featuring Bear McCreary's episode-by-episode account and musings on the creative journey to bring the soul of Tolkien's world to life.

lotr-soundtrack.jpg

The boxed set is available for pre-order for around $150.00 with an expected ship date of April 26, 2024.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

LOTR_S2_Static2x3_2000x3000_PRE_FINAL_en

In season two of The Rings of Power, Sauron has returned. Cast out by Galadriel, without army or ally, the rising Dark Lord must now rely on his own cunning to rebuild his strength and oversee the creation of the Rings of Power, which will allow him to bind all the peoples of Middle-earth to his sinister will. Building on season one’s epic scope and ambition, the new season plunges even its most beloved and vulnerable characters into a rising tide of darkness, challenging each to find their place in a world that is increasingly on the brink of calamity. Elves and dwarves, orcs and men, wizards and Harfoots… as friendships are strained and kingdoms begin to fracture, the forces of good will struggle ever more valiantly to hold on to what matters to them most of all… each other.

• Like 2

Annatar? I thought the showrunners had jettisoned him after the Halbrand storyline.

I presume that pointy ears and long hair have the same effect as Clark Kent's glasses in this version of Middle-Earth.

It does look beautiful though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BookEater said:

I presume that pointy ears and long hair have the same effect as Clark Kent's glasses in this version of Middle-Earth.

The Aragorn cosplay didn't work, so now he's going to go the Legolas route.  Next season he'll grow a beard and try to look like Gandalf.

• Wink 3
  • LOL 6

This looks promising tbh. I'm glad they seem to go all in on Sauron. The villain arcs were among the best written and I thought Vickers delivered about the strongest performance of the season in the last episode.

I knew something would drop while I was away. I bloody knew it. Anyway, I'm very much in the hopeful camp.

• Like 1

From the VF article:

Readers of The Lord of the Rings have been pining for a Bombadil screen appearance for years

Pining?  Not all of us. 🤣

Tom is too silly. This could end up really cheesy. Think of what PJ did to poor Radagast or even Treebeard to some extent. Cut the singing and dancing and he might be ok. 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

From the VF article:

Tom is too silly. This could end up really cheesy. Think of what PJ did to poor Radagast or even Treebeard to some extent. Cut the singing and dancing and he might be ok. 

But if you cut singing and dancing, then why include Bombadil?

I would be fine if Bombadil would not make appereance in show. They should now better develop characters they have and introduce Anarion, Narvi, potentional candidates for Nazguls, etc.

• Like 1

Not what I was expecting but I must admit I'm curious how Bombadil will translate onto screen. I wonder if Goldberry will be in it too?

I'll go into it with an open mind, it helps that I like Rory Kinnear and he does have singing experience which should help and you never know Bear McCreary could cook up something interesting for old Tom.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Haleth said:

From the VF article:

I really do like him. While I wasn't pining, I am happy to see him at this stage.

• Like 2

‘The Rings of Power’ Actor Confirmed Not Returning for Season 2

1.jpg

Nazanin Boniadi, who plays Bronwyn, the human healer, who is the mother of Theo and had a forbidden romance with the elf warrior Arondir has chosen not to return for The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 2.

Nazanin Boniadi has decided instead to focus her time towards activism, specifically supporting the people of her homeland, Iran, who have been risking everything for freedom. #WomanLifeFreedom 

• Like 3
On 5/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, Haleth said:

From the VF article:

Tom is more powerful than the elves and considerably less pretentious and pompous. Pretty realistic, though. Nature is both silly and scary. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

‘The Rings of Power’ Actor Confirmed Not Returning for Season 2

Nazanin Boniadi, who plays Bronwyn, the human healer, who is the mother of Theo and had a forbidden romance with the elf warrior Arondir has chosen not to return for The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power Season 2.

Nazanin Boniadi has decided instead to focus her time towards activism, specifically supporting the people of her homeland, Iran, who have been risking everything for freedom. #WomanLifeFreedom 

Pity, I liked her. But I'm not surprised, I followed her on social media for a while. Almost all about her activism, very little about her day job. Good on her, though.

• Like 4

New character! Her name is Estrid, she gets involved in the action alongside Isildur and Arondir. Y'know, Tolkien named Isuldur's four sons, but not his wife. I think it's a good idea for the show to perhaps fill in some of these blanks.

• Useful 1