Type keyword(s) to search

Julie Chen: Big Brother Is Always Watching

• Start Topic

None of The Talk's social media accounts have uploaded her announcement yet. I found it on YouTube uploaded by a viewer which is why it's one of those recorded while airing on the TV literally.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Julie's goodbye was heartfelt. I loved her endorsement of Carrie Anne Inaba as a new co-host. 

Leaving the show was the right thing to do. I wish Julie well...

Damn, watching Julie's goodbye made it all real. For all her faults and underhandedness , I'll miss her. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

How long until Julie files for divorce?   At some point, she will realize that her husband is a monster.

I doubt that she will divorce him.  Too much money involved & she knew what she was getting.  She won’t be able to get another job in entertainment, either.  A lot of baggage attached to Julie Moonves.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

I doubt that she will divorce him.  Too much money involved & she knew what she was getting.  She won’t be able to get another job in entertainment, either.  A lot of baggage attached to Julie Moonves.

True, however, she is still young enough that she can reinvent herself.  Plus, she has a son to think about, I could imagine the teasing and bullying that might occur at school. Kids are mean. I remember Julie saying that her son struggled with his Asian identity. He no longer wants to speak Chinese, in order to not stand out from his friends. 

• Love 7

I couldn't figure out how to change the TV in my dentist chair but I FF to see it once I got home.  She wasn't my favorite TV Host but I did like her on BB. I wish her well cuz this has to be hell. I don't feel she is complaisant in any way. 

Gotta wonder what's going on in her house today. 

Edited by FairyDusted
removed repeat sentence
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, however, she is still young enough that she can reinvent herself.  Plus, she has a son to think about, I could imagine the teasing and bullying that might occur at school. Kids are mean. I remember Julie saying that her son struggled with his Asian identity. He no longer wants to speak Chinese, in order to not stand out from his friends. 

But when you have buckets of money, and some serious shit that your husband did, wouldn't you just fade away?  To protect your kid?

• Love 3

I have no strong feelings about Julie and only watch The Talk sporadically but the thought that keeps going through my head:  once again a man behaves badly and a woman pays the price.  Good luck to Julie and Charlie.  Les can kick rocks!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, jalady said:

I have no strong feelings about Julie and only watch The Talk sporadically but the thought that keeps going through my head:  once again a man behaves badly and a woman pays the price.  Good luck to Julie and Charlie.  Les can kick rocks!

Julie will not stay with him in the long run.  

• Love 6

Wowwwwww....

Leslie and Julie’s meeting

Julie was always a career-oriented woman. She was solely focused on her career and had no plans to get married or have kids of her own. All this changed when she met Leslie.

Chen was already a staff at the CBS and had worked there for several years. The two did not know each other personally. But when they personally met, they immediately clicked!

There is a grim tale in their love story as. Leslie was a married man when he and Chan started their affair. He was married to Nancy Wiesenfeld and had three children together. However, his wife Nancy of 24 years was estranged and Leslie left wife Nancy for Chan.  Two weeks after the divorce, in 2004, Leslie and Julie were married. 

After Leslie’s and Julie’s relationship went public, he and Nancy had a nasty divorce. After divorce papers were files, Leslie was in a hurry to be listed as a single man. So he rushed the divorce, which Nancy has called “not moral”.

“I knew our marriage would end eventually. But the way it happened was not correct, it was not moral.”

Nancy describes:

“I felt that everybody knew about what was going on [between Moonves and Chen]. And everybody did know. Except me.” 

Nancy is still a stock owner in Viacom, CBS’s parent company. But she has said she does not watch anything on the network.

“Neither I nor our children have watched it in years. I don’t want to see [Chen]. It’s not healthy for me or my kids.”

She also has added that she has never met Chan and “hope to god” she never will.

• Love 8

Hey are we allowed to chat about MR. Chen here? I just saw on the National News that Les turned in CHARLEY'S iPad to investigators instead of his?! Julie has to be beside herself and frankly I think she will have him in the casita by midnight.

• Love 3

I meant to post this article quite a while ago. Was trying to close some of my open tabs (way too many)  and came across this article again. While promoting her new book But first, God Julie is saying she was "pushed off" the show by two former hosts. I'd be uncomfortable working with someone defending a man who's done what Leslie has in his life. If those two hosts went to the bosses to express that I can't say I blame them. Julie also comments about what went on after the first season that saw Leah and Holly bumped off the show.

Julie Chen Moonves Accuses 2 Former The Talk Cohosts of Pushing Her Off Show

She never did leave Leslie instead she "found god" and is now overly religious. At one point she was sending/giving out bibles/religious masks to BB alumni, people working BTS on Big Brother and fans as described in this article which is from 2020. It also includes a makeup free pic of Julie too for anyone interested in that since most of us saw the makeup free episode of The Talk years ago.

Julie Chen Moonves’ gifts to Big Brother cast and crew: a Bible, ‘BB22 by the grace of God’ mask

Edited by Jaded
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1