Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: #thesystemisbroken

• Start Topic

Wonderful first episode. Love the new characters. Who is the gal who is playing the new campaign manager? She is one hot southern mess. Anyway, am binge watching today and enjoying every single minute. 

• Love 2
(edited)

So a lot of the stuff that went bad in S2 they are rectifying here, but not in a good way.

The good:  Love the writing being open and out front with the racial issues and not shying away from them.  Love them putting Aaron Shore BACK in front where he should be - I mean - what the hell is the point of having a man that HOTT on a show for 2 seasons and this is the FIRST time we've seen him shirtless?

Campaign lady from Transformers is hilarious.  I see her and think "Hey!!! Duck and cover!"  LOL.

The bad:  I hate how they've tossed all of these new characters at us and barely acknowledged the ones who left.  Hannah still seems like she's on another show.  The tension and awesomeness of S1 is gone completely - that season I could NOT stop watching - it was so gripping...  Also - I don't like the insta-relationship with Aaron and Isabella.  I didn't get to "fall" for them at all.  It was just forced on me and I'm mad because I have been shipping Emily and Aaron from day one.  Aaron shirtless = good.  The rest?  Whatever.  I really haven't warmed to Anthony Edward's character either.

The Whatever:  I guess I have to accept that the brilliant show I loved from S1 isn't coming back and neither are any of the set ups they did there.  I am mad that they just dropped Emily and Aaron - because it makes NO SENSE to just drop something that had such promise and then leave Aaron single for 2 whole seasons - WTF.  And then when they DO pair him with someone and bring him back to the forefront, they give him an insta-relationship with some brand new chick who IS NOT EMILY!!

I'm still mad, lol.

I didn't sign up for this West Wing kinda show - I signed up for the awesomeness we got in S1.  

The unforgiveable:  Where the hell is MIKE?!?!

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 2

Wow, That was....better than I expected. Moving to Netflix was the right choice.

Campaign Manager lady is slippery. She will propable join the VEEP's campaign next episode.

Hannah finally faced the consequenes for going so off book, but se did not stay unemployed for long.

Nice of Kiefer to take a break from his Country Music career for long enough to shoot this. He's good at speeches! Tom is less sanctamonous than he used to ve, and that's a good thing.

• Love 1

So the dead cardinals at the end- I know that ties in to the dead bird at the beginning, but what did it mean? Bioterrorism?

It was like when young actors get to cuss on stage. They make sure you know they are saying the f-bomb by saying is as loud and over-enunciated as possible. 

When President!Bauer was going to speak in the deserted!mall to that group of folks and is being introduced, he's almost in the dang crowd with them, yet no one noticed him standing there?

Shout-out to my childhood town of Asheville, NC!

Nice touch with the real people voicing concerns at the end. Other than that? Meh. Too many plot threads and I expect none to be tied up. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 8:13 AM, WAnglais1 said:

It was like when young actors get to cuss on stage. They make sure you know they are saying the f-bomb by saying is as loud and over-enunciated as possible

Even though I haven't used the F word since my eldest was born 40 years ago, I didn't notice it was spoken during the episode until it was mentioned here.  And then, like a naughty elementary schooler, I had to go look up which characters uttered it: Hannah, the campaign lady with the boy toy, the new COS, and Seth when he repeated what the COS said.

About the 3rd season so far:
More of the same to me.
Not sure if the good stuff is outweighing the bad enough to make me want to watch the rest when I don't have a weekly meet-up here to discuss.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Not sure if the good stuff is outweighing the bad enough to make me want to watch the rest when I don't have a weekly meet-up here to discuss.

I am just here for the speechifying and an acceptable presidential response when there is a crisis.

• Love 2
On 6/11/2019 at 6:13 AM, WAnglais1 said:

It was like when young actors get to cuss on stage. They make sure you know they are saying the f-bomb by saying is as loud and over-enunciated as possible. 

When President!Bauer was going to speak in the deserted!mall to that group of folks and is being introduced, he's almost in the dang crowd with them, yet no one noticed him standing there?

Shout-out to my childhood town of Asheville, NC!

Nice touch with the real people voicing concerns at the end. Other than that? Meh. Too many plot threads and I expect none to be tied up. 

I came here just to see if anyone else noticed how much cursing the characters did in the show.  

I curse, I don't mind cursing, but it felt very gratuitous.  Like whatever point penny was trying to make, she had to drop the f-bomb?

It was like the writers were so excited not to be on network TV they went crazy!

• Love 2