Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Vikingtown Sound

• Start Topic

We were saved watching a rape at least. Mayhem does her thing again.

Does Tandy have enhanced strength? what she does goes beyond a sharp knife. Meanwhile Ty's fighting style seems to have picked up a few things from Hope Van Dyne. Not in changing sizes but using the ability to suddenly appear as he took out the giant guard.

• Love 2

Considering how much happened, this really felt like a slow episode. 

Looks like gobbling up baddies aint a good thing for ty. Seems to at the very least affect his powers.

Poor Chantelle sacrificing herself for the greater good. Much respect.

Probably should've had a couple of episodes here. This is the first episode where the sex trafficking part felt real.

I like the subtleness of race and class disparity in this one. They need to go quieter with it, but this was a huge step in the right direction.

I love that tandy never gave up. 

That action scene at the end was fun.

That outfit they put Tandy in for the client was...not what I expected. I guess they were going for the virginal vibe. Shudder.

Not to forget the significance of actual human trafficking, but the whole showdown between the pimp's girlfriend and the girl was beyond cheesy. I actually laughed out loud when the girl paused and said "that's not true… I have HOPE!" Anyway I'm glad Tandy was able to save her and her action/battle montage was very cool, although I was kind of taken out of it by the fact that she had to do it all dressed like a 12-year-old on her way to church.

Even though it was part of the villain monologue, I appreciate the show's continued acknowledgment of how race/class differences affect the way Ty and Tandy see the world as well as the choices they're able to make.

Looks like the stage is set for Ty/Tandy as a ship. Putting these episodes where they have to rescue each other back-to-back seems to be a way to get them to realize they each have deeper feelings for each other by going through all these traumatic situations where the other's safety is at risk. There's still the awkward Evita factor (non-factor), but I'm predicting an impulsive kiss by the finale.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Looks like the stage is set for Ty/Tandy as a ship. Putting these episodes where they have to rescue each other back-to-back seems to be a way to get them to realize they each have deeper feelings for each other by going through all these traumatic situations where the other's safety is at risk. There's still the awkward Evita factor (non-factor), but I'm predicting an impulsive kiss by the finale.

Yeah, I agree. They've been really emphasizing the whole "you're my best friend in the whole world, the only person I have is you thing" for like three episodes in a row now. And their happiness at seeing each other again in this one was practically giddy, although that's due to the chemistry between the actors. You really do feel like they like each other a lot.

It looks like we see Evita again in the next episode for the first time since the premiere (not counting her standing in the background in Tandy's dream), but it's so late in the season now that my guess is she will show up to witness the very obvious personal connection between Ty and Tandy and bow out voluntarily. Maybe say something to Ty about it, so that he realizes it too (I think at this point I definitely buy that Tandy loves him, but he still seems not quite to have noticed?)

I never thought I would think this about a superhero show, but they need to do more action scenes. Seriously, the pacing is too slow sometimes. And then when they do get to Ty and Tandy kicking ass and using their powers, like at the end of this one, you realize we should really see them doing more of this. Their mind powers and dream stuff is way too vague and undefined- it's hard to figure out what's even happening sometimes when they go into that.

But it is cool seeing Ty really using his teleportation power to kick some ass. It reminded me of that Nightcrawler scene from X2.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think Tandy realizes Ty is closer than a friend but I don't think she sees it as being love yet either. I do think they are heading that way. 

Evita does need to know that Tandy as powers too and see them together first. Then she'll probably realize that their connection is stronger then they even know. It sucks that's she's been so underutilized but this show is about Cloak and Dagger. 

Does Tandy's light daggers give her enhanced strength, how she was able to bust through a wall. I suppose she'll need something since she can't teleport like Ty. This show is more like Legion than the other super hero shows. They focus more on the mind powers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I think Tandy realizes Ty is closer than a friend but I don't think she sees it as being love yet either. I do think they are heading that way. 

Evita does need to know that Tandy as powers too and see them together first. Then she'll probably realize that their connection is stronger then they even know. It sucks that's she's been so underutilized but this show is about Cloak and Dagger. 

Does Tandy's light daggers give her enhanced strength, how she was able to bust through a wall. I suppose she'll need something since she can't teleport like Ty. This show is more like Legion than the other super hero shows. They focus more on the mind powers. 

Evita does know about the powers, maybe not the specifics of everything. When Tandy tried to probe her hopes in the first season Evita kicked Tandy out of her brain

I think she does have enhanced strength. But the show has not flat out stated it. They can't pretend it is martial arts technique 

Edited by Raja
17 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Does Tandy's light daggers give her enhanced strength, how she was able to bust through a wall.

Tandy threw several light daggers through the wall to weaken it before she "Kool-Aid Man'ed" her way through it. No super strength required. Tandy should be more careful blindly throwing her light daggers without being able to see where they will end up. She might have easily killed one of the abducted girls.

• Love 2

I think that Tandy is just full on hope powered, so that gave her the extra blast. Ty using his powers more is really kick ass, and as much as I enjoy this show and its more cerebral tendencies, I could do with a bit more action. 

The human trafficking bits were all really creepy, and it seemed to work pretty well as a metaphor for trafficking through Tandys powers. They drain hope and make their victims feel helpful and dependent on them, just here its a lot more literal. 

They definitely seem to heading towards a Ty/Tandy romance, and as they really do have amazing chemistry, I can get behind that.

I was full on yelling and cheering at the end. between Del standing up for herself, Ty driving into the building and Tandy just busting down walls. It was glorious. Her Kool-Aid manning it through the wall was awesome, and I think her throwing all the light daggers to weaken the wall was how she did it. It was so satisfying to see her just kicking down walls through the building. And then she and Ty got to each other. Beautiful reunion, And then it goes badly. You can't do that to me (and Tandy) after just fake shooting him in the last episode. 

My favorite non-violent moment of the episode was probably Ty suddenly surrounded by all the little ballerinas all dressed in white and slowly starts smiling before he poofs out with all the girls trying to figure out what happened. Second favorite is Tandy calling Ty the best friend a girl could hope for. 

And way to go, Mayhem, messing with the guy's whole record store of evil. Good Mayhem, way better than the insurance one. But I got a little confused about how her song choice seemed to make things happen, like the ballerinas showing up and the ambulance going by.