Type keyword(s) to search

S31: Rupert and Laura Boneham (Married)

• Start Topic

Rupert and Laura Boneham (Married)

Previous seasons: Survivor: Pearl Islands, Survivor: All-Stars, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, and Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Rupert); Survivor: Blood vs. Water (Laura)

Rupert Boneham
Hometown: Indianapolis
Current occupation: Self-employed

Three words to describe you: Strong, smart, and brave.

What excites you most about traveling?
The adventure.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
The Amazing Race-rs will most definitely have the advantage. Returning players always have the advantage over newbies.

Laura Boneham
Hometown: Indianapolis
Current occupation: Registered Nurse

Three words to describe you: Kind, strong, and smart.

What excites you most about traveling?
Seeing breathtaking scenery and new places I have never been before.

Who do you think will be your biggest competition: Racers, Houseguests, or Castaways?
Our biggest competition will most definitely be the Racers. There is a learning curve to running the Race and returnees have the advantage, no question!

6b37aa4524742aea_rupert_laura.jpg

After enduring years of Rupert, I always think one thing:

Does that dude ever shower? He always looks to me like he needs a long, hot, soapy shower.

Or maybe more. I'm thinking Meryl Streep being scrubbed down in Silkwood.

• Love 1

What makes me laugh about Rupert is his empty, unblinking eyes when he's faced with a difficult or confusing task. He gave me some laughs this episode so I'm almost tempted to hope he stays around.

Another thing I hope happens is that another team will double-cross him. Remember on Survivor when he came back to camp screaming over and over, "Who wrote my name down?" like he was about to kill someone? I'm hoping he'll flip out like that again because that was entertainment. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, scowl said:

What makes me laugh about Rupert is his empty, unblinking eyes when he's faced with a difficult or confusing task. He gave me some laughs this episode so I'm almost tempted to hope he stays around.

Another thing I hope happens is that another team will double-cross him. Remember on Survivor when he came back to camp screaming over and over, "Who wrote my name down?" like he was about to kill someone? I'm hoping he'll flip out like that again because that was entertainment. 

I want him & Laura to stay around long enough for the U-Turn vote just so we can get a replay of that moment

11 minutes ago, lexington11 said:

I want him & Laura to stay around long enough for the U-Turn vote just so we can get a replay of that moment

Oh, yes! A U-turn! I can already see the explosive anger in his frightening face as he slowly says to the camera, "Those... two... are... dead."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, scowl said:

Remember on Survivor when he came back to camp screaming over and over, "Who wrote my name down?"

Yep. And grabbed John by the neck. This youth counselor, or whatever he calls himself.

• Love 2

If I recall correctly, Rupert was so popular during his first season on Survivor that CBS basically gave him $1 million dollars by creating a fan favorite award and somehow making the prize equal to that of the actual winner of the show. 

• Love 2
On 4/21/2019 at 1:27 AM, ImpinAintEasy said:

If I recall correctly, Rupert was so popular during his first season on Survivor that CBS basically gave him $1 million dollars by creating a fan favorite award and somehow making the prize equal to that of the actual winner of the show. 

That was actually his second season/the show's first All Stars season where they had that America's tribal council $1M award. And I was somewhat surprised he won it, because it wasn't like he was up against complete nobodies, since his main competition for that award was none other than Rob Mariano.

After all these years of being repeatedly subjected to Rupert, I am still wondering... does he actually talk like that in real life?  The "I'm a modern day pyrate playing surVIIIIIIGGGHHHver avast ye mateys" voice?  Or is it a character he adopted for his first season which had a pirate theme, and then he became known for it so now feels obligated to keep it going?  If I ran into someone that talks like he does, I don't know how I would keep a straight face.

• Love 2
On 4/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, blackwing said:

After all these years of being repeatedly subjected to Rupert, I am still wondering... does he actually talk like that in real life?  

If someone I had never met talked to me in that slow childlike voice with those empty eyes, I would instinctively start talking slowly and avoid using big words. 

• Love 1