Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: Something Blue

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Do we really have to worry about Nikki living too much longer?   Isn't she attending Hudson U?  The deadliest college in the world.

She graduated.

On 5/16/2019 at 5:00 PM, zillabreeze said:

Do we really have to worry about Nikki living too much longer?   Isn't she attending Hudson U?  The deadliest college in the world.

Nikki graduated from Columbia, not Hudson University, although Hudson University has been mentioned on the show. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Nikki graduated from Columbia, not Hudson University, although Hudson University has been mentioned on the show. 

Perhaps she applied there or a friend of hers attended.  I just remember cracking up at the mention.  My favorite souvenir from my last NYC trip is my Hudson U tee-shirt.😁

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

Perhaps she applied there or a friend of hers attended.  I just remember cracking up at the mention.  My favorite souvenir from my last NYC trip is my Hudson U tee-shirt.😁

If it makes you feel better, Hudson University has been mentioned multiple times on the series. I think it's usually been in the context of Danny's cases, but Nikki could have mentioned a friend going there or applied there herself. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

Hudson University has been mentioned multiple times on the series

For a long time, I thought it was a Law & Order thing.  It was actually started in DC Comics and I was astounded at the number of TV shows that have used the "campus" to kill off kids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

For a long time, I thought it was a Law & Order thing.  It was actually started in DC Comics and I was astounded at the number of TV shows that have used the "campus" to kill off kids.

For a long time, I thought it was a CBS thing, then found out all three networks have used it (not necessarily as a scene of the crime). I had no idea it orginated in a comic book. 

• Love 1

Who was the killer, in Danny's case? Yes, she was the date with long dark hair that the dead guy had before he ran in to the wrongly accused girl, but do we know who she was? Did she appear elsewhere in the story, earlier? I'm confused.

(edited)

Eddie is a likeble person.  They couldn’t have an old friend stand up with her?  She couldn’t ask Nicki or Erin?  Why would Jamie have groomsmen if she wasn’t having bridesmaids?  Anthony was well aware of the nature of their relationship yet an entire precinct doesn’t?  Yet her partner is invited to the wedding- was that a phone call the night before? 

There’s a filled church/ invitations were obviously sent out.   Various cops were invited. But their precinct is clueless? 

It was great to finally see Frank address the lopsided nature of the Reagan family dinners. and the fact that Eddie and her Mom don’t have them. Would have liked to have heard a mention of how Linda found the dinners to interfere with visits to her family.  

Edited by mythoughtis
On 6/16/2019 at 12:23 AM, mythoughtis said:

Would have liked to have heard a mention of how Linda found the dinners to interfere with visits to her family.  

Maybe they didn't. I don't recall any mention of Linda's family the entire time she was on the show. 

On 6/16/2019 at 12:23 AM, mythoughtis said:

Would have liked to have heard a mention of how Linda found the dinners to interfere with visits to her family. 

4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Maybe they didn't. I don't recall any mention of Linda's family the entire time she was on the show. 

Yeah the show doesn't really like to acknowledge that there are families outside of the Reagans or suggest that people would ever chose to spend time in some other way than worshiping at the altar of St. Francis of Staten Island. Perhaps if they hadn't killed her off they would have gotten around to having one of the relatives on her side of the family be a crime victim or a perp and have Frank patronize her about how he can't give her family special treatment because that's not the Reagan Way and then gone back to ignoring the existence of her having other relatives ever again...

(edited)
33 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Yeah the show doesn't really like to acknowledge that there are families outside of the Reagans or suggest that people would ever chose to spend time in some other way than worshiping at the altar of St. Francis of Staten Island. Perhaps if they hadn't killed her off they would have gotten around to having one of the relatives on her side of the family be a crime victim or a perp and have Frank patronize her about how he can't give her family special treatment because that's not the Reagan Way and then gone back to ignoring the existence of her having other relatives ever again...

They did that a couple of times. her sister and/ or niece was involved with Fashion Week and some crime occurred. 

After Linda’s death, Danny interceded on her brothers behalf for something. 

I just think it is a ridiculous portrayal that no one in this family except for Nicky( on weekends she was with her Dad) and now Jack( out of  town college) ever misses a weekend. Danny may leave early for a case, but that’s it. None of them ever go on vacation, go to a matinee, attend an event. meet a friend,  do housework or repairs, or any of the various things the rest of us working families do on Sunday. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

Finally saw this in syndication.  Thank goodness Eddie apologized to Erin because I was going to be unglued if yet another person complains about Erin doing her job.  Next time, Eddie, get your witness to sign his statement or maybe even write it out himself.  Anthony is quite the Reagan whisperer.  The fact he hates Danny elevates his character even more for me.